Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2258599 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7500 on: February 02, 2013, 01:38:38 pm »

I dunno I have a pretty large limit to what I consider I do not want to know. I think there is only one place on the internet I actively avoid and that is /b/ and that's more due to the community than anything else.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: February 02, 2013, 01:40:46 pm »

If you want the first update I'll send it to you. If you want to stomach more after that, I'll send those too.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: February 02, 2013, 03:01:56 pm »

Do it my curiosity is far to large not to want to see it now.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: February 02, 2013, 03:12:10 pm »

Do it my curiosity is far to large not to want to see it now.
Send it to me too if you want.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: February 02, 2013, 08:17:18 pm »

I don't disrespect people for their interests (says the guy listening to Oracion on repeat). Send me the updates... unless it should stay in the grimdark for various R34 reasons.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: February 03, 2013, 12:40:53 am »

Hey guys, I'm probably not coming back for awhile if my record holds, but that you guys shouldn't worry. eventially I will come back. until then, however, I'm giving anyone permission to use my character under one rule: his sneaking is not magic. it is a talent. I had a pretty sweet plan, but I guess that'll have to wait. I can hardly wait until I get interested in this again.

It feels weird saying that. ahem... typing that.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: February 03, 2013, 02:21:13 am »

No problem Terrahex.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: February 03, 2013, 04:01:39 am »

Right, as I've become bogged down in some drawing projects it'll probably be one more day before i get another update done. Kinda got behind because my stupid body needed to sleep.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: February 03, 2013, 01:30:26 pm »

[Update time children! Gather round for more pointless ramblings!]

8th Granite, 210

So No-Hair took a look around and somehow, I'm not sure, we have a small breach we can roam around in the caverns, blocked by trees. This explains how we haven't been eaten by that elephant-descended monstrosity of a sea-food platter. We need to eliminate that one in particular at range.... I wonder if there's a way we can use the various abominations for The Great Operation?

.... No, that's a stupid idea....

10th Granite, 210

I've been poking around the foort and found what I thought was remains of a recent fight. Turns out it was just some skeletal dog remains and Leftover silk from that thing Lomoth. I was about ready to have a heart attack if that thing was roaming around the fortress.

11th Granite, 210

Loud Whispers has been churning out...... Something. I have no clue what the hell he's making, but I did receive seven masterwork creation notes.There's also some stupid bird harassing citizens out collecting enemy weapons laying out in the muck.... Which is strangely light as of late.

12th Granite, 210

hah! I had forgotten I had made preparations before! I must make adjustments as I have since devised a superior design, but! Hahaha! I'll have more of the animals culled and more munitions churned out.

For some reason there's an engraved firing corridor though.... Not really sure why Tomio and Reudh insisted on engraving everything in sight when it wasn't really needed, especially since the majority is crap about gloom trolls or the fortress founding.

Come on people, we have other things to engrave you know. How about when we killed the spawn's hive king? Or when Fischer killed that frog thing or the minotaurs? Seriously. There's more images of those stupid night haunters and the founding than the stuff dwarves would want to actually look at or read of. I do have to admit, an elf managing to kill a night hag is rather impressive though. I've also found Mr Frog seems to be the most prolific engraver of our citizenry.

Fitting. He showed me a tool he uses to create some of the more detailed things in his lab, a delightful little implement that burns and carves things where he puts a little red dot.

I've also selected Corai to replace myself as bookkeeper. I've sent Rose to inform him to pack his things and prepare for the move to his new accommodations. Evidently he's the only one with any real ability with accounting and such besides myself.

-For several pages you find naught but drawings of various quality, generally depicting dwarves killing barbarians, goblins and other such beasts.-

That was a spectacular waste of paper. Oh, and one of our full-time marksdwarves is in the hospital. He's being fed and watered regularly but apparently he can't walk on account of a broken foot.

[So yeah. I had forgotten all about my prior preparations So I just need to make some tweaks. Someone's pet cheetah was found dead from an altercation with the animals all pastured to serve as a distraction, not sure who owned it. Corai was appointed to Book keeping as literally the only dwarf besides mine with record keeper skill, and TheKaspa's room is awaiting furnishings.

This year will be quite productive indeed when ammo and walling materials are made.].

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: February 03, 2013, 02:24:36 pm »

I've been reworking the Vanya plot, and I came to a disturbing realization. Everything I've written has been working towards setting everything up for a massive, epic final battle... and it seems I never applied my notes to a timeline, which is something I really, really should've done...

If I'm careful, I can stretch her story out a little without making it seem too contrived or artificial, but the very latest I can stretch it out to (without it sounding retarded) is around Autumn of the next overseer's reign. :-\ I'd thought I could carry it out to whenever was necessary, but each event leads directly into the next, and there's no realistic way to put much space between them.

I seriously need input here... I don't want to be forced to abandon the whole story just because I didn't apply my notes to a timeline. X| I've put a lot of work into it, and I'd grown somewhat attached to the idea of actually being able to finish.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: February 03, 2013, 02:31:51 pm »

Well, what was the plan for this final battle? if it was meant to be a fight in Spearbreakers itself, then yeah, you may have a slight problem. Otherwise you can do what you feel you need to and just close it up all nice and neat.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: February 03, 2013, 02:41:46 pm »

Heh, the "slight" in "slight problem" is an understatement. I'll PM you the notes if you want them (and to anyone else who wants them). It's very, very spoilery  material, though, so be warned. Although... :\ I guess it doesn't matter how "spoilery" it is if I never write it. I'll post it here, if you'd rather I do that.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:46:50 pm by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: February 03, 2013, 02:46:50 pm »

Go ahead and send it. I may be able to patch holes here and there.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: February 03, 2013, 03:12:42 pm »

@Talvi:

So, what sort of problems does this create, exactly?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: February 03, 2013, 03:40:23 pm »

ehhh... the main issue: It'll be hard for me to realistically "choose" when to end the story (edit: I want to end it right after Spearbreakers falls). I can conceivably add in (insert number here) years of her sitting around doing nothing, but it won't make for very good reading, and will utterly destroy the believability. :-\

Splint, it's on its way. I've spent a couple days mulling over it, and I can't come to any quick conclusions, like I'm usually able to... You may have some fresh insight on it, though. (and if I'm lucky, it won't turn out to be as story-breaking as I feel.)

edit: I suppose this all comes from writing like I'm writing a novel, rather than writing like I'm roleplaying in a succession game. :( It's my own fault, really.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:55:52 pm by Talvieno »
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 815