Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Mouse Fortress v1.4d for DF 34.11 - Roller Coastery Wooh!  (Read 92611 times)

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Fortress v1.1 - Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework - Mouse Control!
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2012, 03:28:03 pm »

Alright, v1.1.1 is out now, with both 34.03 and 34.02 versions.  :)

I've repopulated the predefined menus and keys, added in a new double-click flag, and did some miscellaneous tweaks. Enjoy!
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Mouse Fortress v1.1.1- Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework - Mouse Control!
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 03:44:29 pm »

Tested with 34.03. I personally still have the problem that DF minimizes when the mouse menu pop up, but ok...

A bigger problem is that it has a dfhack submenu, but there is no dfhack for 34.03.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 03:53:28 pm »

Tested with 34.03. I personally still have the problem that DF minimizes when the mouse menu pop up, but ok...

A bigger problem is that it has a dfhack submenu, but there is no dfhack for 34.03.

What kind of other programs do you have running in the background? I'm very curious as to what is causing your issue. :-\

Anyway, the DFHack menus are in there because it looks like a new release for that is coming fairly soon, they can just be deleted from menus.txt if you'd like. I'll probably look into adding in some different menu presets for the various major mods as well, I can see that being pretty helpful.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2012, 04:06:35 pm »

Nothing really.

If I run Df windowed it even works perfectly. Although the tileselector following the mouse is a bit odd and causes erratic movement, at least on my touchpad (i have no mouse)

I will add it as an experimental feature into my mod then :) I plan to upload a new version tomorrow, and hope that dfhack is updated till then.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2012, 04:21:12 pm »

Ah, so that's what the issue is, Mouse Fortress isn't playing nicely with fullscreen DF. Thankfully, that's a fully fixable issue on my end. :D
I would like some more info on how your cursor is moving though, if you don't mind. Also thanks for the inclusion. :)

Edit: On a sidenote, does Masterwork store a list of which mods are enabled anywhere? That could be pretty useful for automatically setting up appropriate menus.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:23:32 pm by Shukaro »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2012, 04:26:34 pm »

Sure. I start moving the mouse cursor. It jumps, not mocing absolutely smooth, as if I was playing a game with lag. As soon as the tileselector reaches the mousecursor, it stops. I can move my finger on the touchpad, no input... I have to move my finger away, break the contact with the touchpad, and then I can move it again, till the selector gets me ;)

Another thing: I rightclick and need 3 menus to get to a wall. By then the mouse is in the DF menu to the right of the screen, and not on the world/grass anymore. (hope you know what I mean) The mouse is in the black box with the commands/workshops.

This leads to the tileselector trying to catch the mouse, and starts scrolling, till it reaches the map border. Doe. ^^

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2012, 04:37:10 pm »

Alright, the jumping you see is actually the script trying to get the cursor to your mouse ASAP by using shift + the arrows, as DF likes to drop keypresses if it receives too many in too short of a window. I've found that if I only send the normal numpad strokes, the cursor gets slow enough to be annoying. :(

Could you explain what happens when the cursor catches the mouse a bit more? Does it no longer move if it catches the mouse until you retouch the pad?

The menu thing is something that I might be able to do something about, I'm thinking a good solution could be suspending the tracking for a second or two after selecting a menu item.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2012, 04:39:03 pm »

Yes, what you said. The mouse cursors stops moving till I re-touch the touchpad. But I guess actual mice will be ok.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2012, 04:43:31 pm »

Yes, what you said. The mouse cursors stops moving till I re-touch the touchpad. But I guess actual mice will be ok.

That's quite odd, what model computer are you running? Is the touchpad built into a laptop or is it a peripheral?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2012, 05:01:54 pm »

Built in touchpad, Asus EEE Pc Series.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2012, 05:51:47 pm »

Oh DAMN. This is awesome. I'm really glad you updated this.

I tip my masterwork adamantine hat (which menaces with spikes of adamantine) to you, sir.

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2012, 06:06:29 pm »

This isnt working for me, it runs fine when i click it, but suddenly it opens mouse.ahk and then closes, any help?
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2012, 06:14:42 pm »

In the stockpile customization menus, I'm able to select the first two column's items fine with the mouse, but then when bringing the cursor over to the third column the highligh scrollls very quickly up and down.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2012, 06:30:20 pm »

This isnt working for me, it runs fine when i click it, but suddenly it opens mouse.ahk and then closes, any help?

Could you please give me some more information? Did you read the readme? What precisely is happening?

In the stockpile customization menus, I'm able to select the first two column's items fine with the mouse, but then when bringing the cursor over to the third column the highligh scrollls very quickly up and down.

Thanks for the catch, will be fixed next release.  8)

Edit: Hopefully. :-\

Edit2: Definitely now, DFs menu code is not what you'd call incredibly organized.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:45:52 pm by Shukaro »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2012, 06:34:41 pm »

I am just wrapping up everything, included your fancy little tool as well. The readme is still very tech heavy though, more for modders than for users. But then again there is not too much to say, except: Doubleklick launch, right-click ingame. ^^

btw: like the avatar
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14