Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: PokeMon RTD: If you're lucky, you'll make it to Pewter.  (Read 13881 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PokeMon RTD: All at Daytime 1 (except those two who ran away)
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2012, 11:44:10 pm »

The Sword didn't come from hammerspace, check the appearance.

No Nickname for now. I will grab that berry feed it to the Treeko then return to Oak.
Heal all Pokemon in Pallet Town, Talk to Oak about purchasing any items off him...
Return to Route 1, find a Pokemon and Slaughter it.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: PokeMon RTD: If you're lucky, you'll make it to Viridian.
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2012, 12:09:39 am »

Quote from: dermonster
Haul ass through route one.

You must have packed your Running Shoes or something, because you haul ass to the middle of Route 1. As you stop to take a breather, a wild Poochyena appears! These types of PokeMon are rare in the Kanto region as it is... It's ultimately up to you whether or not you want to catch this weak-looking Dark-type.

Spoiler: Poochyena (click to show/hide)

Middle of Route 1, Afternoon 1, Round 4
Spoiler: Party PokeMon (click to show/hide)

Quote from: BunnyBob77
Give a short inspirational speech, then have Rolf use tackle.

Your inspirational speech isn't very inspirational. However, Rolf manages to Tackle the Ursaring for 6 damage even despite your silliness. Luckily, the Ursaring misses Rolf... so your non-inspirational speech somehow managed to benefit you in the end.

Spoiler: Ursaring (click to show/hide)

Beginning of Route 1, Daytime 1, Round 1

Quote from: Neyvn
No Nickname for now. I will grab that berry feed it to the Treeko then return to Oak.
Heal all Pokemon in Pallet Town, Talk to Oak about purchasing any items off him...
Return to Route 1, find a Pokemon and Slaughter it.
(I noticed the sword, disregard my hammer-space joke.)

You grab one Oran Berry and feed it to your Treecko, who recovers 10 HP. You manage to return to Pallet Town without any hindrance and heal up your PokeMon at the lab. Professor Oak doesn't have anything of use at the moment, so you head back out onto Route 1. You fail to find any PokeMon as of yet, maybe you need to walk around a little bit more.

Beginning of Route 1, Afternoon 1, Round 4
Spoiler: Nevyn / Nano (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:17:13 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2012, 12:18:05 am »

Spend a bit more time in Route 1.
Be it Trainer or Wild, Slaughter the Pokemon...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:04:05 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2012, 07:09:24 am »

throw a pokeball at the sentret, if that fails toss it an asper berry

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2012, 07:42:40 am »

Tackle again, if it hits throw a pokeball.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2012, 07:51:30 am »

Woe be to the pseudo-Nuzlocke challenge, for I can only capture the first pokemon I meet on any route!* Send out both Flint and Rattatta. Scratch and tail whip.

*I may search one more time if I already have a pokemon I meet.

Yay for completely disregarding any game rules!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2012, 08:03:51 am »

Wait, is this your own choice to do the Nuzlocke challenge Dermonster? Also you been disregarding since you started wailing on the Rattatta with your fists...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2012, 08:05:39 am »

I went with it as soon as i realized I have no idea what I am doing in any region that isn't Hoenn.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2012, 08:16:42 am »

I went with it as soon as i realized I have no idea what I am doing in any region that isn't Hoenn.
Hahahah Technically its the same you do in every Region, doesn't matter what colour of Pokemon you get, its;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2012, 08:20:44 am »

Well I know that.

I've just completely forgotten any game-breaker strategies I don't actually have.
Give me R/S/E and I'l whupp your ass, but Red/blue/crystal/whatever and I'm clueless.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2012, 08:57:10 am »

Well I know that.

I've just completely forgotten any game-breaker strategies I don't actually have.
Give me R/S/E and I'l whupp your ass, but Red/blue/crystal/whatever and I'm clueless.
Thats the thing, All gamebreaker Strategies are the same no matter the game. You will always find a Bird and a Ratish pokemon in the first route, you will always find bugs before the first Gym, the first gym will always be weak to at least ONE of the starter choices and if you didn't pick it, something in the route before will be there to prove otherwise. HECK Black and White GIVE YOU FOR FREE a Type advantage for the first gym. For Red/Blue at best you would need to capture a Caterpie and Level him to the Butterfree for the Type advantage, for red anyway, not sure what blue needed, I think there was a small area where you could capture a Type advantage pokemon to the left of Varidian on the way to Victory Road.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 29, 2012, 06:37:04 am »

Late night for me... My power went out during the day for whatever reason. :x
Yeah, the concept of PokeMon is pretty straightforward... and because of the newer generations, you can now find at least one type advantage in the forest (at least I think so) for Brock's Gym. Also taking into account how out of character this game is compared to the actual games, I might allow people to hit trees for a chance at PokeMon randomly dropping out of them (albeit it being a much lower chance than a PokeMon actually Headbutting a tree).

Quote from: Neyvn
Spend a bit more time in Route 1.
Be it Trainer or Wild, Slaughter the Pokemon...
You search into the evening, but you eventually find a wild Hoothoot. Nothing else seems to stand out in the darkness of the trees around you. You set out to slaughter a PokeMon, but you completely miss with your sword this time. The Hoothoot is pretty angry at your act of aggression, and is likely not to let this go easily.

Spoiler: Hoothoot (click to show/hide)

Middle of Route 1, Night 1, Round 5
Spoiler: Nevyn / Nano (click to show/hide)

Quote from: empfan
throw a pokeball at the sentret, if that fails toss it an asper berry
You throw the PokeBall and you capture the Sentret, perhaps a combination of her low health and her liking for the Aspear Berries.

Congratulations! Would you like to give your Sentret a nickname?

Beginning of Route 1, Afternoon 1, Round 4
Spoiler: empfan / Jack Scott (click to show/hide)

Quote from: BunnyBob77
Tackle again, if it hits throw a pokeball.

The Tackle barely hits for 2 damage, and the Ursaring barely misses Rolf again. You throw the PokeBall, it seems to wiggle around a bit, but it gives the miraculous dinging sound of a PokeMon being caught.

Congratulations! You've caught an Ursaring! Would you like to give him a nickname?

Beginning of Route 1, Daytime 1, Round 1

Quote from: dermonster
Woe be to the pseudo-Nuzlocke challenge, for I can only capture the first pokemon I meet on any route! Send out both Flint and Rattatta. Scratch and tail whip.
If these are the rules you have chosen, so shall it be (because I read up on Nuzlocke). From now on, any PokeMon who faint in your party will be considered as dead.

You send out both of your PokeMon at once, and command them each to attack. After your Rattata uses a Tail Whip, Flint delivers a successful Scratch for 6 damage. The Poochyena stupidly dashes in between the two PokeMon instead of hitting either of them. Strangely, in the heat of battle, you take your attention away for a moment to notice someone in the shadows looking on at your battle from afar. They seem to be wearing some strange sort of uniform, but the colors of blue and poppy red don't really strike you as familiar in any way.

Spoiler: Poochyena (click to show/hide)

Middle of Route 1, Afternoon 1, Round 4

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 29, 2012, 07:53:33 am »

Wow, I wasn't actually expecting that to work.
The ursaring's name shall be Fredrick, and I'll head to the pokemon center with him and Rolf to heal up.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2012, 08:10:25 am »

Quick attack and scratch.

"Take a picture, it might last longer."

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2012, 01:06:07 pm »

I'm quitting because of an uncomfortable time line and schedule and because I don't have a lot of free time. Also the turns confuse me.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8