Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Mouse Fortress v1.4d for DF 34.11 - Roller Coastery Wooh!  (Read 92619 times)

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Fortress v1.1.1- Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework - Mouse Control!
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2012, 06:39:07 pm »

I am just wrapping up everything, included your fancy little tool as well. The readme is still very tech heavy though, more for modders than for users. But then again there is not too much to say, except: Doubleklick launch, right-click ingame. ^^

btw: like the avatar

Yeah, I think I'm definitely going to rewrite the readme to explain everything better, again, and I'll probably annotate copies of menus.txt and keys.txt to show exactly what's happening.

Also thanks, hehe.
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2012, 06:49:06 pm »

This isnt working for me, it runs fine when i click it, but suddenly it opens mouse.ahk and then closes, any help?

Could you please give me some more information? Did you read the readme? What precisely is happening?

In the stockpile customization menus, I'm able to select the first two column's items fine with the mouse, but then when bringing the cursor over to the third column the highligh scrollls very quickly up and down.

Thanks for the catch, will be fixed next release.  8)

MMM...

when i try to start it it shows

Building Menus...,etc.
Launching script...
then it closes itself and show me the mouse.AHK

Im using a fresh copy of df 32.03
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2012, 06:51:49 pm »

What do you mean by this? Is it throwing an error? Is it opening up the script's code?

Edit:

Fresh as in not the one included in the download?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:59:26 pm by Shukaro »

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2012, 07:18:41 pm »

What do you mean by this? Is it throwing an error? Is it opening up the script's code?

Edit:

Fresh as in not the one included in the download?

Yes, i replaced the df.exe from the download on my fresh copy

It doesnt give me a error, it just opens it and closes.
thats the only thing i can tell.

EDIT: is there a pre-requisite for this?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:25:26 pm by the_game_hunt »
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2012, 07:40:17 pm »

Ah, that's the issue I was a bit afraid of. It has to do with AHK not being installed and instead using the copy included in the download. It just took a bit of shuffling around of files, but I'm glad it was caught soon. I'm uploading the fixed version right now.

Here's the fixed version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bs1bbwrbqq4lzfm
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:43:10 pm by Shukaro »

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2012, 07:44:29 pm »

Ah, that's the issue I was a bit afraid of. It has to do with AHK not being installed and instead using the copy included in the download. It just took a bit of shuffling around of files, but I'm glad it was caught soon. I'm uploading the fixed version right now.

Well, installing AHK fixed it, but what really annoys me is that when i right-click on fullscreen makes df to minimize.

fake EDIT: Thx for answering very fast, i love people like you (no homo) that like to help other ones. :)

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2012, 08:10:53 pm »

Hehe, thanks. :D

The fullscreen issue is something that'll be fixed in the next release pretty easily, so keep an eye out for that.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2012, 09:24:43 pm »

It causes a few strange errors with Stonesense. Nothing that keeps me from using it, but the names on the creatures and dwarves don't display right.

UPDATE - Only causes this glitch when Mouse Fortress is run first, then Stonesense. If you do it the other way round, there's no problem.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:26:39 pm by Nighthawk »

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2012, 10:36:10 pm »

It causes a few strange errors with Stonesense. Nothing that keeps me from using it, but the names on the creatures and dwarves don't display right.

UPDATE - Only causes this glitch when Mouse Fortress is run first, then Stonesense. If you do it the other way round, there's no problem.

Really? I'm not even sure how they could interact. What does it do, exactly?

McFlow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2012, 06:09:20 am »

Shukaro!

First, thanks for your little mod! It really helps me play although it is quite annoying it is hard to play full-screen DF with it, as Meph mentioned.

Even though Mouse Fortress is/could be a revolution in the way we play Dwarf Fortress (I really mean this, who wouldn't choose mouse designation and building over carpal tunnel-creating cursor movement), there is only a little interest in this thread. And the reason is obvious! Please edit the main post to include less technical blabber (interesting for modders themselves, but not for the end users) and more explanation of functionality.

To help you, I've written a paragraph of marketing text (check for errors, I've only used MF for about ten minutes yet, before going to sleep):

"Mouse Fortress is the newest revolution in playing Dwarf Fortress! Has your carpal tunnel syndrome lead to aesthetically unpleasing but designation-friendly fortress design? Is your fortress absent of any furniture because you just can't remember the hotkeys? Mouse Fortress is here to save you! Right-click to bring up a menu and build whatever you want, wherever you want. It is a utility which provides a framework for constructing custom hotkeys and menus, which can perform many actions, from sending keystrokes, to manipulating the game cursor. It's designed to be as flexible and robust as possible, in order to allow as much customization as possible. DISCLAIMER: Vanilla buildings and furniture included, batteries are not!"

