Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253504 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

I've pronounced it Ever-rock, but I'm new, so I dunno.

M'k. So Sewaturet is who?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Vanya's Journals, Entry 61
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:56:45 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I've pronounced it Ever-rock, but I'm new, so I dunno.

M'k. So Sewaturet is who?

Sewaturet is based on a human fort I played that is an independent city state that controlled many trade routes (and thus roads) in its area, making it a very attractive target for both Ballpoint and Parasol who could make use of them in the more modern era, as said roads lead to their "in-dimension" headquarters and Eris orchestrated an attack without using any of its own actual forces to try and take control of the city to use as a staging ground and production facility to attack both once Ballpoint and Parasol were done hammering both. The plan went tits up due to unforeseen events though and Eris lost its own facility on Everoc instead due to a combination of a Sewat-Ballpoint assault and mechanical failure on a maintenance door. Joseph managed to escape of course with the most important people in the facility, but left the majority plus a clone of himself behind to take the heat off himself.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile

That mechanical door failure sounds like the door getting jammed with a monarch butterfly remains in Battlefailed.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

A nice shout-out if I ever saw one.

@Talvi:

I am quite frankly amazed that you are getting such heavy flak, to be honest. Your work is amazing, and you've obviously put quite a bit of your heart and soul into your writing. It's something which I've read personally over and over, and I probably will continue to do so for a long time.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Talvi:

I am quite frankly amazed that you are getting such heavy flak, to be honest. Your work is amazing, and you've obviously put quite a bit of your heart and soul into your writing. It's something which I've read personally over and over, and I probably will continue to do so for a long time.

I'm wondering who's been voicing complaints really, I find his stuff good myself barring the occasional thing that makes me itch with annoyance, and those are pretty rare.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

In case anyone wonders, it's actually not me this time. I am curious as to what's going on as well.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

That mechanical door failure sounds like the door getting jammed with a monarch butterfly remains in Battlefailed.
Actually, that was Boatmurdered.

And, no, Mr Frog, it's not you. Your criticism I could take - it's usually constructive. It's a family member that finally decided to read it and has been picking at me, mostly focusing on Vanya's character. :-\ Specifically that she's "pathetic" and "relies on everyone else to fight her battles for her". In other words, implying I was so cautious not to make her a Mary Sue that I ended up accidentally making her an equally bad, opposite version of it. There's been a lot of other stuff, but, that's what gets focused on the most...

edit: there's also another friend who's doing it, but he's not so much picking at it as acting vaguely displeased and condescending. I never really thought I was all that great to begin with, and I know you guys are trying to make me feel better, but, I really have to face that I'm not as great as I need to be. I just need to improve.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:24:55 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally don't really mind having a somewhat-pathetic main character. I don't think you ever really implied that Vanya was meant to be a role model. I suppose if someone really finds her so unappealing that they can't stand reading about her then that's their opinion and I guess they're entitled to it.

Your writing has flaws, but Vanya kind of being a drip isn't one of them IMO.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we ever going to start the sequel? What exactly are we waiting on? Also, I preemptively call the militia commander.  :P

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She seems fine to me. She's not a fighter by nature and it's only natural that she'd rather have the people trained for that sort of thing like Reudh or Urist do it. He own abilities ingrained training notwithstanding probably puts her around competent (Rusty or Very Rusty) at best which would make her absolutely pathetic in a fight against and compared to professionals.

Are we ever going to start the sequel? What exactly are we waiting on? Also, I preemptively call the militia commander.  :P

Next stable release, and no guarantees we'll remember that.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and I'll probably remind whoever.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In regards to the recent pronunciation discussion... I don't think an 'official' pronunciation for Everoc was ever given, and I don't much care about whatever 1d4chan or whatever says.

By whatever amount of authourity happens to be vested in me, the official pronunciation of 'Everoc' is now 'shmip-shmip', emphasis on the second shmip.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:35:59 pm by Mr Frog »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

By whatever amount of authourity happens to be vested in me, the official pronunciation of 'Everoc' is now 'shmip-shmip'. emphasis on the second shmip.

Is that a short "i" or a long "i"?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Short 'i'. Rhymes with 'snip-snip'.

Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 815