Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: True Adventurers  (Read 3920 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: True Adventurers
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 02:11:45 pm »

yea, out of about 50 villages and towns in the world (nearly all had forts) about 20 had people. also tombs i havnt come across any

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 02:13:51 pm »

No tombs?
Strange
How large and how young is your world?
(mine is 300 and I have tombs en masse)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 02:15:31 pm »

cant get past year 100 without overheating, crashing and destroying my laptop

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 02:19:35 pm »

my world is med and has a lower history, like 250 or the one under that, and i have plenty of armor all over the place, and tombs too.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 04:10:53 pm »

I usually search in forts for vampires, and then if i see one I lick their blood, then if any of my companions have better gear then me i go to a tomb and take their stuff after they die, then after I get new companions I go to a tower and get the books and slab and kill the necromancer, then I go on a omnicidal rampage and destroy the world!

(note that the last part is encouraged, but not nessecary.)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 04:49:10 pm »

my current adventurer is busy for a month or two now. Shield user and dodge seem the most important, to remove some of the danger from the arrow to the knee situation. First I usually work on ambushing skill. Not only does it help to sneak up to bandits, it also helps to kill animals for food. On that, in the beginning I improve my rather low weapon skill by hacking some less dangerous enemies to pieces, literally. I usually break a leg or two to make them fall and then proceed to hack at ears, noses, toes and anything that isn't too hard to hit but promises not to bleed te victim out too fast.

The most important is to avoid potential archers untill you get better at dodging and blocking arrows. Next I usually go to towns to see if the catacombs hold anything interesting. Animal people and kobolds are a win: lightly armed and armored, but people will actually respect you for the named kills, especially if they have leaders. Why the catacombs: lots of corners to hide behind so the archers come to you instead of you having to charge through the open ground. Even if they don't come, you'll be able to have them shoot through the doorway, to your front, where your shield is most effective.

Even if you don't edit the raws so you have dwarf cities, it's worth it to play a dwarf. Their smaller size makes them harder to hit and man, that trance rocks. I had one dwarf adventurer in 34.01 who used part wood armor, part leather and metal, looted from elf and goblin raidersI've created 15 humans and 3 lived long enough to show up in engravings. I made 3 dwarfs and 2 made it, huge difference.

Points at beginning:
superdwarfenly str and agi, superior endurance and recuperation, high willpower. steal points out of linguistic ability and musicality if you have to.willpower helps you stay awake so much longer after you got hurt, it's worth it. Higher recuperation means that even when you start bleeding and it's a long battle, you're more likely to have those wounds close before battle is over.

For weapon skills I usually choose good disablers. Swords and axes are good at chopping off limbs, and swords have the additional stab option to cause massive internal bleeding. Maces and warhammers break a lot of bones. Leg, arm, arm, head is a common tactic. I usually put just a few points in fighter as I find it's the fastest skill to level, the second fastest being the weapon. Always put one or two, preferably two, in swimming. Not only do you need to swim over bigger rivers, dipping in a murky pool is one of the best ways to start sneaking. It also layers you with water for a quick drink.

Observer is usefull. It helps spot ambushes before you're actually attacked. It may also help with other things, but that is unconfirmed. If you want to fast travel a lot, observer is important. If you think you want to be a necromancer, you need one point in reading

The rest goes to dodge, shield and armor user, shield and dodge being the more important ones.

This usually gives me an adventurer who, If he doesn't die at day 2 or so, makes a succesful career.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 06:11:48 pm »

Oh lookie here! I made a video about this just now for ya'.

Spoiler: Spoiler 'n' Shit (click to show/hide)

The video link is here     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSKOxdh6qlM&feature=youtu.be
I hope my pro skills rub off on you.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 06:29:10 pm »

cant get past year 100 without overheating, crashing and destroying my laptop

That explains it, then.
The tombs I found in my world all had inhabitants that died after the year 150
(most of them even after 200)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 06:55:26 pm »

you could always ask someone to gen you a world with your own specifications, lots of people here on the forums are usually willing to help others get into playing the game/help them play more.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »

Bandts attack me everywhere, I think the elves like me though.... every time I'm attacked an elf is there, right now its a Lasher, before a swordsman... elves arnt so bad, at least in my world cause they are killers :o you eoves in my world are awesome

Rip goat, more loli

spacedwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 09:46:40 pm »

Oh lookie here! I made a video about this just now for ya'.

Spoiler: Spoiler 'n' Shit (click to show/hide)

The video link is here     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSKOxdh6qlM&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for this.  I learned a lot .  Seems like meditating in the wild is the key to success. ;D

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 10:53:18 pm »

I like step 1.

But where is step: ???

And step: Profit

Btw novice swimming is not necessary, alt moving in and out of the sea/swimming against the tide is an easy way to train swimming without the risk of drowning

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 06:50:34 am »

I find that it depends on how You play the Game.

If I play all cautious and careful, I can survive theoretically indefinitely.
But I like to play a bit more loosely.

Because Im in it for the Stories.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 07:34:16 am »

True adventurers probably "use" their slavescompanions as human shields, letting them take all the hits, whereas real heroes experience "fun".

For a real challenge, I start my character as a Peasant, without spending any points in skills, and lowering all my attributes to the minimum. Then attempting to be well known throughout the land. That's like completely hard mode.  8)
My post ends here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 07:37:32 am »

put superhuman in strength agility and something else (toughness/spacial/kinetic sense/endurance) put you combat skills in a weapon of your choice (15) shield user (10) and fightin (8) any extras should go into reading since you cannot level it. (that's what i used to do with my demigod adventurers)
Fighting goes up crazy fast once you start killing things, you better put that in swimmer/observer or such.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 [2] 3