Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: PokeMon RTD: If you're lucky, you'll make it to Pewter.  (Read 13894 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: PokeMon RTD: Gotta catch 'em all!
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2012, 11:44:41 am »

Hm.

Teak, pound that pidgey, then if it is still alive conscious, throw a Pokeball!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 12:59:10 pm »

Have Quinn tackle the Sentret

Also, what does my pokemon being shiny do, +1 to certain rolls?

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2012, 01:43:30 pm »

4 pages in one day? I need to catch up.
Name the Oshawott Rolf, then head off to the tall grass to find a strong pokemon to capture.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2012, 01:55:42 pm »

4 pages in one day? I need to catch up.
Name the Oshawott Rolf, then head off to the tall grass to find a strong pokemon to capture.

It's mostly because we're not doing major turns, more like micro ones.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'm pretty much doing mini turns so we can speed up things like combat in the wild... events in town are going to be completely different.

@empfan, yes, your shiny Cyndaquil will gain bonuses in any coordination you might do, since they tend to like Pokemon with a certain shine. Otherwise it's pretty much just a color-swapped PokeMon that you can maybe use to dazzle your opponents -which I will be making rolls for if you encounter a trainer... but wild Pokemon are generally unamused.

Anyways, onto the turns. I don't have a whole lot of time today, unfortunately... and this action took me a while to write.

Quote from: tomas1297
Bob Junior names his Charmander "Jim", because he has a strange sense of humor and then goes find some random Pokemon to catch while singing the Pokemon theme HOT-BLOODEDISHLY(tm).

"I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST," you belt out at the top of your lungs. Before you manage another word, a very annoyed looking Pidgey jumps out at you.

ROUND 1 - FIGHT

Spoiler:  Pidgey (click to show/hide)

Beginning of Route 1, Daytime 1, Round 1
Spoiler: tomas1297 / Bob Junior (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party PokeMon (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Neyvn
This time look for a WILD Bird Pokemon... Also. If possible. Search for Berries.
You find an Oran Berry bush just in front of you, but before you can grasp it, a Pidgey swoops down from above! Well, at least its a wild bird, and maybe you'll get to loot the spoils after the battle.

ROUND 2 - FIGHT
Spoiler: Pidgey (click to show/hide)

Beginning of Route 1, Daytime 1, Round 2
Spoiler: Nevyn / Nano (click to show/hide)

Quote from: dermonster
Growl'n'kick!

Flint's growl lowers the attack of the Furret, and you manage to hit it with your foot for another 4 damage. The Furret retaliates with another Scratch (sorry for the error last post with the Tackle, but it still would have done the same damage) doing only 3 damage back this time. Flint is getting pretty low on health, but Blaze has not taken effect yet - not that it matters, since you don't have a Fire-type move.

Also, you're pretty sure the only way Trainers "level-up" is by getting badges, so your punching and kicking will never be... super effective. Sadface.

Spoiler: Furret (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Ochita
Teak, pound that pidgey, then if it is still alive conscious, throw a Pokeball!

Teak pounds that Pidgey pretty hard, doing 6 damage. The Pidgey [1 vs. 3]manages to get an attack in for 4 damage itself before you throw the Pokeball. Since the Pidgey is damaged a little bit, you just barely manage to capture it.

Congratulations! You caught a Pidgey. Would you like to give him a nickname?

Spoiler: Ochita / Daniel Green (click to show/hide)

Quote from: empfan
Have Quinn tackle the Sentret

Quinn just misses the Sentret, and the Sentret just manages to scrape by. Quinn takes 2 damage.

Spoiler: Sentret (click to show/hide)

Beginning of Route 1, Afternoon 1, Round 4
Spoiler: empfan / Jack Scott (click to show/hide)

Quote from: BunnyBob77

You asked for a strong PokeMon, and you got one - a really angry looking Ursaring. It seems to be particularly aggressive towards trainers for some reason...

ROUND 1 - FIGHT

Spoiler: Ursaring (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Grab Flint and haul ass.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have quinn tackle again, if that fails, try to find something to bribe it with to follow you around
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:19:05 pm by empfan »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, Double Leer then Pound.

