Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Everything Is Dolphins! (Tarn did some art for the game!)  (Read 1167 times)

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Everything Is Dolphins! (Tarn did some art for the game!)
« on: February 25, 2012, 10:55:33 am »

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to shamelessly self promote the first game I ever wrote which is getting published. Tim Hutchings who is publishing the game and runs plagmada.org (a place where RPG ephemera is preserved and showcased) got a bunch of illustrators to do art for the book, and Tarn Adams did one of the pieces!

When I made the game, I was trying to figure out how to make Ecco The DOlphin more playable and fun, the end result is a game where you can play an axe wielding dolphin or a shotgun wielding dolphin trolling ruins underground for porpoise glory. 

You can find the game over here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/timh/everything-is-dolphins-an-rpg-and-art-book

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Is Dolphins! (Tarn did some art for the game!)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 11:28:00 am »

what is this i dont even
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 11:38:38 am »

what is this i dont even

Its a Pen and Paper game about dolphins. Loosely based on Ecco The Dolphin. I can give a longer more detailed story here.

www.plagmada.org is a place where people donate their used game ephemera that are created during play, things like maps, character sheets, and so on. A while ago I donated a notebook i had been screwing around with for a while and the notebook included this game Everything Is Dolphins. After I donated the book to my buddy Tim who runs Plagmada, he asked me if he could get a bunch of "illustrators" to make art for the game and publish a curated version of it along with my original notes. One of the "illustrators" for the game is Tarn! Who made a lovely picture of dolphins with some artifacts and sea life which is located on the feat page in the book. Some of the other illustrators are fancy gallery artists and others are old game illustrators and everyone in-between. So its kind of like an art book and an RPG book in one!

Here is a mention we got on BoingBoing http://boingboing.net/2012/02/21/everything-is-dolphins-old-ho.html

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:59:28 am »

I would like to donate to your game but I'm a zealous supporter of cuttlefish being the most awesome sea creature, a dolphin just doesn't live up to the ethos I was taught.
My apologises, my good sir.