Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253309 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

I'd be interested in a dwarf in Riverrun.

Might be good to have some non-deranged characters to get me out of writer's block.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I guess I could try doing an RP again, as that story I've been writing for two years is now FINALLY getting to the point where I feel that I can let it rest in peace.

E: I'd rather not make a huge commitment, though. When I joined Spearbreakers, I had no idea that I was getting into something that would take >2 years to complete... I don't plan on sticking this thing out for very long as well if that's what'll be required of me. I'll probably just write a couple journals and that's it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 01:33:16 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Hey, a journal now and then is all I ask. Any more is just a bonus.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

I've gotten quieter because I do honestly feel that the reaction to the glowwhale creature was a bit negative - or at the very least, unenthusiastic, in the sense that people weren't exactly pleased... Or, I suppose, to be even more precise, I suppose I feel that people were viewing it negatively, even if they might not say anything bad about it. :P

Annndddd glowwhales are coming up in a few chapters, and production has ground to a halt just short of where they're supposed to appear.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Riverrun has begun, get your dorfs while you can, as I'm sure disease or plump helmet men will kill us all in the next year or two.

I've gotten quieter because I do honestly feel that the reaction to the glowwhale creature was a bit negative - or at the very least, unenthusiastic, in the sense that people weren't exactly pleased... Or, I suppose, to be even more precise, I suppose I feel that people were viewing it negatively, even if they might not say anything bad about it. :P

Annndddd glowwhales are coming up in a few chapters, and production has ground to a halt just short of where they're supposed to appear.

Personally while I find them a nice touch to Parasol proper, I'm gonna go ahead and say we shouldn't bother to include them in SBII, if only to cut down on stuff that needs to be taken into account in world gen since so many sapient races are gonna be added. Which reminds me, that shit still needs to be standardized... So much new stuff is gonna be hell on computers.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

Extremely late, but I do like the glowwhales. And I'm insanely jealous that you can model and I can't. :|

This is really just a bump. It's been, what a week? Two?
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Week or so, give or take a day. FOund out the Mr Frog brand Spawn of Holistic are gonna be making an appearance as a cavern race in Masterwork, so yay for us! But mostly yay for Mr Frog since he made the new spawn.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Ack, sorry, guys. It's been difficult for me to log on lately, and I've been pretty busy on top of it - moving furniture and large quantities of yard work for two different houses. I'll get a chapter up later today, if I can. I've also been distracted with modeling again, but it doesn't seem like it would be tactful to post something of it. :P (Not to mention terribly off-topic.)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

I was considering attempting to draw up the Spearbreakers stories as a comic, and went through the convenient PDF... and quickly realized what a hell of a time getting all the stories and in-game events into something recognizable.

Hanslada, Tavieno, Mr Frog, Splint, etc. ... it'd be a lot of stuff for a comic to contain, and I don't want to leave anything out since it all manages to wrap around everything else and form a cohesive whole. It's given me a new sense of awe, seeing how this mindf&$@ manages to [imake sense[/i].
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That seem sour greatest strength. No matter how convoluted, everything from fort founding and dragon cavalry to sci-fi timewar and deranged cloned researchers can somehow managed to make a coherent whole.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Just omit anything that I've written and it makes sense~

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey, i just thought of something!

you play Spearbreakers. while drunk.

NO. BAD.

((Just found this.))
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Ahahaha, took you lot awhile.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what's worse? Given the type of fortress this is, the drink is probably laced with enough carp to wipe out civilizations.

Mr Frogs' secret ingredient is Cthulhu. That evilly affable litt- wait. Don't piss off da Frogmeister.
GENERATION 32:

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

New version is out lads, time to playtest it for a while, then start converting it for next fort use!
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 815