Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253640 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

@Talvi: Read up to Chapter 4. Very nice, could be published as a book and marketed if it were written under different circumstances.

@Everyone:

Bear with me here, I don't use metric measures by nature. I just figure it would be most appropriate for Ringo.  I also have most of the next episode written, but I'm gonna try to finish several in advance so that I can have a steady release stream. In case anyone's wondering, the goblin boy's name is/will be Ux ( pronounced "Ush" ), which translates "Grim".

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

@Talvi: Read up to Chapter 4. Very nice, could be published as a book and marketed if it were written under different circumstances.
Not sure if you're saying that's as far as you've gotten, or that that's as far as you're going to go. :P Thank you, though, for the compliment. I've been getting some pretty heavy criticism on it lately, so it's nice to have something positive said about it.

@Everyone:

Bear with me here, I don't use metric measures by nature. I just figure it would be most appropriate for Ringo.  I also have most of the next episode written, but I'm gonna try to finish several in advance so that I can have a steady release stream. In case anyone's wondering, the goblin boy's name is/will be Ux ( pronounced "Ush" ), which translates "Grim".

Very nice! Everything matches so far, and you're a pretty good writer yourself.
I don't know if you've looked at it, but there's a map to the area around Spearbreakers hidden somewhere in the Spearbreakers art gallery - it might help you some with your storytelling.

I haven't been on much the past couple of days, so I need to catch up on PMs, and then I'll be finishing up on proofreading a chapter so I can post it.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

@Talvi: I'm saying that's as far as I've gotten. I plan to read the whole thing. Also, why the heavy criticism?

I also can't find that on the Wiki, could you link me?

@Everyone:
Spoiler: The Attack! (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Does anyone have a world-map of the Spearbreakers's world?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:29:21 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Spoiler broke.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Spoiler broke.

Yea. Whoopsy. I fixed it. Got ninja'ed though, because I thought I'd fixed it before anyone saw.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:36:27 pm by Talvieno »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

The corner next to the amber barbs is North right?

EDIT: You guys don't mind me naming sections that you haven't put a name to yet? Or would I need to get approval for stuff like that.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:38:59 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Most places have a name in-game, I just can't be bothered to dig through my copy to look.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The corner next to the amber barbs is North right?

EDIT: You guys don't mind me naming sections that you haven't put a name to yet? Or would I need to get approval for stuff like that.
That's actually north-east.  The sections have names, they just aren't labeled on that map. I think most of the stuff south of Spearbreakers is unnamed, but the areas to the north are named. The jungles are The Jungles of Binding, the deserts are "Gugiromon", as I recall, or something like that - humans live up there, and we named them for the human settlements. The Amber Barb is where the dwarven mountainhome is. There's an official name for the blood plains, but we just call them "the blood plains". For the most part, we've been using the ingame names. Those are the only ones I remember off the top of my head, though.

Everything south of Spearbreakers is basically uncharted territory. There aren't any stories taking place down there, as far as I know.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Hmm... Well I put Westerroc to the south and west of some mountains, so I'm thinking that mountain range next to the long river is the mountain range we're headed to now. Where's new Spearbreakers going to be, cos I don't think I'll have us end up in old Spearbreakers at all. And can anyone, preferablly Splint or Talvi, send me a copy of the save so I can reasonably find a place to put Westerroc? ( As well as give me some advice on the matter in PM's. I'm not sure how to add the place in. Eh. It'll probably be in ruins anyway, since the last inhabitants just followed me out of there. So it may not matter.)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Also, just for the record... Is Everoc pronounced ever-rock or eve-rock? Because I've been pronouncing it ever-rock the whole time, but last night dreamed I was actually in the fortress and everyone pronounced it eve-rock.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Not Ever-roc?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd been going with ever-rock myself for pronunciation.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Yes, Gugiromon in story encompasses most of the desert north to north east of the Blood Plains. It is a varied country, inhabited almost exclusively by humans. It ranges from total aridity in the area near the Blood Plains, which is its southernmost border, to plains in its foodbowl east.

Sewaturet is situated somewhere near the border of Gugiromon and the Amber Barb, if I recall correctly.

The Four Counties of my stories are a tiny nation of four towns off the eastern tip of Gugiromon.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For reference, Gugiromon is the untranslated name for the humans in Spearbreakers (or most of them anyway,) The Copper Realm.
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 815