Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2254353 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7935 on: March 10, 2013, 04:29:27 pm »

Dang, the Lord Reudh page came out quite nicely. I am now awake and intend to get another update out today, both for here, and CraftedDreams (I think Mr Frog slipped an Easter egg in there for us in his last update there; see if you can find it.)

Heehee, I'm glad someone noticed it. I don't usually like slipping references into my writing, which is funny because I'm pretty sure my final update included allusions to at least four other things I like (including this).

E: The post in question if anyone's up for an egg hunt.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:32:14 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: March 10, 2013, 06:45:07 pm »

Very nice, Reudh.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: March 10, 2013, 07:28:27 pm »

Ok, after performing ALL the optimisation on my rinky-dink little laptop, I think I might be able to...
TAKE A TURN.

So please sign me up, and I'll keep this little engine that could afloat :D

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: March 10, 2013, 08:51:40 pm »

Alrighty. And just a heads up, turning off temperature doesn't do much for performance. There's not really much reason to turn it off except maybe stability.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: March 10, 2013, 09:41:48 pm »

Temperature doesn't fix anything anyway.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: March 10, 2013, 09:46:17 pm »

It's less of a load to account for, but it still didn't help very much. Anyone wanna be the Fortress' caravan tithe collector? I just feel like assigning a tax collector for shits and giggles.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: March 10, 2013, 09:50:43 pm »

I already collect taxes.

...Souls count, right?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: March 10, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »

They do not. Excpt for demonic sacrifices, but these demons are known to be a little lackluster when summoned.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: March 10, 2013, 09:57:58 pm »

In that case, not me then. >.>

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: March 12, 2013, 08:42:18 am »

[Sorry for the delays. I got lazy, but here it is as promised. Next Update: Dauros' solo op into the depths.]

13th Slate, 210

Working on the paperwork has been taking longer than we thought it would. No matter. I have decided, in preparation for the invasion, to have a segment of road removed and replaced with a bridge. I think a steel one will be nice.

14th Slate, 210

I've ordered all of our crafting shops on the top floor of the fortress to begin cranking out bone bolts. The invasion begins soon. The spirit calls, and tells me our salvation lies below, a means to save our friends. But we must evict the current residents.

AussieEvil reported another vein of gold was struck. I wonder if we could purchase the capital's favor with enough masterpiece gold coinage.... And iron. And more gold.

17th Slate, 210

We're making progress. Not quite done but it's getting there. Maybe we'll be finished with this garbage and be done by the end of the month so we can button up and take what is ours below.

I've visited Mr Frog and noticed while he's got a good set-up, I figured he could use a bigger space. We had a hollowed out area that, with some tender care, a few vents installed for air, and of course furnishings, would make a very serviceable lab so he can get more done at once. He didn't file a request or anything, I just think he could use the extra space; his room's become quite cluttered with old and broken items he refuses to get rid of. Some nonsense about make use of the scraps that work in them.

18th Slate, 210

More bolts come out daily. Come summer, we will have what we need, I know it.

The levers for Dauros' journey into the caverns are in place, we need only the gates to keep other terrors at bay. Mr Frog tells me Ebra has moved away from there, but Kob is a valid target, who lurks where his extra eyes cannot see.

19th Slate, 210

Ah, how I do so love the sound of cleaver meeting skull. But if I get another report of fucking sloth bears giving birth I'm having them killed and made into ammo too.

The liaison says while many a fortress lives on the products of its herds, be they herds of cattle or cats, what we're doing seems so.... Off for dwarves, mowing down livestock indiscriminately without the thought of keeping breeding stock. Personally I see it as paying homage to a departed friend. Dicer's been declared a hammerlord as well. Good for her... Him... Whatever. I'll have to ask about that so I cans end a congratulatory barrel of booze to the new lord of the hammer.

I'll be he ran out of ammo during a training session.

I've put out a blanet order upon seeing reports in ym inbox of more gods damned animals being born: Kill them all, spare only those held dear to the dwarves, the two species of emu, and the dogs.

Also I'm going to politely ask Corai to never touch a mechanism again. He's too slow. I wonder if there's a better word for "Clumsy, sober-brained fool" for bad mechanics. And for that matter, i wonder if sloth bear skulls will make good mugs...

20th Slate, 210

Bin production resumes. Piles of shit are beginning to make themselves known again and we have the wood.

22nd Slate, 210

Dauros tells me he is ready. He will do the fortress proud. I've ordered him not to take unnecessary risks. The liaison doesn't know what Ebra and Kob are composed of, and having Dauros slay two of the great horrors on his first official action as Champion would bring a little favor to us. Plus Dauros will be among those few who've slain such eldritch monsters and if he manages to fell any others then that will just be the gravy on the cake.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: March 12, 2013, 03:34:31 pm »

Talvieno, if you're still lurking the thread while posting Vanya updates, I just read them all, start to curent in one sitting. I cannot tear myself away from the story. You've crafted an amazing piece and you  should be proud.

Also, while reading I had a minor thought during the battle of Division 48D. Saemin is 'burly and well muscled' and his 'yoga is dangerous'... so I thought "Oh, well... Maybe Saemin Lo is one-eighth Manamaid (Manaman?)"
I don't think I've been here for a week or two, actually. I'm here now, though. Things got hectic in real life for a bit, but on the plus side, I'm getting a little closer to my goals. (Moreover, I've been sick. That kind of discourages getting on and doing much, I think... But now it just sounds like I'm making excuses - which I might be.)

Thanks for the compliments, and the reread! ^.^ It means a lot, and I appreciate the encouragement. I put the story aside for a while to give myself time to think up a way past writer's block, and I think I have most of everything planned out now. The only thing left is getting it down, which I should (hopefully) be able to motivate myself to do in my spare time.

I actually didn't think about it... Saemin as a manamaid is hilarious. It almost makes a sort of bizarre sense, and would explain why he and Katie seem to be particularly attracted to each other, if they're both genetic experiments. It wasn't actually what I was going for, but hey - it's funny.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: March 12, 2013, 03:45:08 pm »

Oh hey! Talvieno lives! I maked updates.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: March 12, 2013, 03:53:55 pm »

Yeah, I see! lol   Pretty good updates, too, besides pictures. I'll need to get the links up in the second post soon. The fort is progressing nicely, it seems... Wish we could fix Fischer, though.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: March 12, 2013, 03:59:22 pm »

I do have a temporary solution that lets her do shit, but I have to run it after every single action; Whatever that FB blasted her with makes her permanently drowsy.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: March 12, 2013, 04:02:44 pm »

It's a pity Spawn don't get tired... We could've weaponized that.
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 815