Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2227418 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9840 on: February 03, 2014, 05:01:39 pm »

The blood plains are actually pretty lively with a great deal of small mammals and raven flocks. Dunno what area Thol went into :P

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9841 on: February 03, 2014, 05:50:10 pm »

It's not really a normal area, even for the bloodplains. I just couldn't figure out any way for him to point out that it wasn't normal, as it was his first time there, so he'd assume the rest of the plains were like it. In my defense, he does state that only the stretch between the village and the volcano was giving him the creeps, though he assumes that he just hadn't noticed before.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: February 03, 2014, 08:38:51 pm »

1. Cavy warriors are a joke related to when Talvi said that the fortress would be saved from the timewar by cavy warriors, or some such nonsense. lol  They don't actually gen with worldgen.

How exactly did you manage that? I never put them in my folder, but as far as I know, they should appear if you just dump the files in without paying attention.

And nice additions to both Thol and the Creator's stories. Although I'm a bit confused about when they(Lolfail's guys) were bitten by a hydra.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: February 03, 2014, 08:50:59 pm »

There's some kind of demented spirit realm that Lefton is able to tap into. May be referring to an incident with some kind of void critter in there. Otherwise I'm just as confused as you.

As to the Cavy Warriors, they won't spawn if the [ENTITY_x] stuff isn't bracketed.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: February 03, 2014, 09:20:18 pm »

Although I'm a bit confused about when they(Lolfail's guys) were bitten by a hydra.

At the end of the previous entry, when they were nearly Double sushi'd, the pain in their stomachs was Adynato grabbing them (with her mouth...s) and pulling them into the Entropy Tunnel.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: February 03, 2014, 10:21:37 pm »

As to the Cavy Warriors, they won't spawn if the [ENTITY_x] stuff isn't bracketed.
[ENTITY:CAVY]  That one? I must have added it out of habit and promptly forgot. Oh well.

At the end of the previous entry, when they were nearly Double sushi'd, the pain in their stomachs was Adynato grabbing them (with her mouth...s) and pulling them into the Entropy Tunnel.
Sounds like she's going to be fun to put in with the new duel wielding mechanic. Is she three separate creatures or one?
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: February 03, 2014, 10:33:59 pm »

Sounds like she's going to be fun to put in with the new duel wielding mechanic. Is she three separate creatures or one?

Both; she/they can shift between humanoid and hydral forms at will (a property of the hydra, not the girls) but technically they are all separate, so it could be four separate creatures...

One AND three AND four separate creatures, depending on frame of reference.

Also, I already have plans for modding in ALL the various characters from the Creator's storyline (except for the Aspects themselves) so I certainly hope it'll be fun :P
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:35:34 pm by Lolfail0009 »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: February 04, 2014, 04:59:31 am »

Incidentally, a loooooong time ago we sorta-but-not-really made plans to do some voiced skits or something once Spearbreakers concluded. Spearbreakers has now concluded. Does anyone besides me feel like making an idiot of themselves on the Internet? (I, of course, am ALWAYS eager to do so, as it is literally my greatest talent.)

How exactly did you manage that? I never put them in my folder, but as far as I know, they should appear if you just dump the files in without paying attention.

[DOES_NOT_EXIST], I believe. Dwarves and such may still have them in their preferences and they might appear in artwork and whatnot but they will not appear anywhere in-game. Sort of like how we have books and such about fairies even though they to my knowledge do not even slightly exist.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 05:09:49 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: February 04, 2014, 05:20:57 am »

Incidentally, a loooooong time ago we sorta-but-not-really made plans to do some voiced skits or something once Spearbreakers concluded. Spearbreakers has now concluded. Does anyone besides me feel like making an idiot of themselves on the Internet? (I, of course, am ALWAYS eager to do so, as it is literally my greatest talent.)

Sure, what the hey. Got a month before Uni starts.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: February 04, 2014, 01:08:12 pm »

[DOES_NOT_EXIST], I believe. Dwarves and such may still have them in their preferences and they might appear in artwork and whatnot but they will not appear anywhere in-game. Sort of like how we have books and such about fairies even though they to my knowledge do not even slightly exist.
They didn't have that particular tag(though I added it to see what would happen). When I genned a new world with the cavies in it, no cavys appeared, but I did get this
Impoverished Word Selector
in the error log. What the hell?

Also, I can't do voices. I liked the idea though, and wondered what happened to it.

By the way, almost every secret bearer in this world is a scythod, and that seems to be true in every world I've generated with the mod in it. Its scary out there.

E: Wait, are cavy warriors evil?
   [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:GOOD]
   [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:DARK_FORTRESS]
   [ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:18:41 pm by Starweaver396 »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: February 04, 2014, 02:31:06 pm »

Not sure what Talvi could have done to make an entire entity be in the raws but not spawn... Maybe they have no biome set?

I have no idea what Impoverished Word Selector means, but I'd assume it's when the SELECT_SYMBOL and CULL_SYMBOL tags interact badly and the game isn't left with any usable words in a specific category its trying to use.

E: Re: Voiced things:

Since I doubt anyone here really has the patience or time to do a full re-enactment of the story of Spearbreakers, I suggest that we just do a bunch of short one-offs if anything at all.

My first thought is casting. Who plays which character? (Note: As we don't have any ladies here that I know of, we're probably going to have to bite the bullet and have Vanya et al be voiced by men.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 05:36:36 pm by Mr Frog »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: February 04, 2014, 05:51:35 pm »

With enough time in Audacity, I could probably get a decent female voice going. Unless, of course, there is a girl lurking on this thread.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: February 04, 2014, 05:54:25 pm »

Dunno how good my mic would be but if fed some lines I will be happy to provide something voiced.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: February 04, 2014, 06:02:46 pm »

Good luck, voicees!

I haven't found a scanner yet... so tomorrow I'm going to suck it up and use the best picture I can get.

But I really wish I could have found a scanner...   :-\

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: February 04, 2014, 06:12:09 pm »

With enough time in Audacity, I could probably get a decent female voice going. Unless, of course, there is a girl lurking on this thread.

I'm personally open to that idea, but I'd rather hear a sample first. If it sounds too fake it'll probably be better to just give Vanya and Talvi straight-up male voices rather than an annoying synthesised mess. (I've heard guys try to modify their voices to voice Touhous, and it is not pretty.)

I recall Splint having a high, clear, somewhat chirpy voice. Mine is, to quote Talvi's description, deep and a bit gritty. I don't think I've heard Lolfail.

Dunno how good my mic would be but if fed some lines I will be happy to provide something voiced.

I doubt any of us here has anything remotely-resembling professional-quality recording software :p  We can still probably do a decent job of this if we get everything else right.

Two things now: Who does the writing, and how will recording be carried out? It'd be easiest for everyone to record their lines completely-seperately, but that runs the risk of everything not gelling together well. Voice chat of some sort would probably be the best way for us to give feedback to each other's performances, assuming that's an option.

E: I volunteer for the role of Fischer, doing the growliest bass I can muster and using Audacity to lower the pitch even further.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 07:32:19 pm by Mr Frog »

Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 815