Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253326 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

o.o Mr Frog and my girlfriend share a birthday!?

Oh also, Talvien, apparently you intimidate me. I tried to record an audiobook version of your most recent chapter and I kept blanking out, getting tongue-tied, and stuttering. Not to mention choking on words. That's rare. And it's not really because I'm bad at reading aloud, I did excellently in our class's recitation of Othello. ( I make an excellent Iago. )

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

Garett likes Vanya too, doesn't he? Jeez, she must be quite attractive- Reudh, Urist...  I pity any guy who gets in her way.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

Happy Birthday Mr Frog!

Also, it's hard to think of cruel twists when you've been amusing yourself with sane, happy videos...
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Happy date of emergence into this world!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Happy birthday Mr Frog! May you enjoy another year of being everyone's favourite venom-tongued critic!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Happy birthday Mr Frog! May you enjoy another year of being everyone's favourite venom-tongued critic!

(And everyone but this is the most recent)

Thank you. And I think I need to get on that last part; it's been a long time since I've crushed someone's dreams.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

~snip~
 And I think I need to get on that last part; it's been a long time since I've crushed someone's dreams.

You're welcome to my work if you can find it.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally done with the first (and last) trimester of Architecture, so I'll actually have time to write (and draw, maybe) again.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Architecture? I envy you. >.> There was a time when I would've given anything to go to school for that. lol

And... hmm. I know I mentioned an update a few days ago, but I got... sidetracked... with a different project. You may have noticed I mentioned glowwhales again in the last chapter. At some point I decided, "why not make a model?" and it's been siphoning off my free time. :-\ I may post pictures later if anybody's interested. I need to get back to work on the story, though.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trust me, Talvi, Architecture is not for everyone. I found the entire trimester oppressively toxic, and it was literally Year 1 Trimester 1.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I read through a college architecture course book growing up - I greatly enjoyed it, tried making some of my own blueprints - I seized on 3d modeling as soon as I had access to something I could do it with and tried making houses and landscaping just for the fun of it. I even have a blog post somewhere with a bunch of model buildings I made... I really like architecture. :P The only reason I'm not pursuing it anymore is because I don't have any real experience, whereas I have experience in other areas. Like modeling. Or programming.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I'm in favor of pictures because why the hell not.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

Only logical.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only logical.
'kay, so. Glowwhale: Jellyfish/Whale/Squid cross. It pulls water in through its mouth and shoots it out the back as a source of propulsion, using its fins to steer. (I did a lot of research as I was inventing this creature. lol) The tentacles gather and conduct stray electricity, as a source of "food". It's an abandoned Parasol genetic experiment. Also, their colors change similar to that of a cuttlefish, and they glow like deep-sea creatures. They don't need air like whales do, either, and aren't mammals.

I'm not satisfied with the shape yet, or the pictures, but... here you go. :P I canceled the last image before it was done, which is why it looks grainy on the right. It's okay, because the important part is on the left - it shows the detailing on the glowwhale's skin close up.

(And yes, I repurposed my old shuttlecar model for this.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finally, if anybody can think of a better name for it than "glowwhale", I'm all ears. I've received quite a bit of flak from my brothers about the whole concept, so I wouldn't be overly surprised if I got it from here, too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:31:19 pm by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

... Wow, those things are a hell of a lot weirder looking than I was expecting.
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 815