Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2228789 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - Prepping for reboot, now testing mods.
« Reply #12120 on: June 21, 2016, 03:28:03 pm »

Uh, they gave me an advice to ask it here, so... Is it possible to take part in Spearbreakers 2.0 for someone who's been through like a half of Talvieno's pdf a good while ago? This place has buttloads of lore. I kinda suck at fiction writing, but I'm more conserned about me being an ignorant outsider.

Like, would it be fine if I added my (probably humorous and more centered on day-to-day activities rather then being incredibly huge and epic) story ark? And could somebody provide a short summary of the Spearbreakers universe? There is a wiki I presume, but it must be huge too.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #12121 on: June 21, 2016, 04:30:02 pm »

Uh, they gave me an advice to ask it here, so... Is it possible to take part in Spearbreakers 2.0 for someone who's been through like a half of Talvieno's pdf a good while ago? This place has buttloads of lore. I kinda suck at fiction writing, but I'm more conserned about me being an ignorant outsider.

Like, would it be fine if I added my (probably humorous and more centered on day-to-day activities rather then being incredibly huge and epic) story ark? And could somebody provide a short summary of the Spearbreakers universe? There is a wiki I presume, but it must be huge too.

The only requirement for participating in SB2 is watching this informative video from start to finish.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12122 on: June 21, 2016, 04:32:25 pm »

is that fucking magus night with ronald mcdonald

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12123 on: June 21, 2016, 04:33:24 pm »

is that fucking magus night with ronald mcdonald

Yes.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12124 on: June 21, 2016, 06:04:56 pm »

Is it regular Magus Night or the swanky version from 13.5?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12125 on: June 21, 2016, 06:09:10 pm »

Is it regular Magus Night or the swanky version from 13.5?

I actually think it's a dBu arrange... yup, here it is.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12126 on: June 21, 2016, 06:46:14 pm »

Mod has been updated to 0.43.04. Well, there was nothing to do actually but check if things worked out right :P

Dropbox Link

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12127 on: June 21, 2016, 08:22:36 pm »

Downloading now. Happen to have a day off tomorrow, so I'll cobble together a world and an OP. I'll try to find a good one.

Given my plans, I recommend the establishment of a Crypt Guard unit to protect the catacombs from necromancers.

EDIT: I'm also going to maintain an OpenOffice document and a Google Doc, so this time we will have some continuity.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12128 on: June 21, 2016, 08:49:47 pm »

Downloading now. Happen to have a day off tomorrow, so I'll cobble together a world and an OP. I'll try to find a good one.

Given my plans, I recommend the establishment of a Crypt Guard unit to protect the catacombs from necromancers.
Rejoice !

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12129 on: June 21, 2016, 09:57:09 pm »

EDIT: I'm also going to maintain an OpenOffice document and a Google Doc, so this time we will have some continuity.

Rejoice!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12130 on: June 21, 2016, 10:13:37 pm »

So so, time for a summary of the tests !

1) "Natural Materials" will wear armors down ! Confirmed
>"Test Subject 2" is an humanoid made of steel with adamantine armblades
> Switching the material (iron then steel then adamantine) of armblades revealed that natural weapons do wear down armors

2) Velocity affects Armor Wear Confirmed
> Still using Test Subject 2 (Test Subject 1 is an Adamantine Blob)
> Making two Test Subject 2 fight.
-> Iron vs Steel at 1000 Velocity : 3 hits required to go to X state. Target died before armor destruction.
->Iron vs Steel at 2500 Velocity : 2 hits required to go to X state. 4 hits required to destroy armor.

3) More Tests on Material Effectiveness : Dwarf VS Dwarf
>Steel Battle Axe vs Iron Breastplate : 7 hits required to reach x state
>Steel War Hammer vs Iron Breastplate : 20 hits later, x state still not reached

>Silver Battle Axe vs Iron Breastplate : 20 hits later, x state still not reached
>Silver War Hammer vs Iron Breastplate : 20 hits later, x state still not reached

4) Weapon Wear : False
> threw 10 dwarves armed with Silver Hammers and Steel Axes on an ADamantine Blob
> Weapons are intact
> Dwarves are not

Repeated process with Grand Master Dodger/Shield User/Armor User to make Dwarves last longer
> Weapons are intact
> All Dwarves are broken again

5) Size of Armor affect Armor Wear False
> Giant-sized and Dwarf-sized armors wear at the same rate
Ahhh, !!SCIENCE!!.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12131 on: June 21, 2016, 10:21:42 pm »

Important note on weapon wear. I heard from other sources that weapon wear does occur. So I probably didn't test it long enough.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12132 on: June 21, 2016, 10:36:23 pm »

It's probably just that it takes so long that it won't happen in a single battle, but over many many battles.

In the meantime, I have some writing. For the sake of brevity and explaining certain spawn creatures (such as the re-named "Uberspawn" and the Degenerates - which were supposed to have legs dang it,) I'm going with Armok using an army of long-dead champions from across the ages to assail the underworld and destroy The Detective herself, as the underworld is the single constant across oh so very many holds.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's not the best prose or anything, but is perhaps the best shorthand I could do as well as advancing the story of what happened as breifly as possible, while also referencing other things important to the backstory.

This basically assumes that Joseph is indeed dead due to him being a touch too cocksure in his countermeasures and loyalty of his underlings, Holistic is dead (that is, Armok had empowered Fischer to essentially remove Holistic from existence himself because he thought it'd be more entertaining than just unmaking her with his big ol hammer,) and her hordes are now leaderless, Fischer is the patron saint/god of the dwarves (and I'll say Dauros can be considered a lesser deity of War and Fortresses and Vanya remembered as a hero by the dwarven people,) the Time war is over, and we're several centuries past Spearbreakers. The barbarians are also being retconned into an unnamed hostile tribe of humans.

And nitpicking on delivery aside, is it overall acceptable enough for the OP?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12133 on: June 21, 2016, 10:50:53 pm »

the Degenerates - which were supposed to have legs dang it

I don't really want to bring this up, because it's a really stupid thing to raise a stink about, but... please stop with this. Seriously. I already feel really bad about messing the new Spawn up and having to hear about it over and over is really wearing at me.

Also, yes, what you posted seems acceptable to me on a skim. I'm kinda agitated right now (for other reasons that have nothing to do with the above, fear not) so sitting down and reading something is a bit difficult.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12134 on: June 21, 2016, 10:59:56 pm »

If it makes you feel any better, I'm going through and rejiggering some stuff around. Uberspawn (being those horrifying amalgamations) will now be evil critters in general, which means evil races may end up managing to corral a bunch and throw them at something - which may be better or worse, depending on how you feel about that. And the degenerates I can possibly just fix myself, considering the missing legs is the only problem I have with those.

I'll also include a few mundane surprises of my own.
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 815