Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Adventure mode  (Read 15578 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Adventure mode
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 07:48:16 am »

Every race which one wants to see in adventurer mode must have one or more of the following:
  • [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS] - Monarchs, Generals, and other Bigwigs will hang out in the fortress, so one can slay them or get quests from them
  • [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY] - Use sparringly.  The entity will build towns and hamlets, which do not work well on high drainage biome types (such as mountains or badlands).  The town also may have compatible entity types move in and become full-fledged civ members, so giving this to Dwarves will lead to both broken cities and human-monarched dwarven civs, no war required.
  • [BANDITRY:x] - Entity will form small outdoors camps of entity members ex nihlio that perform raids on surrounding population centers.  Quests will be given to kill them by local areas.  Giving this to an entity which is too strong can lead to that race actually taking over their neighboors, no war required.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 05:34:03 pm »

Can't dig, or chop trees, or interact with tiles in those kind of ways.
well that's where Tiletypes comes in and adventure reactions.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 06:25:45 pm »

elaborate?
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 03:27:31 am »

elaborate?
tile types can create floors, walls, stairs in adventure mode and fort mode. If you want to get the feel of digging down in adventure mode you just dive into tile types and fiddle around.

though I kinda hope MASTERWORK adds loads of interactions for each playable race.
"body swapping and YOU!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 02:20:53 pm »

I never played adventure mode, an never will.
Why? Why would you care about modding for a mode you never play? That you don't even seem to want to play. And why would it be a good idea for you to try and mod for it when you have no idea about how it plays?

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 07:20:57 pm »

Why? Why would you care about modding for a mode you never play? That you don't even seem to want to play. And why would it be a good idea for you to try and mod for it when you have no idea about how it plays?

My guess is because a lot of the fans of masterwork have been asking for it.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 07:21:06 am »

All the stuff would be enabled by a button saying: Adventure mode. BUT it would mean that one can play a world only in Fortress, OR Adventure mode. No idea how to really get around that issue.
meh, cant find it as i somehow got wrapped up posting in 18 different threads... fucking boredom...

anyways, you just have to modify the part of the spine in the neck to act like bones in the shoulder/wrist/knee/hip etc.

as for other things, fixing the non-speaking races for adv mode, or not giving them towns would be nice, but may interfere with fortress mode. also, free magic spells suck, don't make sense in adventure mode, however something gained from a potion crafted via reaction, (ask Deon) would be cool.
Separating fort mode from adventure mode going to hurt the folks who use Dfhack's mode set to switch between. I wonder if you can give them custom dialog that will make talking to them really hard to understand but acceptable(or say they learn common). all I kinda want is spell books in keeps just for the idea of fort full of books made for reading.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 01:08:11 pm »

My guess is because a lot of the fans of masterwork have been asking for it.

That is correct. I personally have no interest in the adventure mode, BUT I do have around 17000 downloads of my mod so far, and other people do play adv. mode. I wrote the entire Launcher/GUI thing just for the community, as well as all the guides, manuals and many, many features that the community requestet. Why not do a little bit more, if the people like it ? I take pride out of good reviews and think its nice to actually create something that other people enjoy.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 07:54:02 pm »

I personally always spice every mod's adv mode by putting

[WORLD_CONSTRUCTION:WALL]
   [WORLD_CONSTRUCTION:BRIDGE]
   [WORLD_CONSTRUCTION:ROAD]
        [WORLD_CONSTRUCTION:TUNNEL]

Under the [PERMITTED_REACTION:] tag block and put

[BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS]
   [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_TOMBS]

above the [BANDITRY:] tag

in every entity.txt

Also, I always put this in a mod's threat.txt, feel free to use

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 09:32:03 pm »

Since I think that 3 threads are a bit much, I will close this one down. All adv. mode suggestions can still be posted in this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109098.15 together with the other suggestions.

The reason for the seperation of suggestions and the actual mod thread is that there was too much feedback and new people could barely follow the thread, or get their questions answered.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 [2]