Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zombies > Clowns (Spoilers)  (Read 1874 times)

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zombies > Clowns (Spoilers)
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:04:39 am »

You've been warned.

So in my current world, I had a wonderfully generous demon - Lashid Spurtedlust the Fated Blister - who kindly convinced the humans he was an incarnation of their God of Death. I'm not sure if it was Lashid or the deity itself, Mothi, who created the first necromancer in this world, but it was undoubtedly Lashid who penned the book that taught my adventurer to raise the dead.

I feel confident in saying that Lashid came to regret that decision.

Lashid installed himself as a Law-Giver in the local human civilization. As a result, he hung around a fort, wrote a bunch of books, and had them lying around on the towers. I was able to wander in, read what I wanted, wander out, raise an army of the dead, then come back just to see what would happen. Suffice to say that I was amused when he immediately began to fight my zombies as they filed into his throne room, or study, or whatever you'd call that windowless place full of trinkets and statues. The battle appeared pretty one-sided; sure, he could spit frozen extract at the zombies, but what good does that do when there's twelve or more of them and the toxic aspect doesn't harm them? Ultimately, I got this message:

And the zombie dwarf became known as Truthfulearly the Auburn Dead of Obscurity, having secured his fifth kill.

Let this be a lesson to you, kiddies; towering, bloated, one-eyed chameleons twisted into humanoid form with black, overlapping, oval-shaped scales and deadly spittle are no match for swarms of the undead.

As an aside, my undead army and I stormed the world's one necromancer tower a while earlier and slaughtered everything we could find there. I took the slab with me, and out of curiosity, read it. Did you know that it's possible to learn two different methods to animate the dead? Or that, if you do so, you have two separate interactions you can use, thus circumventing the normal cooldown on the ability?
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Zombies > Clowns (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:10:19 am »

That was a unique demon, and it was outnumbered. Give me 10 Ash Spirits the size of Bronze Colossi with the awesome energies of fire, and zombies'll never be a problem again.

Now husks on the other hand...

Salmonpunch

• Bay Watcher
  • Fishing poles are for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 08:28:53 am »

Quote from: Loud Whispers link=topic=102576.msg3032200#msg3032200 date=1330168219

Now [i
husks[/i] on the other hand...
(Husks/Giant sponges)>everything else
This is Gabe Newell, a vast humanoid. He undulates rhythmically. Beware his deadly release schedule!
Oh look, more apocalypse in my cereal.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 12:43:13 pm »

what about zombie grenades? i think zombie grenades beat those as long as they have enough explosive power :D

i have a backpack with 250 and growing bodies in it :3
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 01:22:53 pm »

I swear you can only resurrect one corpse at a time though?

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 01:25:29 pm »

I swear you can only resurrect one corpse at a time though?
incorrect, i'v resed up to 50 at one time, for a backpack full of bodies you could res the whole bag and it would basically be like a bomb :3

the trick is finding enough bodies to animate all at once.

it would work like caged war dogs when the cage gets triggered if you play more fortress then adventure, that or a catsplosion
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:32:52 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 01:39:16 pm »

have you tested your bag.... it should work in theory, but dwarf fortress has a certain way of turning theories upside down.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 01:53:41 pm »

na i havnt tested it yet but i'm 100% sure it will work, i can test it with my smaller backpack that i'm collecting more zombies in right now. so one sec :D

works with my smaller bag, i'm able to reanimate all 47 bodies in it.
now i gotta go beat them all to death so i can shove em back in the backpack :3

it just has to be within a 10 tile radios of me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:57:54 pm by Xotano »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 01:59:27 pm »

Oh my, this is quite terrifying.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 02:01:42 pm »

I have successfully raised corpses well outside that radius, provided they were within line of sight. I can also confirm that there seems to be either no limit or a very high limit on the number of corpses one can raise at once (although I only got up to 15 in a single casting).
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 02:02:56 pm »

Oh my, this is quite terrifying.

the only problem with it is the fact that the bag is as heavy as a bronze colossus, my speed drops from 1700 to 150ish when i pick up the 250 and growing body bag.

I have successfully raised corpses well outside that radius, provided they were within line of sight. I can also confirm that there seems to be either no limit or a very high limit on the number of corpses one can raise at once (although I only got up to 15 in a single casting).
yea true but for some reason the skill says it has a range limit "(#selected, range 10)"

if i wanted to i could res all 288 bodies i have in my zombie bomb backpack, i set a macro to hit A alot to add the zombies to the list of animate targets wile i went and got food :3

cus moving is so insanely slow i'v been collecting bodies in a different backpack and bringing that backpack to the bomb backpack and filling the bomb up with the bodies from the one i'm using to collect em in.

my zombie bomb got more "terrifying" as loud put it, it now includes 2 dragon corpses.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:13:31 pm by Xotano »