Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New bug? I mean, feature?  (Read 1778 times)

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New bug? I mean, feature?
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:15:30 pm »

I started a new adventurer, everything was going fine, I was looking for necro towers, when suddenly...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, there's only one thing any adventurer would do. Find out where it leads. And here's the answer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm... confused. I think I exploded on semi-molten rock.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
Re: New bug? I mean, feature?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:18:34 pm »

did you abandon world gen wile it was still working through the years? i did that once recently and had the same problem on a MUCH MUCH LARGER scale. i started an adventurer and half the town i started in was just a big pit to nothingness.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 05:24:10 pm »

I let it gen the world in the background and after a couple of hours it was done. No interruptions.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 05:33:40 pm »

hmm strange, its a bug btw, and as long as you cant see the bottom of the pit i'd never recommend jumping in it xD hell i'm reluctant to jump more then 1Z level down a hole

its related to a bug thats already been reported tho so dont bother gettin on mantis with it.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 05:40:09 pm »

I saved beforehand anyway. I mean, a hole to nothingness? Too tempting.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 06:02:28 pm »

good point, as long as you save holes to nothing are fine, i remember being able to stop all my fall damage by wearing like 25 shields xD

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 06:55:01 pm »

Good grief, a sink hole to the bottom of the universe!

good point, as long as you save holes to nothing are fine, i remember being able to stop all my fall damage by wearing like 25 shields xD

Do this, and swim in the magma sea to victory!

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 07:10:29 pm »

sadly sheilds dont block your face from melting off :(, just fall damage.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 07:28:50 pm »

Maybe eating a lot and amassing lots of fat might prolong your life a little bit  ...
if I remember correctly from the last version,
it is first the fat that melts off before you get any real damage :D
(might have changed with 0.34, though)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:30:41 pm by Proteus »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 07:33:08 pm »

Melt your fat off then do this!

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 07:58:15 pm »

i burnt the fat off the hand of my current adventurer and the skin is a bit burnt up too, so i think of him as having a skeleton hand/muscle hand, its not infected or anything tho so thats awesome :D

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 11:28:01 pm »

Wait, you can block the earth itself? I have to try that now.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 11:49:47 pm »

Huh.  I seem to remember something called 'fisixs' calling this impossible.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 12:32:30 am »

It's a bug that's already reported, but having an extra save on the DFFD for Toady to look at would still be useful.

What you have is a corrupted save - the game saves basic elevation and topographical data, and when you have a save get corrupted, the unreadable data gets interpreted as either a hole to the magma sea, or something like an adamantine spire to the heavens. 

There are a lot of ways in which map save data can be corrupted, so having extra saves to see how this particular amount of data was corrupted would, at the very least, not hurt to give Toady for further research.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 08:45:21 am »

thats true, more saves to look at wouldn't hurt. and the sheild thing, yea it might have been fixed but i'm not sure about it, it spams you with messages saying "the  has been deflected by your (armor/shield)"

Pages: [1] 2