<3

Edit: I messed around with Autohotkey and your program some more. Let me share the custom keys I have setup (as I think they are quite nice):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I changed the up and down z-level by scroll and changed it into ALT + Scroll, because I like to zoom in and out using the mouse wheel.
Furthermore, I made it possible to select an item in a menu while scrolling through it with shift+wheel, by pressing shift+lbutton. Shift+rbutton closes the menu.

I have one question though: I would like to rebind Numpad0 to another Shift-key, so it doesn't stress my hands when I move the cursor with the numpad-keys. Any idea how to do it through your files? I've tried the following things, all lead to every input returning Shift+NumpadHome (Upper right fast movement):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:32:20 am by McFlow »
I embarked on an island, saw the ocean was frozen, and decided to dig a fort in there. I forgot that it wasn't a freezing biome...

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2012, 12:23:19 pm »

First, thanks for your little mod! It really helps me play although it is quite annoying it is hard to play full-screen DF with it, as Meph mentioned.

Hehe, you're certainly welcome. :) I've got a fix for the fullscreen issue in the pipe for the next release, so watch for that.

Even though Mouse Fortress is/could be a revolution in the way we play Dwarf Fortress (I really mean this, who wouldn't choose mouse designation and building over carpal tunnel-creating cursor movement), there is only a little interest in this thread. And the reason is obvious! Please edit the main post to include less technical blabber (interesting for modders themselves, but not for the end users) and more explanation of functionality.

Yeah, updating the OP is something that I need to do pretty soon. I'll add a bunch of examples and better explanations among other things.

I have one question though: I would like to rebind Numpad0 to another Shift-key, so it doesn't stress my hands when I move the cursor with the numpad-keys. Any idea how to do it through your files? I've tried the following things, all lead to every input returning Shift+NumpadHome (Upper right fast movement):

To do what you want these to do, you'll want entries along these lines:
Code: [Select]
NumpadIns & NumpadLeft|k(+NumpadLeft)
NumpadIns & NumpadUp|k(+NumpadUp)
Note the + modifier which stands for shift.
I did a major overhaul of the syntax in v1.1, so you'll want to update your keys to reflect that, your old ones won't work anymore. :(

Also, just a heads up, 1.1.2 should be out this afternoon with a few different fixes as well as being updated for 34.04.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2012, 05:44:37 pm »

You need to disable mouse tracking when the player is using "link a building to trigger" on levers or similar menus. The game lets you cycle between items (say, bridges) with + and -, but if you move the cursor you exit the choosing mode. It's basically impossible to link a bridge for the moment, unless you know the Ctrl+q shortcut to manually toggle mouse tracking.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 29, 2012, 06:02:07 pm »

Really? I'm not even sure how they could interact. What does it do, exactly?
I just recently attempted to replicate the glitch to get a screenshot, but it didn't occur again. Must've been a Stonesense problem that just happened to occur right after I installed Mouse Fortress. So no worries.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 29, 2012, 06:38:03 pm »

You need to disable mouse tracking when the player is using "link a building to trigger" on levers or similar menus. The game lets you cycle between items (say, bridges) with + and -, but if you move the cursor you exit the choosing mode. It's basically impossible to link a bridge for the moment, unless you know the Ctrl+q shortcut to manually toggle mouse tracking.

Yeah, I'll definitely do this, DF's menu system is, unorthodox, so usually the only way I can find these kinds of bugs is to randomly stumble upon them. :-\

I've got bad news for full-screen support though. DF apparently doesn't allow other processes to resize it to full-screen, or change any of its window styles (title bar, border, etc), so that means I can't make the windowed-borderless option I would need to avoid the current issue that the hard-fullscreen has. I wouldn't completely rule out a fix, but I wouldn't keep your hopes up either. :'(
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:35:30 pm by Shukaro »

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2012, 11:02:18 pm »

Tried 1.1.1, this is definitely getting better :) ! Many thanks. The double-click instead of Enter works great, scrolling with the mouse wheel instead of +/- works great, I even bound those directly to the mouse wheel and set the level change to shift+mousewheel, as I scroll through menus more. Also tried binding Esc to the right mouse button, and thinking of binding / and * to ctrl+mousewheel for fast list navigation.

I'm still getting that fast uncontrolled scrolling as soon as I point at the third column of the stockpile customization menu, though.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14