EDIT:: Might as well also attack it myself with the Wooden Sword. And Throw Pokeball when its at HP<20%
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:27:42 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile

Have Rolf keep at a distance and  use tail whip to weaken it's defenses.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, isnt Exp gained from Trainer Battles like 2x that of a wild battle. Meaning that a battle against a same lvl mon in a trainer battle is close to that of a battle aginst a +3 lvl wild mon...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

"JIM! I CHOOSE YOU! SCRATCH WITH THE POWER OF JUSTICE!"
 Repeat until Pidgey is down to 4 or less health, then throw pokeball. If Pidgey is not captured, continue scratching for great justice.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Look for berries, and move on to the next town.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: PokeMon RTD: All at Daytime 1 (except those two who ran away)
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2012, 08:44:41 pm »

@Neyvn: I was under the impression that it actually had to do with the level of the PokeMon battled versus the level of your PokeMon and not whether it had a trainer... As far as I remember, when I battled my 'rival' the first time, I didn't get full exp even if we had the same level PokeMon, but if I battled something of a higher level, it gave me more exp... I could be wrong, I don't know everything about PokeMon, but I'll just go with what I have right now.

Quote from: dermonster
Grab Flint and haul ass.

You manage to escape the Furret and haul ass back to Pallet Town. You heal up back at the lab, and the Professor congratulates you on your newest capture. However, he thinks that will be protection enough and he sends you back on your way.

Pallet Town, Afternoon 1, Round 3

Quote from: empfan
Have quinn tackle again, if that fails, try to find something to bribe it with to follow you around

Quinn critically hits the Sentret, doing 8 damage! The Sentret manages to hit Quinn back for 4 damage. You quickly reach behind you in the bushes in hopes of finding something useful, and you manage to grasp a couple of berries. The Sentret seems very attracted to the two Aspear Berries, perhaps because of its Bold nature.

Spoiler: Sentret (click to show/hide)
Beginning of Route 1, Afternoon 1, Round 4
Spoiler: empfan / Jack Scott (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Neyvn
Welp, Double Leer then Pound.

EDIT:: Might as well also attack it myself with the Wooden Sword. And Throw Pokeball when its at HP<20%
The Pidgey scrapes by on the first round for 3 damage, and hits you fully on the second round for another 5 damage. Your wounded Treecko retaliates with a Pound, doing 8 damage. The Pidgey runs itself into your Wooden Sword (that you seemingly pulled out from Hammer-space) which does another 8 damage. The Pidgey is sufficiently low on health, so you throw a PokeBall.

You caught the Pidgey! Congratulations. Would you like to give her a nickname?

Spoiler: Nevyn / Nano (click to show/hide)

Quote from: BunnyBob77
Have Rolf keep at a distance and  use tail whip to weaken it's defenses.

Rolf lowered the defense of the Ursaring, but he didn't back up quite enough. The Ursaring Licks Rolf for 2 damage, and Rolf gets paralyzed.

Spoiler: Ursaring (click to show/hide)

Quote from: tomas1297
"JIM! I CHOOSE YOU! SCRATCH WITH THE POWER OF JUSTICE!"
Repeat until Pidgey is down to 4 or less health, then throw pokeball. If Pidgey is not captured, continue scratching for great justice.

Jim's first scratch barely grazes the Pidgey, doing 2 damage, and the Pidgey completely misses. The second scratch[5vs.3]hits the Pidgey[/abbr] for 4 damage, and the Pidgey retaliates for 4 damage. Jim's third scratch [4vs.5]barely scrapes by again[/abbr] for another 2 damage, and the Pidgey misses again The fourth scratch hits for another 4 damage, and the Pidgey hits back for 6 damage.

When you throw the PokeBall, you capture the wounded Pidgey. Congratulations. Would you like to give him a nickname?

Spoiler: tomas1297 / Bob Junior (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Ochita
Look for berries, and move on to the next town.

You make a mad dash down the route, and only stop to pick up a Chesto Berry. You turn to continue down the route, but a wild Rattata dashes out in front of you!

ROUND 2 - FIGHT
Spoiler: Rattata (click to show/hide)

Middle of Route 1, Daytime 1, Round 2
Spoiler: Ochita / Daniel Green (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:48:37 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2012, 08:47:52 pm »

Haul ass through route one.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2012, 10:11:32 pm »

Give a short inspirational speech, then have Rolf use tackle.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8