Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Mouse Fortress v1.4d for DF 34.11 - Roller Coastery Wooh!  (Read 92630 times)

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Fortress v1.1.1- Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework - Mouse Control!
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2012, 11:11:04 pm »

Tried 1.1.1, this is definitely getting better :) ! Many thanks. The double-click instead of Enter works great, scrolling with the mouse wheel instead of +/- works great, I even bound those directly to the mouse wheel and set the level change to shift+mousewheel, as I scroll through menus more. Also tried binding Esc to the right mouse button, and thinking of binding / and * to ctrl+mousewheel for fast list navigation.

I'm still getting that fast uncontrolled scrolling as soon as I point at the third column of the stockpile customization menu, though.

Hehe, thanks!

The stockpile issue is fixed in 1.1.2, and right now I'm just seeing if a fix for the lever linking is possible and adding in a few other minor fixes + updating it all for 34.04. I'm just a bit bummed that you can't remove DFs styles and have it fill the screen for full-screen compatibility. :(
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile

Ok, another "bug" or mishap that confused the hell out of me for a while: I closed the script by right-clicking the autohotkey icon in the notification area and choosing Exit, however the "cursor" script remained active and caused the cursor to follow the mouse after pressing 'k' in adventure mode. I finally discovered what was going on by looking at the windows task manager.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Can confirm this. What is the correct way of turning the program of ? I had to use the task manager as well.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can confirm this. What is the correct way of turning the program of ? I had to use the task manager as well.

You can just right click the tray icon to exit it. The cursor thing staying is just a little bug from it not doing a proper check which'll be fixed in 1.1.2.  :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Oooh, this is back!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had another problem. Not only did cursor.exe stay active in the task manager, but whenever i tried to close it it was immediately launched again. this was caused by watch.exe, which also didn't close.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One thing I'm really missing when using this is using shift+arrows which moves the cursor exactly 10 tiles as an instrument of measure. I often build stairs 10 tiles away from each other and stuff like that. Not sure of the optimal way to replace this... maybe add a modifier key that makes the cursor only move by increments of 10. Or add a more complicated, but perhaps doable measurement tool that shows up when you drag the mouse or you have the blinking cursor for rectangle start set, with start/end coordinates and total rectangle size.

I had another problem. Not only did cursor.exe stay active in the task manager, but whenever i tried to close it it was immediately launched again. this was caused by watch.exe, which also didn't close.
Forgot to mention this. Yeah, same here.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:02:00 am by isitanos »

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's been fixed to properly terminate when the main script does in 1.1.2. :)

One thing I'm really missing when using this is using shift+arrows which moves the cursor exactly 10 tiles as an instrument of measure. I often build stairs 10 tiles away from each other and stuff like that. Not sure of the optimal way to replace this... maybe add a modifier key that makes the cursor only move by increments of 10.

You can actually turn off the cursor tracking with the q flag for more precision designation, which is getting improved in this next update, although being able to lock the cursor to increments of 10 would be interesting.

Or add a more complicated, but perhaps doable measurement tool that shows up when you drag the mouse or you have the blinking cursor for rectangle start set, with start/end coordinates and total rectangle size.

This is certainly something that's doable, and it'll definitely be in the update after this next one. :D

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can actually turn off the cursor tracking with the q flag for more precision designation, which is getting improved in this next update, although being able to lock the cursor to increments of 10 would be interesting.
I guess I should've mentioned that I did try switching back and forth with ctrl+q, but it really broke my workflow. Maybe it'd go better with a more accessible keybinding, but I doubt it.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, 1.1.2 is now out, and it has got a bunch of miscellaneous bugfixes and tweaks. The cursor shouldn't cause menus to freak out anymore, and suspending tracking is more forceful. Other than that just some other minor fixes. :)

The next update should have more meat to it with at least a couple of new flags, and in the meantime I'll be updating the OP and the readme. :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Downloaded and updated for my mod. 750 downloads since your program was added, hope you got some good feedback :)

How come this version has that many .exe ? I have 5, all the same filesize, 870kb.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Downloaded and updated for my mod. 750 downloads since your program was added, hope you got some good feedback :)

How come this version has that many .exe ? I have 5, all the same filesize, 870kb.

Yeah, lots of feedback, though more is always appreciated. :D

The .exes are there so people without AHK can use it, since it can't be compiled due to it being broken up into multiple, dynamically generated scripts. They're actually all the same, main AHK executable that launches the script they're named after.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

But I still need all of them I guess. Just launch.exe and deleting the rest wouldnt work ? (just thinking about filesize here ;) )

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I still need all of them I guess. Just launch.exe and deleting the rest wouldnt work ? (just thinking about filesize here ;) )

Yeah, they're sadly all necessary for now, though I'm definitely going to be able to eliminate a few in the future by compiling some of the scripts.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok. :)

How do you like the idea to use the large address aware version of DF to mod for you mouse fortress ? Otherwise people have to choose.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14