Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2228222 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9870 on: February 09, 2014, 06:14:58 am »

I love the idea for a radio show. But, I still need to finish the Vanya stuff... I guess motivation is the current problem. :\
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9871 on: February 09, 2014, 07:51:00 am »

Am I really the ONLY ONE LEFT??
Spoiler: Still off-topic (click to show/hide)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: February 09, 2014, 11:45:49 am »

I got help for mine thank you very much. Didn't help on the motivation front but at least I'm nowhere near as much of downer as I once was.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: February 10, 2014, 08:38:53 pm »

Well, that took longer than expected. Sorry about that, I have no excuse.

I ended up splitting the image into an general overview-sorta shot, the left side, and the right side. It was the best solution I could come up with, due to my limited editing power at the moment.

Overview-Sorta:(WHY IS IT UPSIDE DOWN!!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Left Side:

Right Side:(...Why is this side bigger than the left? The pics are the same size on my Ipad...huh.)

I drew this from the POV of one of those Surveillance Cameras Mr Frog holds dear, so it isn't a view of his whole room... but it's a start. 
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: February 10, 2014, 08:57:47 pm »

That is awe-inspiring.

I think I am going to destroy the image I made today now...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: February 10, 2014, 09:02:29 pm »

That is awe-inspiring.

I think I am going to destroy the image I made today now...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! STOP RIGHT THERE!

Wait a few days, then take another look. If you still hate it THEN, throw it out, if you wish.

Remember, you are your own worse critic (and if I hadn't followed my own advice, that piece would have been thrown in my scraps. Close one).

Edit: Does Fischer have a growl? He/She/It's been protrayed in so many ways that I'm not sure how one would decide to voice Fischer.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:55:44 am by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: February 11, 2014, 12:32:10 pm »

There aren't nearly enough mugs in that picture. I only counted three. :P
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: February 11, 2014, 04:05:14 pm »

In comparison to those images it is trash.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: February 11, 2014, 05:36:14 pm »

In comparison to those images it is trash.
If you're thinking of throwing something away, do it in such a way that you can learn from it. I would just sit there and coat it in graphite 'til it looks better. (translation: draw until you like it or it's so messed up you can't hold it without getting covered in black powder and eraser gunk.)
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: February 11, 2014, 05:43:33 pm »

Okay, it took a bit of experimenting to prevent bizarre bugs, but I currently have, in my arena, a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through 0:)benevolent faerie magicks0:). He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die. In the event that something happens to put him out of his misery, the Endless Witch (Umineko reference) Giantess I have in the arena simply resurrects him.

I deem this project a success. Now to attach the interaction to a region effect and do some Dwarf Mode testing.

E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration :)  Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

E: Unfortunately, it appears that butchered skin is resurrectable, which results in quite a bit of weirdness.

E: Okay, so it turns out most of the weirdness only happens in Arena Mode for some reason. Took a bit for the dwarves to haul the resurrected corpse to the hospital to be stitched up, but it happened eventually. Now I'm watching to see what happens when a dwarf dies of dehydration and is subsequently resurrected.

(Not sure why I'm posting all of this in this thread, come to think of it...)

Did anything ever come of this? It certainly makes good biomes a bit more interesting, and I'd love to take a look under the hood.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: February 11, 2014, 06:16:20 pm »

What are the results of Fortress Mode testing?
GENERATION 32:

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: February 11, 2014, 07:37:12 pm »

What are the results of Fortress Mode testing?

Fairly-buggy. Resurrected animals would drop off the Animals list for a while (rendering them unable to be butchered), and when they came back they'd be listed as Not Tame even though they actually were. Also, resurrected dwarves are incapable of being selected for noble positions.

And then there's the small issue that it actually crashed after a bit. Not sure if it actually had anything to do with the resurrection effect but I'm willing to wager that it did.

E: Good job on the artwork, by the way. I'm impressed at the detail and perspective.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:38:48 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: February 13, 2014, 02:54:26 pm »

Speaking of the artwork I composited the left and right sides together, see results below. TalonisWolf, you did a fantastic job. I like the frog moss specimen on the wall.

Full size.

Edit: I just noticed my composite is a little askew, I'll try to fix it later.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:56:14 pm by Cynm »
"In case of stairs, use fire"

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: February 13, 2014, 04:19:32 pm »

@Starweaver396:

But how many are in the cabinet? Huh? Did you think of that?  ;D

@Mr Frog: What could cause that sort of bug?

And Thank You for the compliment- boosts my overinflated ego.  8)

@Cynm: So much better! Thank you Cynm.
GENERATION 32:

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: February 13, 2014, 05:18:05 pm »

@Starweaver396:

But how many are in the cabinet? Huh? Did you think of that?  ;D

Concur. This is Mr Frog's room. There is literally no reason that cabinet wouldn't be bigger on the inside.

@Mr Frog: What could cause that sort of bug?

Probably the fact that Toady never really intended for resurrections to happen in Fortress Mode and so put in minimal handling for such an occurrence. I was shocked that it worked at all (although it did crash eventually a bit after a troll got in and tenderised some animals -- my instinct is that someone's pet was resurrected and the game didn't know how to reassign it properly).
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 815