Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2 sieges in a row? Really?  (Read 4713 times)

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2 sieges in a row? Really?
« on: February 26, 2012, 02:16:14 am »

Is it common to have back to back sieges?

18th Gelena 132 and 13th Timber 132, 2 back to back sieges from goblins.

I only have 1 goblin civ, as well... So it's not multiple civs...

Second question, to kobalds ever siege? They've been trying to steal stuff like crazy, been killing a lot of em.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: 2 sieges in a row? Really?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 02:20:57 am »

sometimes sieges occur in rapid succession.

if kobolds manage to steal something then they might get bolder and send ambush parties. they're super weak though so not a big concern. might lose a woodcutter or a fisher or something
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:27:21 am »

sometimes sieges occur in rapid succession.

if kobolds manage to steal something then they might get bolder and send ambush parties. they're super weak though so not a big concern. might lose a woodcutter or a fisher or something

K. I made the mistake of sending out my military for the first siege... Yaaa... They got slaughtered, lol. I'm just pulling out of the tantrum spiral when an elven caravan comes... Followed seconds later by the second siege. So now the elves are going to think I killed off the traders, and I just got them bringing wagons again (robbed em blind the first time, they didn't bring wagons again for a while, lol), and there are still 19 dwarves left at 0 happiness, just primed to tantrum...

Been having fun, thankfully just not that ‼FUN‼ yet:p

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 07:03:09 am »

Goblin Christmas is coming!

It's very common for some people to get multiple sieges, ambushes, thieves and snatchers, all at the same time.

Pretty certain there was one guy who managed to get a goblin siege and a human siege on the same map, right at the moment he dropped elfs on them... I need  to find that thread :P

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 08:15:25 am »

who cares about mayors?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:27:33 am »

Mayors do.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Mckee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 08:33:51 am »

Mayors do.

Clearly not if he's wandering around a battlefield.
'What good is a lesson if your idiot is too dead to learn from it?'

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 09:24:22 am »

Or they've got too high an opinon of themselves and assume no goblin would ever dare lay a hand on them. :P
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 09:41:41 am »

I assume that he knows about the dangers, but still more than about his own life he cares about his fortress and knows,
that the fortress desperately needs the lone sock, that the elven caravan left lying on the other side of the battlefield

:D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 11:39:19 am »

Not too uncommon. Hopefully you've got a decent traphall set up to collect the goblinite harvest?

Heh, brings back memories of a fortress I had in a CivForge world where I got so many simultaneous ambushes every season that it was equivalent to multiple simultaneous sieges. One of the best ones had something like 150 Sand Raiders, 40 Bugbears, 60 gobbos, 20 Silver Xelics, and maybe something else. Nothing I've seen since has really equalled the sight of a veritable tidal wave of enemies circling around my keep while trading shots with my marksdwarves, or later, when my 8-dwarf militia routed all ~250 of the survivors without taking anything more than moderate wounds.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 03:05:27 pm »

Ah yes, nothing like making 20 entities all sieging all year and embarking in the middle of them.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 11:23:46 pm »

my goblin fortress embark is at war with elves, dwarves, and humans.... and i think a toer is in range.

i expect !!FUN!! within the year.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 12:04:10 am »

I once had 6 at once. I just locked in until I got bored
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

puppy daub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 12:32:18 am »

My current world seems filled with goblins from what I'm previously used to.  I unfortunately only have nickel on my map, and I play with a minimal trap policy and I refuse to shut myself in.  My 2nd siege was pretty big, but only 1 elite bowgoblin thankfully.  A passing werepig crashed the party and took on the bowgoblin squad, delaying them long enough to spread out the attacks.  He didn't kill any of them, but they took forever shooting him.

My 3rd siege was brutal, it was 6-7 squads, 3 of them ranged and 3 elite bow goblins.  My crossbow heavy defense was pummeled and my paltry 8 unit axe squad only partially equipped in armor couldn't withstand the onslaught.  I will have to revise my building plans if I want to keep playing with the front doors always open.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 02:55:15 am »

My current world seems filled with goblins from what I'm previously used to.  I unfortunately only have nickel on my map, and I play with a minimal trap policy and I refuse to shut myself in.  My 2nd siege was pretty big, but only 1 elite bowgoblin thankfully.  A passing werepig crashed the party and took on the bowgoblin squad, delaying them long enough to spread out the attacks.  He didn't kill any of them, but they took forever shooting him.

My 3rd siege was brutal, it was 6-7 squads, 3 of them ranged and 3 elite bow goblins.  My crossbow heavy defense was pummeled and my paltry 8 unit axe squad only partially equipped in armor couldn't withstand the onslaught.  I will have to revise my building plans if I want to keep playing with the front doors always open.

Being very honest here: Please, please, PLEASE embark in a terrifying zombie biome and chronicle your open door policy there:p

I'll be rooting for you all the way :D
Pages: [1] 2