Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some nerf that makes 2012 adventure unneededly hard.  (Read 1697 times)

Ascimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some nerf that makes 2012 adventure unneededly hard.
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:26:59 am »

PEASANTS
Y U BECOME FARMERS
Seriously, peasants seemed to have the highest chance to join you. Now there are none to be found anywhere and soldiers are hard to find and persuade either.
That, combined with general hostiles buff, sucks because you either die to some warlord or bowman under the keep or are attacked by bogeymen.
Also, what skill do you need to HIT THESE BASTARDS DAMMIT.
There is a finely-engraved image of Ascimator on the wall. Ascimator is slapping himself in the face. The artwork relates to the loss of the only anvil in Perplextombs in the late winter of 6.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Some nerf that makes 2012 adventure unneededly hard.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:34:38 am »

Soldiers... hard to find... hard to convice... right...

Easy to find, you can get a good 3 or 4 if you put some social skills in.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 09:39:30 am »

Meh, it's better if you have to become Urist McKilledHalfTheWorld before anyone wants to join you.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 09:52:55 am »

PEASANTS
Y U BECOME FARMERS
Seriously, peasants seemed to have the highest chance to join you. Now there are none to be found anywhere and soldiers are hard to find and persuade either.
That, combined with general hostiles buff, sucks because you either die to some warlord or bowman under the keep or are attacked by bogeymen.

Every world is different. My current world, 95% of my adult immigrants were military. I had a death spiral at 84 dwarves because no one had skills besides great/etc in weapons and armor skills :|
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 10:16:50 am »

Just go to fortresses and keeps, everyone seems to be willing to join me there. Worth investing in a few (s)kills first though.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Salmonpunch

• Bay Watcher
  • Fishing poles are for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 10:19:21 am »

PEASANTS
Y U BECOME FARMERS

Soldiers are actually easier to find in 2012 because they now spawn in towns and hamlets occasionally, instead of very very rarely. In the previous version you had to risk bogeys every time you wanted to recruit. Also if you dont invest in the recruitment skills the soldiers in towns generally dont want to leave and usually just insult you, but for some reason highly trained royal guards in capitals will gladly serve whatever random stranger waltzes through the keep door.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:20:59 am by Salmonpunch »
This is Gabe Newell, a vast humanoid. He undulates rhythmically. Beware his deadly release schedule!
Oh look, more apocalypse in my cereal.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 11:15:06 am »

you can find plenty of peasants, they are just all skeletons in the crypts :D
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.