Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253666 times)

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9375 on: October 26, 2013, 04:12:02 pm »

Rock, Paper, Scythoid:
Kill a a Scythoid with a rock fall trap.

Not so Deadly:
Wrestle a Scythoid to death.

Not a Fan:
Kill a Manamaid before it has a chance to bust a move.

Preemptive strike:
Take out a Sequiv ambush as soon as it enters the map.

"In case of stairs, use fire"

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9376 on: October 26, 2013, 04:47:47 pm »

i think Spearbreakers II would have enough problems without having to leave it's gate open all the time.
What do you think? Yes? No?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: October 26, 2013, 05:49:17 pm »

Given the part necromancers played in Spearbreakers, this is only fair:

Necromancers

Reanimate:Have necromancers reanimate one of each type of sentient race in the game.

Weaponize Death:Trap Necromancer(s) and make a zombie-filled moat.

(have some way to dump corpses in & a way to destroy zombies for the sake of FPS, bonus if said method doesn't kill Necromancer, making moat reusable)

Opps:Necromacer breaks free within fortress corpse stockpile, but is still defeated.

Miscellaneous

No such thing as overkill: Headshot 20 siegers with railgun/plasma rifle

Mugged: Hit 30 targets with mugapult(s) (if there are other mug weaponry, or a dwarf randomly decides to use a mug as their weapon of choice, it counts).

Mug Up: Buy out every caravan (possible exception if trying to incite war) with only MUGS-bins are allowed? Not? Communitys decision.

Herculean Might: Wrestle a mighty spawn to the death and miraculously win. (This happens I owe you a drawing of a Masterfully Engraved Mug  8) )

Pandoras Box: Trap some enemies in "cells" which can be opened against enemies. Bonus if used to eliminate cavern mega beast before clearing it out. Bonus if you claim said cavern for your own use.

Hell is cheery this time of year: Send your dorf into hell for vacation, without any casualties during your turn due to demonic entities.

EDIT: Does Splint mind us laying down challenges on top of a already needlessly dwarfenly difficultIMPOSSIBLEchallenging!!FUN!! Fortress? We hardly need to egg on peoples     
machismo spirit on on in this game.

EDIT of an EDIT: fixed "machoism" to "machismo". Credit to Mr Frog for catching.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 04:43:42 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: October 26, 2013, 06:53:07 pm »

@Cynm:

I like all of those except for Preemptive Strike (which seems hard to recognise). May I add them to the list (with credit)? I think Not So Deadly needs a better title, tbut "Rock, Paper, Scythod" is brilliant.

@Talon:

I came up with them mostly for fun. Splint doesn't have to acknowledge it if he doesn't want to.

E: And the word you're looking for is 'machismo'.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:04:57 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: October 26, 2013, 06:55:02 pm »

I wonder... Could we wait until the update to the game?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: October 26, 2013, 07:02:50 pm »

Ugh, I'd personally rather not. Trying to guess when Toady will finish any given release is a losing man's game; we could be waiting for months and months (particularly if you factor in how long it takes to fic all the bugs and restabilise the game after such a huge update). And then there's the fact that there's no telling how much of what we've added will still work... It doesn't seem worth it to me, but it's not my decision to make so blah.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:04:23 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: October 26, 2013, 07:19:42 pm »

Allright.
Hey Herr Frog, would you be interested in working on a game of DF made from scratch?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: October 26, 2013, 07:22:46 pm »

Allright.
Hey Herr Frog, would you be interested in working on a game of DF made from scratch?

By which you mean..?

E: Oh, that. I dunno, the project's been going on for such a long time now and I'd be completely-lost.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:33:21 pm by Mr Frog »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: October 26, 2013, 07:33:16 pm »

Thanks.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: October 26, 2013, 07:45:09 pm »

Most of our stuff should be fine, but one of the biggest issues will be climbing. We've have to basically not permit any trap avoidance to be able to do anything since Scythods, the Seqivet, Banshees, and what have you would just climb right over most of our outer defenses, making turtling literally impossible unless we ringed the tops with tons and tons of traps.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: October 26, 2013, 08:22:20 pm »

I usually make most of my defenses internal anyway, so I don't think climbing will make that much of a difference. I typically don't bother with external walls except for looks.

E: Simple defense for climbers: build floors overhanging the front of your walls like so:

Code: [Select]
(side view)

__
,,O,,,,

'_' = Floor, 'O' = Wall, ',' = Ground

The overhanging floor will stop invaders from trying to climb up the wall.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 08:40:32 pm by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: October 26, 2013, 10:05:16 pm »

Nyeh, that looks... Weird to me for some reason. The edge-o-death just seems much more... Dwarfy I guess.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: October 26, 2013, 10:25:09 pm »

Well, I always build my battlements out a bit...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: October 26, 2013, 10:59:19 pm »

Nyeh, that looks... Weird to me for some reason. The edge-o-death just seems much more... Dwarfy I guess.

;_; But I spent a whole 15 seconds coming up with that design!

Don't come crying to me when your fortress is swamped by Spawn pouring in over the walls en masse just because you didn't adapt your building patterns :3

Well, I always build my battlements out a bit...

Good Asea. *pats head*

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: October 27, 2013, 12:45:03 am »

@Cynm:

I like all of those except for Preemptive Strike (which seems hard to recognise). May I add them to the list (with credit)? I think Not So Deadly needs a better title, but "Rock, Paper, Scythod" is brilliant.

@Mr Frog
Sure go ahead. Perhaps "Not so Deadly" could be changed to "Arms Race".

Edit: "Deadliest Predator/Prey"
Have a dwarf discover a Seqiv ambush while hunting. Predator/Prey awarded depending on whether the hunter dies or not.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:59:21 am by Cynm »
"In case of stairs, use fire"
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 815