Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Mouse Fortress v1.4d for DF 34.11 - Roller Coastery Wooh!  (Read 92618 times)

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Fortress v1.3 for DF 34.07 - Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework!
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2012, 08:47:06 am »

My Mouse tracking goes completely screwy when I have a siege, I think its probably related to low fps? Is this a known problem?

What kind of FPS are we talking about? What exactly does the cursor do?
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2012, 09:27:04 am »

It starts jumping/scattering when trying to draw a straight line, for example when marking designation to mine a wall out by 1 tile it will skip suddenly to the left or right of the line you are drawing. So you end up with a broken 1 tile line with blocks designated to the left and right out of alignment.
Like you've gotten the shakes. Basically it makes it impossible to control designations with the mouse during any low fps.  Its hard to explain, I hope that makes some sense. I can still do what I want obviously by marking the start point with the mouse, pressing enter then marking the end point - but you lose the close control.

It works perfectly otherwise, this seems to only happen when the fps drops to the low tens, like (for me at least) during a siege when you have a big fort full of dwarfs. I tried resetting the script and restarting the launch program. Neither fixes it. With the mod off the mouse behaves fine (as much as it can without your great mod anyway)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2012, 09:31:27 am »

Hi there.

Just wanted to say two things:

1. I did not get any negative feedback since the last 3 versions, so I would say your program is working as intended and not many bugs, if any, prevail.

2. 34.08 is out, and I hope the update will be as easy for you as before. I would like to include Mouse Fortress yet again in my mod, of course.

greets,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Fortress v1.3b for DF 34.08 - Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework!
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2012, 08:22:54 pm »

Alright, new version for 34.08 is now live! No new stuff, but a bunch of bug fixes. Enjoy!

Also, I'm looking into FPS related issues, and I think I may know what the cause is.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Mouse Fortress v1.3b for DF 34.08 - Roller Coastery Wooh!
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2012, 11:52:23 am »

Thanks a lot, is updated and added to my mix. Just dfhack missing now. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 pm »

For the 0.34.09, while waiting for the official release, you can put these values in the config.ini :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've taken the base address from the log of the DwarfTherapist, you can do the same or, as Shukaro says in the readme:
use any hex editor to open your Dwarf Fortress.exe and modify the value at 186 from 40 to 00.
and leave the base address at 400000

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2012, 07:58:57 am »

For the 0.34.10 the offsets seem to be unchanged.

You just have to change the base address in the config.ini (or the Dwarf Fortress.exe) as described in the previous post

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Fortress v1.4 for DF 34.10 - Roller Coastery Wooh!
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2012, 01:46:17 pm »

Alright, new version for 34.10 is live with a variety of tweaks. Notable changes include the addition of the lm and lk flags, which load different menu and key files, as well as a tray menu which lets you switch between any existing menu/key sets. I've also moved to github, so the latest version and any changes will always be found here: https://github.com/Shukaro/MouseFortress
Enjoy!

E: You can also post issues, make comments, fork branches, etc, if that's your cup of tea.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:48:35 pm by Shukaro »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2012, 09:48:47 pm »

Thanks for the update, will add it as always.:)

vonduus

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your captain speaking
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2012, 03:36:04 am »

Trying out the new version 1.4 for 34.10 - so far everything seems to work, except commands sent to DFHack. If I issue a dig vein command (or whatever) from the Mousefort menu, nothing happens in DFHack. If I manually enter the commmand in DFHack, it gets executed correctly. Note that I could not find any new version of DFHack, so the one I am using is the same old one I used in 34.07

As far as I can tell, the script is correct, this is the last bit of the last megaline in my copy of "DefaultFull.txt":

Code: [Select]
Confiscate Junk|DFHack|a(cleanowned scattered)
Vein Dig|DFHack|a(digvx)
Stonesense|DFHack|a(stonesense)
DFHack
|
Refresh Script||l
Exit Script||s

What happened to the script files? I find them very difficult to read now, after all the individual lines have merged into megastrings. Even the readme.txt and examples.txt is next to unreadable. Is there a utility that can unmerge the lines (other than the "insert code" function in SMF?)

Never mind, I'll manage somehow. It is just that I am very keen on experimenting with the new minecarts, so I really do not have the patience right now to try to understand the changed Mousefort format ;)

edit: I got the new DFHack for 34.10, still not working with Mousefort.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:27:55 am by vonduus »
DF: where imagination beats animation

Zulithe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2012, 07:53:45 am »

I clicked this topic because I thought it would be a Mouse Guard mod for DF :P (There is one that is poorly maintained though)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:55:30 am by Zulithe »

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse Fortress v1.4b for DF 34.10 - Roller Coastery Wooh!
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2012, 03:40:15 pm »

Another minor release. :)

Trying out the new version 1.4 for 34.10 - so far everything seems to work, except commands sent to DFHack. If I issue a dig vein command (or whatever) from the Mousefort menu, nothing happens in DFHack. If I manually enter the commmand in DFHack, it gets executed correctly. Note that I could not find any new version of DFHack, so the one I am using is the same old one I used in 34.07

As far as I can tell, the script is correct, this is the last bit of the last megaline in my copy of "DefaultFull.txt":

Code: [Select]
Confiscate Junk|DFHack|a(cleanowned scattered)
Vein Dig|DFHack|a(digvx)
Stonesense|DFHack|a(stonesense)
DFHack
|
Refresh Script||l
Exit Script||s

What happened to the script files? I find them very difficult to read now, after all the individual lines have merged into megastrings. Even the readme.txt and examples.txt is next to unreadable. Is there a utility that can unmerge the lines (other than the "insert code" function in SMF?)

Never mind, I'll manage somehow. It is just that I am very keen on experimenting with the new minecarts, so I really do not have the patience right now to try to understand the changed Mousefort format ;)

edit: I got the new DFHack for 34.10, still not working with Mousefort.

The lines all running together means you're using a text editor that doesn't support the text encoding used by github, so you'll want to use a better one to keep everything looking neat. I suggest Notepad++. If you save one of the files when the lines are merged together, very bad things will happen, so make sure to not do that. If, once you've redownloaded fresh files, DFHack still doesn't work, I'll need some additional information on the issue.

vonduus

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your captain speaking
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2012, 04:02:46 am »

I redownloaded Mousefort, and now DFHack works as advertized.

Btw, it seems my old problem with mouse tracking only working intermittently had something to do with Firefox. I have changed to Google Chrome, and now there is no problems any more when minimizing background applications. Mouse tracking does malfunction sometimes, but then it is only a question of reloading the script. I also have a very wobbly cursor when FPS goes below 10, but at such times the game is next to unplayable anyway, so this is not a serious problem, really.

Right now I have major problems understanding track laying and minecart scheduling, but that is certainly not Mouseforts fault ;)
DF: where imagination beats animation

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2012, 04:43:49 am »

Mouse support on dwarf fortress
We can build it, we have the technology!

MouseFort! HUZZAH! YAYNESS!
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2012, 09:15:43 am »

Offsets for 34.11 (in the config.ini file)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14