Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: PokeMon RTD: If you're lucky, you'll make it to Pewter.  (Read 13882 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PokeMon RTD: If you're lucky, you'll make it to Viridian.
« Reply #90 on: February 29, 2012, 03:04:48 pm »

I had plans to Capture every Bird and Every Pokemon that can learn Sword Dance/Leaf Blade/Any kind of Cutting Move...

Treeko and Pidgy go out,
Turn 1 :: Leer and Sand Attack :: Wooden Sword Strike
Turn 2 :: Pound and Tackle :: Pokeball...
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:34:03 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 29, 2012, 03:21:22 pm »

name the Sentret Mix and let it out of the pokeball to give it the berry, then head towards town

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2012, 11:52:25 am »

Name pidgey crest, and send out both my pokemon. Make them both attack. Then, if the battle is finished, search for more pokemon, to win against.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2012, 01:14:59 am »

Bump?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: PokeMon RTD: If you're lucky, you'll make it to Pewter.
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2012, 07:43:35 am »

The past few days were filled with very sudden changes of plans. But I'm back now, and hopefully I can be more active.
Anyways, with Tomas leaving that means the person on the wait list is welcomed into our ranks. I let him know through PMing him, so we're soon to have a new player amongst our ranks.

"Welcome, Issac! It's a pleasure to meet you... You say you want a Turtwig? Here she is, along with your PokeDex and 5 Pokeballs. She seems pretty brave, so maybe give her a nickname to match, if you want to."

Pallet Town
Spoiler: Party PokeMon (click to show/hide)

Quote from: BunnyBob77
The ursaring's name shall be Fredrick, and I'll head to the pokemon center with him and Rolf to heal up.
You head back to Pallet Town without any trouble and heal up at the lab. Professor Oak congratulates you on your new capture, as it is quite impressive! To celebrate, he offers you a choice of one item: A Potion, a Heal Ball, or a small bag of 5 Berries. Which will you choose?

Pallet Town, Daytime 1, Round 2

Quote from: dermonster
Quick attack and scratch.

Quick Attack hits first and does 6 damage. Flint manages to scrape by and knockout the Poochyena completely. Both PokeMon gain very little experience for taking on such a weak PokeMon, but the person from the shadows seems impressed. He gives you a slow clap and approaches, the uniform appearing more clearly to you now - a blue and red DNA Helix is on the front of his uniform, reminiscent of the letter H.

"People like you would be perfect for Team Helix," he says, smirking a little bit. "I've been watching you for some time now, and it is obvious to me that you appreciate the power of man over beast. If you believe that these creatures have ruled over us for too long, that we humans should be placed above them, feel free to come to one of our headquarters in any region." He reaches out to give you a card with the same symbol on his chest... What do you do?

Middle of Route 1, Afternoon 1, Round 4
Nuzlocke Challenge

Quote from: Neyvn
Treeko and Pidgy go out,
Turn 1 :: Leer and Sand Attack :: Wooden Sword Strike
Turn 2 :: Pound and Tackle :: Pokeball...

Treecko lowers the defense of the Hoothoot, and your Pidgey misses the Hoothoot on the first turn. You hit it with your sword for 4 damage. Seeing as Pidgey was the first to try to take physical aggression against it, the Hoothoot grazes her for 2 damage. Treecko grazes it back with a Pound on the second round for 4 damage, and your Pidgey hits it hard for 8 damage. the Hoothoot critically hits your Pidgey for 8 damage back.

You throw a PokeBall, but unfortunately it breaks. The Hoothoot misses your Pidgey with another Tackle.

Spoiler: Hoothoot (click to show/hide)

Middle of Route 1, Night 1, Round 5
Spoiler: Nevyn / Nano (click to show/hide)

Quote from: empfan
name the Sentret Mix and let it out of the pokeball to give it the berry, then head towards town

Mix eats the Berry and smiles at you, as if in thanks for the tasty treat. You run towards Viridian and make it there without anything bothering you. However, it is well into the night by the time you get there, so perhaps it will be a good thing to rest up at the PokeMon Center.

Viridian City, Night 1, Round 5
Spoiler: empfan / Jack Scott (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Ochita
Name pidgey crest, and send out both my pokemon. Make them both attack. Then, if the battle is finished, search for more pokemon, to win against.

Teak hits hard for 6 damage, and Crest hits for 4 more damage. Since the Rattata is not completely out, it leaps towards Teak and totally misses.

Spoiler: Rattata (click to show/hide)

Beginning of Route 1, Daytime 1, Round 2
Spoiler: Ochita / Daniel Green (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:57:13 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2012, 08:20:05 am »

"Heh, interesting offer." Derm takes the card. "But don't we technically already rule over them? We made devices to capture these things in tiny little balls and use them to fight each other, after all. If that's not a sign of complete and utter domination, I'm not sure what you think it is."

I did mention that I'm basically the calling card for 'Hilariously off the rails' 'round these parts, right?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:23:14 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2012, 08:33:06 am »

Catch the thing.
Pidgy Sandattack again just incase...

