Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Adventure mode  (Read 15572 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
☼MASTERWORK☼ Adventure mode
« on: February 25, 2012, 11:55:39 am »

Seriously now, I want to make my mod be playable in Adventure mode. Problem: I never played adventure mode and dont know what it would need for that. My guesses so far:

A big list of custom reaction that are "adventuremode enabled", I would probably copy deons work from genesis for this. I trust his judgement to do it well.

A list of custom reaction to use special items I have in my mod. I will make these myself.

A big list of adventure_tier:X creatures to play. This might or might not include sorcerers with all the fancy new spells.

Tweaks to existing creatures/civs. I have no idea what would be needed.

More vocalizations for creatures, see this mod

Probably a ton of other things I dont know. I do request the help of avid adventure mode players and/or modders for this. Any knowledge you share will help me greatly. A noob questions: Adventurers cant dig, right ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 12:51:56 pm »

I'm pretty sure adventurers can't dig.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:56:46 pm »

Can't dig, or chop trees, or interact with tiles in those kind of ways.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:37:56 pm »

An ability to snap necks with wrestling, some random thing I have always wanted.
Generally I'd like to see some basic construction ability and/or the ability to command followers if possible. It'd be awesome to have your own base of operations in adv mode. :D 

Urist McHero inc. Headquarters
Awesome

EDIT: Sorry, I should have read the post more carefully before making requests. I just got excited in seeing "*MASTERWORK*" and "adventure mode" in the same sentence.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:38:56 pm by lionstar »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 03:58:06 pm »

Please, dont make requests about me modding things in. I never played adventure mode, an never will.

I need instructions, not ideas ;) Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh/weird, I guess I just need one dedicated adventure mode modder to help me along.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 03:59:17 pm »

An ability to snap necks with wrestling, some random thing I have always wanted.
Generally I'd like to see some basic construction ability and/or the ability to command followers if possible. It'd be awesome to have your own base of operations in adv mode. :D 

Urist McHero inc. Headquarters
Awesome

snapping necks can be done by making the spine in the neck breakable via wrestling. commanding followers cannot, no code exists in DF.

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 06:21:46 pm »

As you said, most things like reaction you can take from the genesis mod, since Deon worked on the adventure mode as well. As for the reaction of your mod and the adventures tier, well, it's your choice i think.

You'll also have to enable more clothing for the civilization, and enable the eat and drink feature.

About the vocalization now, you can take that also from the genesis, works pretty good actually. You can also add some.
Exemple:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just started modding recently so what i said may don't make sense, but if it can help...

Edit: Ho damn... was using an old version of your mod...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:49:26 pm by Whivy »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 06:33:01 pm »

hey meph, the neck breaking thing would not be too OP, as strangling in adv already makes someone pass out in one turn.

it would also add awesomeness to fortress mode when your militia commander breaks a orc warlords neck.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 06:36:19 pm »

In this case: Post the raws ^^  Sorry if I seem to be very passive about the adventure mode things, but I have a lot on my hands in Fortress Mode already, as you know. But yeah, wrestlers breacking necks would be nice, although a wrestler against an orc warlord is doomed anyway.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 06:42:00 pm »

i just suggested that since its only changing the body plan, ill go see if i can find a set of Raws someone made for it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 01:00:22 pm »

-bump-

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »

meh, cant find it as i somehow got wrapped up posting in 18 different threads... fucking boredom...

anyways, you just have to modify the part of the spine in the neck to act like bones in the shoulder/wrist/knee/hip etc.

as for other things, fixing the non-speaking races for adv mode, or not giving them towns would be nice, but may interfere with fortress mode. also, free magic spells suck, don't make sense in adventure mode, however something gained from a potion crafted via reaction, (ask Deon) would be cool.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 06:02:29 pm »

All the stuff would be enabled by a button saying: Adventure mode. BUT it would mean that one can play a world only in Fortress, OR Adventure mode. No idea how to really get around that issue.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 06:09:17 pm »

Goodluck with this. Can't really help since I don't know anything about modding but it seems like you should watch a few adventure mode videos so you at least have an idea of what it's like, though I'm sure you'll receive plenty of help here. If you do find yourself with the time, 5ippycup has some amazing videos on youtube that also serve as a walkthrough/guide.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 07:43:20 pm »

i'd say blow some time playing adv mode, its pretty fun now with toady's recent additions.

that way you can get an idea for what might go well in it. also, try to find a way to make natural skill dwarfs show up in adv race select, right now you have something along the lines of.

male/female dwarf X11
legion,
royal,
guild,

or something like that.
Pages: [1] 2