Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253900 times)

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9465 on: November 03, 2013, 06:41:56 pm »

*nods*

dwarven shotgun time...a pointless but maybe usefull epic weaponization of a minecart that i cant possibly do....

*nods*

someone do it!

For SPEARBREAKERS!!!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9466 on: November 03, 2013, 08:03:17 pm »

Check the vids for them, they are decently not useless.
And I chose the wrong dependently, dident I?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: November 03, 2013, 10:40:53 pm »

Did you mean definitely?
"In case of stairs, use fire"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: November 04, 2013, 06:49:23 am »

I think yes. google chrome is up to its old tricks.
Highly Opinionated Fool

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: November 04, 2013, 09:46:46 am »

Damn these pages have been interesting. Seriously if there was anything in the world that makes me want to replace my current computer is probably Spearbreakers admittedly this one right now is kinda crap and really I do need to just re-read this whole thread and actually read the stories this time. Then just maybe, just maybe I can actually take a turn in SBII and write some stuff. Dammit now saying that makes me really want to get off my ass and start organizing......
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: November 04, 2013, 10:48:15 am »

aye me to...my com is several years old, can still play dwarf fortress okay...just havent run into the fps problems...that and im still at the damn trade school untill april or may...so dont expcet me to be able to play SB2 untill then.
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: November 04, 2013, 02:31:54 pm »

Testing with banshees has been interrupted on account of me still not being able to get my military to train with any degree of efficiency, resulting in my entire test fortress of 70 dwarves being wiped out by 6 goblin lashers.

In happy news, I'm apparently not "too good at this game"! Yay!
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: November 04, 2013, 02:39:24 pm »

I still need to get around to testing those...

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: November 04, 2013, 02:55:49 pm »

@Mr Frog:

Testing with banshees has been interrupted on account of me still not being able to get my military to train with any degree of efficiency, resulting in my entire test fortress of 70 dwarves being wiped out by 6 goblin lashers.

In happy news, I'm apparently not "too good at this game"! Yay!

too good at this game

How do you measure how good you are in a game in which success is determined by how much !!FUN!! one has??

...and why are all my posts recently directed towards Mr Frog?

WAIT...

@Splint:

[/size]
A mug-based artillery system is indeed possible thanks to DF Hack.

YES! You, sir, have made my day. But is it going to be in SBII? DF Hack scripts can be a pain, apparently... especially when trying to mod in to general gameplay...

EDIT: The " /s i z e "thing didn't show up on preview, and it doesn't appear when I try to edit? Okay then...

???

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:59:19 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: November 04, 2013, 03:01:00 pm »

Actually there's already a script that permits specific items to be loaded and fired. Including mugs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: November 04, 2013, 04:32:39 pm »

@Talonis:

Answer to question 1: I'm a fairly-meticulous person by nature, and most ‼FUN‼ in DF comes about as a direct consequence of inattentive management and/or poor planning, which I by my very nature tend not to commit (aside from certain instances in which I underestimate the amount of soldiers needed to ward off a fort*). Thus, my concern that I'm "too good at this game".

Answer to question 2: No idea.

*I tend to favour mechanics over military for fort defense (i.e. flooding traps, magma traps, spike pits), so I blame this failure on not having really built up a concept of how many dwarves are needed to ward off a gobbo attack, as I typically never engage enemies directly.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: November 04, 2013, 05:12:34 pm »

Small numbers of elite assault troops (6 elgendary melee dwarves can go a very long way, even against groups of enemy archers) or a large to moderate number of "meh" level soldiers backed by a contingent of marksmen can do the job. The latter of course can expect numerous dead and wounded.

Then of course there's the full on badass army route which Spearbreakers took. A large number (in this case 40,) of walking blenders of all things flesh and bone that can clear a combined spawn and zombie siege in less than an in-game month.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: November 04, 2013, 05:16:24 pm »

Well, I think we should sorta do a mix of the last two for his next one. And dident we sorta do that in spearbreakers?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: November 04, 2013, 05:41:40 pm »

No [the Spearbreakers Two raws] aren't finalized but what's finished is available on DFFD.

Errr, where on DFFD? I can't find them.
"In case of stairs, use fire"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: November 04, 2013, 05:52:52 pm »

Should be able to find them if you look for anything Talvieno posted.
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 815