Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do elves hate me? + Editing df  (Read 1580 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Do elves hate me? + Editing df
« on: November 09, 2007, 02:27:00 pm »

i have herad of many people being offered fabulous animals by the elves but so far i ahve been repeatedly offered a dead cat. do the elves hate me or do i have to buy their stupid cat before they will offer anything else?

EDIT: rather than create a new thread ill use this one, i have tried a few times to edit df through the raws but it doesnt seem to have much effect anynone know where i could find a tutorial or anything?

[ November 09, 2007: Message edited by: thatguyyaknow ]

Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do elves hate me? + Editing df
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 02:30:00 pm »

The dead cat is a result of temperature *not* being taken into account by traders.  It's a pretty stupid bug, but them's the breaks.

Also, nice sig.

Also also.. didn't answer your question, did I? >_>; Er, that would be because I don't know, TBH... You're saying they've offered the same dead cat multiple times over multiple years (or different cats but of the same breed)?

[ November 09, 2007: Message edited by: BDR ]

A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 03:08:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by BDR:
<STRONG>The dead cat is a result of temperature *not* being taken into account by traders.  It's a pretty stupid bug, but them's the breaks.

Also, nice sig.

Also also.. didn't answer your question, did I? >_>; Er, that would be because I don't know, TBH... You're saying they've offered the same dead cat multiple times over multiple years (or different cats but of the same breed)?

[ November 09, 2007: Message edited by: BDR ]</STRONG>

dunno if its the same cat. as for the sig i got it from a book called "The Book of General Ignorance" which is based on a TV quiz called QI(short for Quite Interesting)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

qalnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »

I believe that if you put the cat in a box, there will be a chance that it will be alive.

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 03:38:00 pm »

qalnor: That reference fails, because the cat has already been observed and thus cannot qualify as belonging to Schroedinger.
A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

Surma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 09:10:00 pm »

Hmm, is a pet in a cage being carried by elves BEFORE reaching the depot dead or alive? Since the elves won't tell would that qualify for Schrödinger?