Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2254343 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7920 on: March 09, 2013, 11:12:47 pm »

Hey guys, I had a sudden idea of brilliance.

We could start up a 'Spearbreakers Wiki' that explains all of the characters, concepts and companies, and the universe behind it. We could host it on Wikia, which is free I think.

We've already got a fair amount of art to go with it too, from our resident amazing artists. :D

I dunno... I really don't think a wiki is the sort of thing one should start on a lark. Quality control will become a full-time task, and it will never friggin' end.

I'm all for an easy-to-update and accessible universe compendium, but not one that anyone can edit. If Wikia lets one restrict editing to certain approved accounts, I say go for it.

Speaking of art: I was actually semi-serious about my earlier offer to illustrate shit, so if anyone wants something drawn, ask away! No promises on the quality, of course, and I reserve the right to not draw something for any reason up to and including 'too hard' and/or 'don't feel like it'.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: March 09, 2013, 11:15:38 pm »

Howabout we just work on thin gs we can link to here. like me finally getting those images uploaded.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: March 10, 2013, 01:48:40 am »

I could maintain it, but I don't know enough of any of the characters bar my own to begin it.  :-[

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: March 10, 2013, 02:01:35 am »

And lo did a great collaborative work to catalog this massive clusterfuck begin.

Gonna try and get an update out, I'm in the mood for it.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: March 10, 2013, 02:34:49 am »

And lo did a great collaborative work to catalog this massive clusterfuck begin.

Gonna try and get an update out, I'm in the mood for it.

I don't think clusterfuck properly describes Spearbreakers anymore (or several succession games for that matter). No we need a need word for well whatever this is.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: March 10, 2013, 02:37:14 am »

I'll get the wikia domain started.

Splint, good luck, and pray the fort doesn't turn batshit insane. More.

Ninja'd: The fort shall now be known as a Mystical Shit Typhoon.
Wiki-ninja'd by Reudh, apparently.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:39:30 am by Lolfail0009 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: March 10, 2013, 02:40:49 am »

I think that I may put that as the descriptor for this whole warped setting we've developed. Mystical Shit Typhoon.

It also makes me laugh.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: March 10, 2013, 04:06:35 am »

...... Welp I'm never going to be able to use Clusterfuck to describe anything ever again for the rest of my life it will be Mystical Shit Typhoons and everyone will wonder what the hell I'm on when I say it. Edit: Also is it wrong that I want
Ninja'd: The fort shall now be known as a Mystical Shit Typhoon.
that to go into the quotes section? It seems inherently quotable. At least to those who understand it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:08:39 am by zacen299 »
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: March 10, 2013, 04:16:42 am »

...I'm still punching myself over that. Yet I really want to edit the original to be Shit instead of Space.

Edit: Fuck. FUCK. FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK.
There go all my mods, as well as my copy of DF. Fuck.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:38:24 am by Lolfail0009 »

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: March 10, 2013, 06:06:03 am »

...I'm still punching myself over that. Yet I really want to edit the original to be Shit instead of Space.

Edit: Fuck. FUCK. FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK.
There go all my mods, as well as my copy of DF. Fuck.

What did you do?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: March 10, 2013, 06:12:07 am »

Fucked up, apparently.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: March 10, 2013, 06:49:54 am »

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: March 10, 2013, 12:13:00 pm »

Fucked up, apparently.

Not what I meant. More details.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: March 10, 2013, 12:43:12 pm »

Talvieno, if you're still lurking the thread while posting Vanya updates, I just read them all, start to curent in one sitting. I cannot tear myself away from the story. You've crafted an amazing piece and you  should be proud.

Also, while reading I had a minor thought during the battle of Division 48D. Saemin is 'burly and well muscled' and his 'yoga is dangerous'... so I thought "Oh, well... Maybe Saemin Lo is one-eighth Manamaid (Manaman?)"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: March 10, 2013, 02:55:04 pm »

Dang, the Lord Reudh page came out quite nicely. I am now awake and intend to get another update out today, both for here, and CraftedDreams (I think Mr Frog slipped an Easter egg in there for us in his last update there; see if you can find it.)
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 815