Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just how far can interactions go when it comes to increasing attributes?  (Read 3874 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I have a Cell creature that I've been testing about in adventurer mode.

Spoiler: Cell meaning this guy (click to show/hide)

He has an interaction that doubles his strength, agility, toughness, and endurance.

Code: [Select]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:200:0:STRENGTH:200:0:TOUGHNESS:200:0:ENDURANCE:200:0:START:0:END:5000]
When I use that interaction, the force of his kicks propel creatures of equal size away by 5 1 tiles every single time he kicks them in the upper/lower body. If he punches/kicks them in the head or extremities, they're PUNCHED OFF. I honestly didn't think that was possible, but apparently it is. This is way above the limits of what I thought possible for a creature to do in this game, so is it possible that interactions can increase attributes ABOVE their maximum?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:17:05 am by Putnam »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Just how far can interactions go when it comes to increasing attributes?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:05:07 pm »

By the Gods... And I thought my Golems punting smaller creatures was epic... This is equal sized creatures D: I'm impressed

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:22:06 pm »

Ok, so this is how I think it works, but I could be wrong.

Each attribute ranges from 0-5000. It can't go outside this range, so 5000 is max. The only way to go beyond that, strength-wise, is to make a creature bigger.

When a creature is generated, the RNG rolls its attributes. It puts it somewhere on the bell-curve between--what?--"miserable" and "superdwarvenly".  Each species has its curve defined in its entry.
For dwarves:
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]+

With a syndrome, you can increase your creature's attribute-score by double:
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:0]
or give it a straight 500 point bonus:
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:100:500]
or set it at maximum:
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:0:5000]
...notice, I set the base to 0% before giving it extra points.  I think that it's safe to give it more than 5000 points, but it might possibly flip it over into the negatives or bug it out in some way. 

What I don't know is the system by which creatures gain attribute points through skill-use/xp.  There might be some cap, to prevent your pump-operators from reaching that hulk-like 5000.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 06:29:39 pm »

is the [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE] token part of a transformation interaction or can it be used for normal sickness type syndromes? I'm Looking for a sickness that just makes cratures stronger/weaker without transforming them.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 06:38:47 pm »

is the [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE] token part of a transformation interaction or can it be used for normal sickness type syndromes? I'm Looking for a sickness that just makes cratures stronger/weaker without transforming them.

It's just a syndrome symptom, it's not attached to anything else.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 07:37:42 pm »

excellent... MUHAHAHA

I was concerned the combat drugs in the next release would need to be a transformation, which seem to be a bit broken at the moment for what we were planning (cant transform an already transformed creature into something else).

Also radiation sickness can now make dudes get physically weaker and lower resistance to other virii

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 08:22:41 pm »

You kick The Namekian Wrestler in the left upper arm from the side with your right foot and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Holy shit. That's from my Super Saiyan interaction. That is fighting a BIGGER foe, 8/7 as large.

EDIT: My super saiyan 2 interaction is making every punch glance away, so I feel that there may actually be an overflow here.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:29:28 pm by Putnam »

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 07:17:50 pm »

well the interactions extracted from the game boost Animated Corpses Attributes to 300 where yours have 200, so I think you can buff him more.  Maybe even 1000 for a kaio-ken times 10.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 07:42:57 pm »

well the interactions extracted from the game boost Animated Corpses Attributes to 300 where yours have 200, so I think you can buff him more.  Maybe even 1000 for a kaio-ken times 10.

Super Saiyan does 4000 (because I felt 5000 may have been too much) and Super Saiyan 2 does 8000 (originally 10000, but that ended up causing problems)