Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2258499 times)

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7485 on: February 01, 2013, 05:20:00 pm »

Overall a fair update, I guess.  Of course, don't really good updates usually happen due to things going wrong?  After all, "nothing interesting happened" is quite boring, and if something happens in DF it's usually bad.

As I don't know if migrants will arrive before I can devote time to writing journal entries, I've decided to give a short summary of my new dwarf.
To start, SoulChopper just received news of his uncle Slicer's death.  Due to miscommunication of the Soul------ family no longer having a large debt, they believe Spearbreakers must be a place of boundless riches.  This led to SoulChopper deciding to move to here in hopes of acquiring a fortune of his own.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:01 pm »

You can start if you'd like. or wait until migrants come if you'd prefer to not be there yet story-wise.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: February 01, 2013, 06:32:45 pm »

Wow. You, Splint, are organised. Bravo.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: February 01, 2013, 07:07:48 pm »

What? How so?

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: February 01, 2013, 07:13:20 pm »

You can start if you'd like. or wait until migrants come if you'd prefer to not be there yet story-wise.

It's more getting around to typing it up that's the problem.  I have things I need to do, and typing up tales for my dwarf is not that high a priority. I just wanted to give you an idea of my new dwarf if you want/need to do something involving him before I do get the first journal entries done and posted.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: February 01, 2013, 07:16:26 pm »

Ah, ok. And no rush man, other shit's a far higher priority.

Like homework, shich i should do, but am currently playing a bit of a community for for another site.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: February 02, 2013, 11:39:55 am »

Vanya's next journal entry will be a little delayed. I was going to post it today, but I kept getting a nagging feeling that there was a plot hole somewhere. I spent a few hours searching and running through the entire Katie-Under-Attack plot, and as it turns out, I was right. And... it's a big one, though very hard to notice. I won't have to rewrite anything I've already posted, which is good, but the next few chapters of her journal need a major overhaul. I don't know if you guys would've noticed it or not (you probably would have), but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I left it in there.

Splint - community game for another site?

Great update, by the way... I think I'm all for traps at this point. We might last a day or two longer. I honestly think that something ingame has ramped the siege difficulty UpToEleven... Jack Magnus really shouldn't have died that first time. lol
    Are you planning on invading hell?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:41:51 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: February 02, 2013, 11:51:26 am »

If not invade lay the groundwork for it to commence.

And yes, a community game for another site. I can collect all of my updates so far and send them to you if you'd like, to spare the hassle of registering for a forum the likes of which I doubt you'd care for.

EDIT: Let's count shall we?

Killed several eldritch abominations, killed the.... I guess beacon of the spawn's hivemind in the field? and offed the nobility and I think god? of a human civ. Not sure how long they'll keep up their war with us though.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: February 02, 2013, 12:00:19 pm »

a forum the likes of which I doubt you'd care for
It's ponies, I just know it.

If not, I might care for it. If it is... Enh, probably fun to read anyway.

Spawn shouldn't decimate armies of adamantine-clad legendary +5 soldiers. lol   Something doesn't add up, unless the game really IS deliberately trying to screw us over, no matter how hard we try to keep things from going to hell. It just makes it all the more ironic that we actually are trying to go to hell.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: February 02, 2013, 12:24:25 pm »

/sigh Yes, it's ponies. Still interested in reading it? Honestly I have enough put together to probably post it here, but that'd seem to follow the leadery.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: February 02, 2013, 12:31:40 pm »

just give a link. let those who want to read it read it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: February 02, 2013, 12:35:54 pm »

Not really that simple. it's in the grimdark section of a board you need to register and acquire permission for access to. Plus there's other things there I'm not particularly proud to bring up in the presence of this fortress.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: February 02, 2013, 12:47:32 pm »

Not really that simple. it's in the grimdark section of a board you need to register and acquire permission for access to. Plus there's other things there I'm not particularly proud to bring up in the presence of this fortress.
Not safe for work/ I made it and I fucked up?
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: February 02, 2013, 12:52:41 pm »

It needs to stay buried and hidden away from you guys if I want to maintain any sort of respect; let's just drop that part ok? If you guys wanna read it, I'll gladly supply an update a day until I run out of updates, then send them to you as they come out.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: February 02, 2013, 12:57:25 pm »

Lol, sure. Go right ahead. I already did an extensive search for it and couldn't find much, so I wasn't surprised when you said
Not really that simple. it's in the grimdark section of a board you need to register and acquire permission for access to.
I won't ask about the other things... It's not that I'm not curious, it's more that I believe you when you say I don't want to know. lol
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 815