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2012, 08:52:33 am »

You definitely did warn me, and I'm just rolling with it, because its fun. :3

"Heh, interesting offer." Derm takes the card. "But don't we technically already rule over them? We made devices to capture these things in tiny little balls and use them to fight each other, after all. If that's not a sign of complete and utter domination, I'm not sure what you think it is."

"Humans have made great leaps to take over PokeMon, but it is not enough," he replies, giving his invigorating villainous speech. "Because of how they rule over this world, we have made it revolve around these beasts, and nothing else seems to matter. The power of PokeMon can destroy humanity if we do not temper it as we do! We must eliminate the threat of the Legendary PokeMon who refuse to submit to the power of humans. We must use their power for our own gain, to make humanity dominate this world instead of them. Help us end their tyranny!"

He gives a mad cackle and runs off towards Viridian without another word. You turn over the card instead of pocketing it. It reads:

Kanto - Fuchsia City
Johto - Ecruteak City
Hoenn - Mauville City
Sinnoh - Veilstone City
Unova - Striaton City

Well, now you know where their headquarters is in each region. If you really want to join them, one of the buildings is in Fuchsia City apparently. You're nowhere near there, so perhaps you should move on before the sun sets?

Middle of Route 1, Afternoon 1, Round 4
Nuzlocke Challenge

Catch the thing.
Pidgy Sandattack again just incase...

The Sand-Attack misses the Hoothoot, but you decide to throw another Pokeball anyways.

Success! You have caught the Hoothoot. Would you like to give her a nickname?
Also, it's gotten pretty late, so you might want to make camp for the night here just in case. Otherwise, you may suffer fatigue if you risk the stretch to either town. Your choice, in the end.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2012, 08:55:36 am »

Pocket card. "Interesting..."

Onwards! The end of the route is in sight!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2012, 09:10:06 am »

Set up Camp. Search for Berries...
Train Treecko.

EDIT:: Also is my Hoothoot a Male or Female???
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:43:50 am by Neyvn »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2012, 09:19:42 am »

Keep them both attacking! Afterwards, go searching for oran berries.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2012, 10:23:03 am »

Head into the pokemon center and rest up for the night.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2012, 12:45:23 pm »

Name the Turtwig Shepard, then move out towards Viridain city.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2012, 07:20:23 pm »

Take the berries, and begin heading to Viridian.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2012, 10:45:22 pm »

Onwards! The end of the route is in sight!

You make it to Viridian without any further disturbances. The sun has set by now, so it would probably be a good idea to turn in for the night at the local PokeMon Center. You can probably do any business you have in the morning.

Viridian City, Night 1, Round 5
Nuzlocke Challenge

Set up Camp. Search for Berries...
Train Treecko.

EDIT:: Also is my Hoothoot a Male or Female???
(I misread Male as Female the one time... but your Hoothoot is definitely male. Sorry for the confusion.)

You make camp for the night, and there don't seem to be any berries around this particular area. It is also an uneventful night for your Treecko, but I suppose you can count yourself lucky. No worries, you remembered to pack some food, so you'll be okay until you get to Viridian City.

Quote from: Ochita
Keep them both attacking! Afterwards, go searching for oran berries.
Teak scrapes by for 2 damage, but Crest demolishes what's left of the Rattata's health. Both PokeMon gain a little bit of experience from the battle, but it's still nothing too impressive.

You move a bit farther up the route and find a couple of Oran Berries. You move away from the bush and run into a wild Shinx! These are also quite rare in the Kanto region, it must have wandered quite a ways from home.

ROUND 3 - FIGHT

Spoiler: Shinx (click to show/hide)

Middle of Route 1, Afternoon 1, Round 3
Spoiler: Ochita / Daniel Green (click to show/hide)

Quote from: empfan
Head into the pokemon center and rest up for the night.

You head into the PokeMon Center, and luckily for you they have a spare room for you to sleep in. You rest up not only yourself, but your PokeMon as well. In the morning, they have a breakfast banquet for those who stayed overnight, so you're treated to a free meal.

Would you like to do anything in Viridian City while you're visiting? In the PokeMon Center, there's a world map detailing the cities as well as a board with papers tacked to it. Closer examination reveals it to be a Mission Board, where you can try to complete tasks for people for rewards, if you so choose. There's also a gym here, but you're pretty sure it's forbidden to go there unless you have seven badges. You can also go to the PokeMart to stock up on items and food.

Viridian City
Spoiler: empfan / Jack Scott (click to show/hide)

Quote from: HighEndNoob
Name the Turtwig Shepard, then move out towards Viridain city.

You move out towards Viridian City with Shepard in tow. It is not long before you encounter a wild Pidgey.

ROUND 1 - FIGHT
Spoiler: Pidgey (click to show/hide)

Beginning of Route 1, Daytime 1, Round 1

Quote from: BunnyBob77
Take the berries, and begin heading to Viridian.

You open the small bag of Berries to find 3 Oran Berries and 2 Aspear Berries. You step back onto Route 1 and run into a Trainer right away. "Let's battle!" says the invigorated trainer. He throws out a Sentret first, but you notice he has another PokeMon on his team as well.

ROUND 3 - FIGHT

Spoiler: Trainer Party (click to show/hide)

Beginning of Route 1, Afternoon 1, Round 3
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:03:25 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8