Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253766 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8385 on: April 24, 2013, 07:59:11 pm »

DammitMata Nui, now you've gone and started up my fanboy rant.

Are we talking gen 1 Tahu, or Gen 3+ Tahu?
Doesn't matter. Come to think of it, you could be Vakama or Jaller and the result would be the same.
What about Lihkan? He was a fire Toa, too. And past gen 3, Tahu was really a more responsible leader.
Likhan was actually quite responsible come to think of it (for a Fire Toa), and I GUESS Tahu did get better... once the Rahkshi beat the everloving shit out of him, causing him to say the most emo line in the series ever.
Quote from: Tahu Nuva
I. HAVE. NO. DESTINY.
Random quote:  "What do you have in mind, and does it include explosions?"
Random Quote:
You just said you're an alien, and you just won me a lotta bets!
My quote actually came from Bionicle, though.

Now that I've been rereading the web serials, I've decided that my new favorite villain is Vezon.
My quote also did. The blue Glatorian (I forget her name) when she met Mata Nui.
And if I had to choose a favourite villain... Nidhiki.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: April 24, 2013, 08:58:14 pm »

I wonder how much shorter this thread would be if you could take out all the posts that are completely off-topic.  Anyone wanna take a guess?  I'd say about 2/3 as big perhaps?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: April 24, 2013, 08:59:19 pm »

Sounds about right.
I'll take that as a subtle hint to drop it.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: April 24, 2013, 09:06:54 pm »

Define on topic. :P
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: April 24, 2013, 09:22:34 pm »

Anything relating to anything.

Oh, and we've finally arrived at the page i predicted, 560!
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: April 24, 2013, 09:36:18 pm »

Aww, but if you took out the off-topic stuff this wouldn't have gotten as much traffic and other concepts we're using might not have been born!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: April 24, 2013, 09:41:24 pm »

Anything relating to anything.

Oh, and we've finally arrived at the page i predicted, 560!
Considering I'm going to tie Bionicle in with my turn, I think this technically counts.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: April 24, 2013, 09:44:16 pm »

Because of the infinite number of universes and Everoc being a weirdness magnet in general, I have OK'd this.

If only because I have found it fun to confuse people with such things.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: April 24, 2013, 09:53:16 pm »

Because of the infinite number of universes and Everoc being a weirdness magnet in general, I have OK'd this.

If only because I have found it fun to confuse people with such things.
Here's a hint/spoiler:
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: April 24, 2013, 10:20:14 pm »

I was mildly interested in Bionicle for a while, as I used to be obsessed with Legos, but... I'm totally lost with this derail.
Also,
*raises hand*

edit: and before I forget again, I'm still iffy about the spawnitis cure idea - it does make them a lot less scary - but... I'm not irreversibly against it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:25:06 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: April 24, 2013, 10:28:33 pm »

Ok, the idea I have is that since we'll be mutating the spawn to have different castes, each caste has it's own transformation syndrome transferred of course, via bite. the cure would only work on the "Warrior" caste syndrome. If someone was bitten and somehow not killed by something like a greater spawn or "craftsman" spawn and they got spawnitis, they'd mutate into a greater spawn or craftsman spawn (Basically they're smaller and have hands  that can hold weapons, meaning say a pikemaster who got this is vastly more destructive than a simple warrior transformatiuon would be,) not a warrior.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: April 24, 2013, 10:37:14 pm »

I was mildly interested in Bionicle for a while, as I used to be obsessed with Legos, but... I'm totally lost with this derail.
Also,
*raises hand*

edit: and before I forget again, I'm still iffy about the spawnitis cure idea - it does make them a lot less scary - but... I'm not irreversibly against it.
Really, the stories got better. Greg Farshtey really fleshed it out, he was responsive to the fan base, and immune to corporate pressure. He even wrote a story specifically for a fan site. He would actually answer questions that people asked him, and if someone had a good idea he might incorporate it into the canon. (Especially if it was a cannon, because then it would be a canon cannon.) He thinks that eventually Bionicle will make a comeback, comparable to Star Trek.

So, what part specifically lost you?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: April 24, 2013, 10:58:16 pm »

Wait, BIONICLE'S COMING BACK!!!??
:D :D :D :D :D :D
I don't care how long I have to wait!
*ahem*

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: April 24, 2013, 11:08:18 pm »

Wait, BIONICLE'S COMING BACK!!!??
:D :D :D :D :D :D
I don't care how long I have to wait!
*ahem*
To be specific, he just drew parallels between the Star Trek and Bionicle fan bases. So, if nerds like us can keep the spirit alive, then yes.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: April 25, 2013, 07:06:19 am »

18th Galena, 210

Mr Frog finally got the damnable box open but h hasn't told us what it contains; studying it no doubt. I'm positive it's a cure, but.... What if it isn't?

