Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253408 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Uhhhh... why? :-\ I rather liked it...

I won't go into detail on why it sucks, because then I'd just be ruining it for everyone else, but basically whenever I look at it I see all sorts of stuff that make me think "Jesus, what was I thinking when I did that, if I tried drawing that today I'd have done [blah] instead".

Also I really can't think of a more-fitting background for a Spearbreakers than an unholy clusterfuck composed of multiple tangentially-related images of wildly varying tone, composition and art style haphazardly cobbled together into a collage. Even if it's not what you intended, it's still pretty much perfect.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Awww... Theres no Stone INC. guff...

The images where really bad, wherent they?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Talvi has been given the go ahead! Vanya is incoming as soon as he sees my PM.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wod-MudLNPA
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Uhhhh, no. I just couldn't find them. :-\ I remember you saying you put some up somewhere, but I don't think I ever saw/found them, which is the only reason they aren't in the Spearbreakers art gallery. Some of mine and Mr Frog's are missing from it, too. And I think one or two of Splint's. Don't take it personally. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wod-MudLNPA
I lol'd.

Vanya post incoming as soon as I recheck it one more time...

Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Uhhhh, no. I just couldn't find them. :-\ I remember you saying you put some up somewhere, but I don't think I ever saw/found them, which is the only reason they aren't in the Spearbreakers art gallery. Some of mine and Mr Frog's are missing from it, too. And I think one or two of Splint's. Don't take it personally. :P

At this point I'm amazed anyone can make heads or tails of where everything is to be perfectly honest.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And here it is. :)

Vanya's Journals, Chapter 65

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:35:39 am by Talvieno »

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

So many little twists that can ruin this plan, I can't guess which it actually is!
Oh wait, it's just her bad luck, right?

Also, neat picture wall. Did you notice the forgotten beast petting Vanya's hair?
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So many little twists that can ruin this plan, I can't guess which it actually is!
Oh wait, it's just her bad luck, right?
Nah, I don't do things like that. :P I want it to be obvious in hindsight. lol    When I say things like that, it means I've mentioned it before at least once - usually in passing. There are a lot of twists coming up that I've treated that way, actually.

Also, neat picture wall. Did you notice the forgotten beast petting Vanya's hair?
Nope, didn't notice... I do now, though.

In other news, I'm sick. :-\ Just a cold, but still, blech, way overslept today... I like getting up early, but it didn't happen for the first time in a while.

And finally, I've noticed that the thread tends to die very quickly as a rule after I make a story post. (part of the reason I've hesitated to post story bits before.)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

And finally, I've noticed that the thread tends to die very quickly as a rule after I make a story post. (part of the reason I've hesitated to post story bits before.)

That's because your writing absolutely stuns us :D

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope you meant in a good way, rather than a bad way. :P Still, it'd be nice if I was slightly less... stunning. Silences after you make a post feel ominous, really...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I just never know what to say honestly.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Allright, Ill shove in the link shortly.

My general folder for SpearBreakers related things, may also include all vaguely DF things, as there is some armor I have still not in a folder...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:06:48 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I meant in the thread. :P No worries, I'll hunt them down soon...

anyway, on Mr Frog's encouragement, our wiki now has a background...
http://spearbreakers.wikia.com/wiki/Spearbreakers_Wiki

and here's a preview of the background:

And here's showing that it wraps:
take careful note of what has happened to Joseph's head. (no, that wasn't intentional.)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

I hope you meant in a good way, rather than a bad way. :P Still, it'd be nice if I was slightly less... stunning. Silences after you make a post feel ominous, really...

Sorry Talvien, I just like... I don't want to say anything until I read the whole thing, and my short attention span usually precludes me making it to the end of your stories. Plus I kinda wanna read it from the beginning, but I won't do that if it's in e-book form but I don't have enough paper to print the whole thing. It's not you, I swear, I just... internet is distracting!
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 815