Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2227400 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9855 on: February 04, 2014, 09:53:40 pm »

After spending some time in Audacity, I have determined that I cannot make my voice sound convincingly female.

However, I have recorded my voice which is slowly being uploaded to Dropbox, so I'll get the link in this post if anyone cares to here me repeat the deathlist in an apathetic tone.

Edit: Here it is.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:05:21 pm by Lolfail0009 »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9856 on: February 05, 2014, 12:17:53 am »

Huh. Didn't realise that Lolf was Aussie/Kiwi/British/Martian/whatever the hell accent that is, I am stunningly bad at identifying such.

There's this odd sort of ringing in the background when you speak... Imma assume that's an artifact of the microphone and that you aren't actually some kind of android.

I might also upload my voice again, because it's probably changed a bit in the ~1 year since I last gave a sample.

I'm bad at describing voices, but I can sort of picture you voicing a smug character. No specific reason I can name, just instinct.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: February 05, 2014, 12:38:50 am »

Yes, I am Australian. Any governmental assassinations are welcomed.

As for me voicing a smug character... Spot on choice there :P Smugness I can do about as well as breathing.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: February 05, 2014, 12:47:07 am »

I dunno why but hearing the dead players list read out loud cracked me up.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: February 05, 2014, 04:42:15 am »

Two up-to-date (as of this post) Mr Frog noises have been uploaded. Here is me reading the kill list in a more-or-less neutral tone and here is me in-character as Mr Frog delivering his now-probably-infamous mug rant.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: February 05, 2014, 05:21:56 am »

Two up-to-date (as of this post) Mr Frog noises have been uploaded. Here is me reading the kill list in a more-or-less neutral tone and here is me in-character as Mr Frog delivering his now-probably-infamous mug rant.

Dude, you have vocal cords that a dragon would be proud of O.O

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9861 on: February 05, 2014, 08:03:03 am »

Heh, Lolfail pronounces "Aseaheru" with a japanese twang to it, but the rest of it sounds like a... WA accent?

As to Mr Frog's stuff, it made me laugh. Good on ya, man.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: February 05, 2014, 08:08:54 am »

Heh, Lolfail pronounces "Aseaheru" with a japanese twang to it, but the rest of it sounds like a... WA accent?

I pronounce things VERY weirdly, but other than that... Melbourne, born and bred :)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: February 05, 2014, 08:38:50 am »

Hah, same here.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9864 on: February 05, 2014, 03:15:59 pm »

Okay, we now have something resembling a cast. Since nobody's volunteered for scriptwriting duties, I guess I'm going to have to do it myself. I will get at least one goddamn skit produced by the end of the month if it friggin' kills me.

It'll probably be something silly, seeing as how these are sidestories with established characters and I don't wanna fuck up the canon too much. Anyone have any ideas on how recording should be carried out?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9865 on: February 05, 2014, 05:30:04 pm »

Could always just wing it. Of course the way I used to do it would be to record my lines and send them to the guy I made videos with  via skype and he'd tell me what needed correcting.

Also the mug rant shouldn't be listened to while eating. I almost choked on a burger due to laughter.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: February 05, 2014, 05:58:01 pm »

Could always just wing it. Of course the way I used to do it would be to record my lines and send them to the guy I made videos with  via skype and he'd tell me what needed correcting.

That may work, and I think that's what I'll have us try to begin with, although I'm worried that it'll end up sounding disjointed if we don't record the lines all together as part of a coherent scene (although I'm not sure how that could be done).

Current skit idea: Takes place during one of Splint's terms as Overseer. Bombzero casually comments to Splint that she completed her quota of butchered corpses, which he doesn't remember setting. Splint, being a paranoid nut, assumes that this means someone has been forging work orders (as opposed to Bombzero simply being delusional) and runs around the fortress interrogating everyone, neglecting his actual duties in the process and causing the fortress to fall into unmanaged chaos.

(Note: I came up with the above idea under the impression that Splint was the fortress manager. About 1 minute ago I found out I was mistaken, so it's even more questionable than usual whether this idea would work.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:00:43 pm by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: February 05, 2014, 06:19:06 pm »

Pretty sure I was either manager or bookkeeper for a long time though.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: February 05, 2014, 06:19:49 pm »

Current skit idea: Takes place during one of Splint's terms as Overseer. Bombzero casually comments to Splint that she completed her quota of butchered corpses, which he doesn't remember setting. Splint, being a paranoid nut, assumes that this means someone has been forging work orders (as opposed to Bombzero simply being delusional) and runs around the fortress interrogating everyone, neglecting his actual duties in the process and causing the fortress to fall into unmanaged chaos.

This sounds like it would have actually happened. Splint, in his paranoia, is so busy interrogating anyone with authority that he forgets to relieve the stonecrafters, who keep working to produce mug upon mugs upon mugs.

E: Ninja'd

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: February 07, 2014, 03:21:40 pm »

It occurs to me that I'm already working on Thol's journals for this thread... I think I'll focus my efforts on that for a time. I might get around to writing a script afterwards, but nobody seems really interested so meh.

Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 815