20th Galena, 210

Dwarves have manned the levers to the walk of pointy pain. It's only a matter of time now before we hear the sweet scream of dying humans.

Oh, and Banai seems to have gone fey in the middle of lunch. Reports say he started screaming in Old Dwarven at Marlin, threw his soup in her face and ran for a jewler's shop, throwing Mitch down the central stairs when he shoved The Master into him and elbowing Rodge who happened to be coming to the stairs from the manufactory. Only the gods know what inane thing he plans on making from a bunch of shiny crap.

23rd Galena, 210

Evidently TheKaspa is the ballsiest she-dwarf in history. She waltzed right out into the siege and unjammed the raven-clogged, trap and came back without so much as a thought. The humans have decided to attempt to starve us out by the looks of things, as even with "easy" access to the fortress they remain huddled around their campfires, and it may simply be that they didn't notice her roaming about that she's still alive.

Banai has spent he last few days muttering things to those who pass him as he sifts through our stores. So far he's taken two large hunks of gold, some uncut citrines and bloodstones, and a bundle of leather and was seen heading for the lumber stores for more materials.

24th Galena, 210

We saw Zulban die today. He was chasing a buck that had nosed it's way into his hut and was spotted by one of the human archers. He took a hit to the leg based on how he went down, but he managed to get a distance away, taking at least four more arrows before he dropped. He may have been annoying, but... I have to give him credit for getting far enough away from the humans that they lost interest. I'm not actually sure if he's dead or not to be honest, as it's hard to tell from up on the fist, and I'm almost certain they didn't shoot at us because the archer who downed Zulban couldn't be bother to aim upwards.

25th Galena, 210

Banai came into the mess hall this evening with a beautiful toy boat. Sad that it's some mere trinket fit only for a child to play with, but still. He says that it is called Bisekmusod Egomzeg, "Veiledhaste, The Natural Tattoos." He says it's called this because... Well, that's what it has etched into it and filled with bloodstone so he assumed that was the name.

It's quite a sight to be honest though: It's hull is lined with alternating spikes of towercap and unrefined gold, hanging rings of tunnel tube adorn the length of the underside, and alternating the rows of spikes are leather held in place by octagon studs of bloodstone. The leather also forms the sail if I'm not mistaken. He also managed to somehow make thread from unrefined gold and stitched the image of a blade weed into the sail. On the sides of the main cabin are Sideclapped the raw adamantine earing in a raised citrine relief and in gold ore is Cloutwinnowed, the raw admantine scepter.

All in all though, it's truly an immaculate thing and well worth the price that I have worked out it would be able to sell for: 121200 in gold coinage.

1st Limestone, 210

It is autumn now, and one of the human groups has made it's move and is currently blundering around topside, heading for where Zulban went down the other day, likely to make sure he's dead.

No migrants came thankfully. The fact we have to bury Zulban and possibly others is bad enough, as we will certainly have to take the fight to them if they continue to pussyfoot around.

2nd Limestone, 210

Zulban had apparently survived and had been out there for days hiding in the brush. He's dead now however, and based on the human trying to get his bear to move and the maceman clutching his arm, Zulban didn't go quietly. I couldn't tell from my vantage point, but it looked like he had another three arrows in him and there was at least one dead bear and I'm certain the squad leader's was dying.

In death, I must say that Zulban has earned my respect. Perhaps soemone will read this, and read that Zulban died fighting  knwoing full well he'd die, and make him a minor saint to all who face death with dignity and go down swinging.

[zulban wounded a maceman (just a skin tear sadly) and bit the throats out of two bears after the master archer shot him in his sword arm. And he did this while prone and having three arrows in him from before, before getting shot four more times, chewed on by five different bears (two of  which he took with him,) and thier riders. Thank god for trancing or he probably wouldn't have done more than a few superficial scratches to the bears. Also, I discovered the second dead bear after the Zulban was dead and I watched the second bleed out.]

4th Limestone, 210

Went on the fist again and was greeted by the sight of one of the observation dogs having apparently been shot out of the damned lookout post. Literally, it was shot and sent flying, the chain snapped and it landed in a weapon trap where it is currently messily impaled and quite dead.

Well, anyways, I have converted the room that thus far had been little more than a disused washroom into a second skulker barracks. I'm sure the less fortunate will appreciate it.

[Alas poor Zulban. Time of death: 7:53 AM, 2nd Limestone, 210.
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 815