Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253562 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #2280 on: July 01, 2012, 10:08:36 pm »

I have 22 soldiers, one who can't use a shield, against an undetermined number of modbolds as soon as I break 80 people. The males are named after various forumites, as I only know of two female ones.

I also did some creative stuff for my own ammusment

Hoardguards - Pikemen
Executioners - Axemen with great axes
Maulers - If you ask about thier weapon you're a moron
Enforcers - Morningstar armed macemen
Swordrunt/Swordgirl - mainlin infantry armed with iron swords, as humies can't make steel
Guardsmen - Spearmen
Marksmen - Crossbows
Sniper - elite of the above
Town Watch - Bronze armored soliders tasked with law enforcment. Armed with silver flails.

And that's a creepy coincidence. I mean granted Girlinhat's been churning out masterwork wood shields, but come on! He had a sword, he bit off a grasshopper man's leg and then bludgeoned him to death with a cedar shield! Wtf DF Hans!?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: July 01, 2012, 10:09:27 pm »

I have 22 soldiers, one who can't use a shield, against an undetermined number of modbolds as soon as I break 80 people. The males are named after various forumites, as I only know of two female ones.

I also did some creative stuff for my own ammusment

Hoardguards - Pikemen
Executioners - Axemen with great axes
Maulers - If you ask about thier weapon you're a moron
Enforcers - Morningstar armed macemen
Swordrunt/Swordgirl - mainlin infantry armed with iron swords, as humies can't make steel
Guardsmen - Spearmen
Marksmen - Crossbows
Sniper - elite of the above
Town Watch - Bronze armored soliders tasked with law enforcment. Armed with silver flails.

And that's a creepy coincidence. I mean granted Girlinhat's been churning out masterwork wood shields, but come on! He had a sword, he bit off a grasshopper man's leg and then bludgeoned him to death with a cedar shield! Wtf DF Hans!?

You still get ambushes and thieves scouts. Remember that.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: July 01, 2012, 10:12:17 pm »

Im at open war with them and nothing. Not a single modbold. Not even thieves/scouts.
 Just two goblins and some dead elves.

Then again tripple thick stone walls and a pit filled with half starved attack dogs as the front door isn't exactly pleasent to imagine fighting when you're samaller than a dog.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: July 01, 2012, 10:33:44 pm »

But when you come in a swarm outnumbering the stars slavering for blood, no mere 'defense' has any impact on your tactics. I know, I've played as Tyranids with the rule Without Number on my gaunts. I was like, "Devastators? Eh, maybe they'll take the whole wave before I get them all. Probably not though. And if they do, I've got another wave heading at them already. They're boned. Whoa, assault squad is helping them now? Reroute the other two swarms. We will bury them."

And Dorf Hans is channelling me. I can feel his fury, at the back of my mind. IT IS A GOOD PAIN!!! Ahem. [/warhammer references]
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: July 01, 2012, 10:40:46 pm »

Well I wish you'd lost the use of a hand and not Hugo. He actually uses his sword...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: July 01, 2012, 11:15:22 pm »

Well I wish you'd lost the use of a hand and not Hugo. He actually uses his sword...

Is it an all-stars fort?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: July 01, 2012, 11:21:04 pm »

Just whoever's abvailable. But food is stable, drink is stable, weapons and armor in abundance along with iron and coal seams.... So were... As ready as we can be  I guess.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: July 01, 2012, 11:38:07 pm »

What's my humie (if any) doing?

Probably On Break if he's anything like his namesake.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: July 01, 2012, 11:39:24 pm »

Which, this being Dwarf Human Fortress, means that everything will go to shit at the first sign of an attack because a butterfly died in your gate, jamming it open, and also no one will pull the mother****ing lever because they're all drinking, sleeping, on break, or hauling vermin corpses for their cats while your military is picking up equipment.
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: July 01, 2012, 11:43:46 pm »

Actually, Mr Frog the human settlement member, is Head Warsmith. He's personally forged every weapon in the fortress made of iron. Every peice of armor and every flask too.

And actually, the army is training, fully geared and full time save Hugo, who's getting his shield hand looked at. The fortress proper comprises 6 variable size towers, triple thick walls, and drawbridge. Four barracks, each with two squads each in them, are facing the entrance ina  made made dip in the ground, said dip filled with attack dogs. Overall the settlement seems more like a fallout shelter once inside the walls.

Every soldier is armed, armored, skilled, and ready to kill. Every citizen has a room with hest, door and cabinet. We have a sealed in mill and a safe watersource. The mayor has a personal tower above the farm with gold furnishings.

The home caravan left whith a huge profit, and Hans killed several tribes of grasshopper men by himself. With his sheidl despite cleary having his longsword.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: July 01, 2012, 11:45:08 pm »

Spoiler: Oooh Spliiiiiint! (click to show/hide)

Just felt like showing everyone your secret love for Girlinhat. Since your trying to hide it from the fort.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: July 01, 2012, 11:46:14 pm »

This game hates me in that regard.....

Same. Fucking. Thing. In my human settlement.

I am afraid for my life.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: July 01, 2012, 11:48:31 pm »

The home caravan left whith a huge profit, and Hans killed several tribes of grasshopper men by himself. With his sheidl despite cleary having his longsword.

Hehehe...
Also, I want your save. >.>
<.<
Please?

Also, awwwwwwwwww... Don't be afraid, she can't kill you over the Internet. Yet.
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: July 01, 2012, 11:49:56 pm »

If she sees that and a way becomes available, she may out of spite.

And tribes... More like beating three grasshopper men to death. I can hand it off if you'd like after I have him kill some more and Hugo is back on his feet.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: July 01, 2012, 11:52:45 pm »

She does seem somewhat spiteful. [/death wish]
And whatever is good for you, I just would like to see it. :) Sounds awesome.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 815