Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament  (Read 20696 times)

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament
« Reply #180 on: March 07, 2012, 08:37:03 pm »

Which god lets you do that?
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 07, 2012, 09:12:33 pm »

Yredelemnul.  I've switched over to Norris now who's also good.  Come to think of it I'm wasting a lot of piety on grabbing the coolest uniques, but it's totally worth it.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2012, 09:55:11 pm »

And there we go - victory!

I went with 4 runes. My character was probably strong enough that I could've tried for more runes, but in the end I decided to play it safe, since I really would not like to lose my character after all this.

At a mere 68,348 turns, it's the fastest ascent in our clan, although sadly not quite fast enough to make it on the scoreboard (last place there is 64,917)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2012, 10:23:57 pm »

To be honest, I've been a bit burned out on crawl so I haven't been playing the last few days, but I've decided to get back into it. I've only got a laptop available right now, so let's see if I can get used to vi keys.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2012, 10:25:40 pm »

Congrats on the victory!!!

On my side, I had the best run of my life on an Orc Priest. I had a good five or six loyal, powerful orc allies wandering around, one of which whom could summon imps/demons and raise the dead. So, obviously, I start thinking I can pull this off.

I then immediately fall down a shaft. While trying to get back to my allies, I fell down another shaft. Right into a room full of baddies, up to and including a four-headed hydra. I managed to teleport away enough to find the labyrinth on the level and clear it out, but I never came close to finding my allies again. I eventually ran into the hydra again, after making it up a level and promptly finding a shaft to drop me right back to the hydra, and died after getting surrounded by trolls, the hydra, and everything else the game could throw at me. :(

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »

Your efforts where not in vain Xgamer4, the vampires are now ahead of the recruits on the scoreboard  8)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2012, 11:14:12 pm »

Go vampires!

I have a sneaking feeling I could get a win on a centaur since centaurs are awesome (why had nobody told me this earlier) but I keep making dumb decisions.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2012, 12:06:32 am »

Yeah, I noticed that we're beating the Recruits now. Go Vampires!!

On another note, I forgive you, game. I started another Orc Priest. I opened one of those rooms that're completely full of enemies.

It was full of orcs. My current army, after I cleared out the room (and almost died, because I got cocky -_-;;)
1 Orc Knight
5 Orc Warriors
1 Orc Priest
1 Orc Wizard
14 Orcs

EDIT:

...And apparently my thought process was "This is going to well. I need to fix that." As I mindlessly chase after a fleeing enemy, straight into a horde of skeletal warriors and yaks. Who then obliterate half my army and cause me to start digging through my potions so I don't die. First potion I drink is a potion of confusion, I'm surrounded by my army and accidentally attack an orc... I hit... and immediately enter penance. I died very quickly after that.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:44:12 am by Xgamer4 »

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2012, 01:31:31 am »

Won once more, this time with an OpIE of Vehumet. Holy shit, the storms are good. Never had a decent character that could cast one before.

Interestingly enough, this win marks the point where half my wins have been in this tourney. I must have become a lot better recently or something, jeez.

Also, half our wins are mine once more. Muahahahahaha. :P

Edit: Oh, and congrats to AlStar! Good job!

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2012, 02:12:16 am »

Wow, congrats Kamina and AlStar. Looks like my ability time-wise to contribute to the tourney is almost over, so no miracle win for the last player in the Forgotten Beasts, sorry. Still, I said at the start I would be happy to get a rune this tourney, and indeed I have, so its not all bad.
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2012, 09:31:52 am »

Harold can put out quite a bit of damage, as it turns out.

In other news, demonic guardian is pretty awesome.  My sun demon ripped Gastronok a new one.  The first level was a bit annoying as it popped out an imp whenever something remotely threatening popped out, but level two waited until there was a serious threat.  It's nice to have allies against uniques and such.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 08, 2012, 12:23:38 pm »

I seem to be on a kick of demonspawn casters- even when they make me monstrous.

I wanted to go Chei (DS lends itself to UC, which I feel is a good hybrid candidate), but of all the altars, I can't find Chei!  I've searched all of D2-9 and the temple, and there isn't one.  That must mean I missed one behind a secret door somewhere- ugh.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2012, 01:38:07 pm »

Chie makes you slow, and being slow sucks. Also, why do you want to go chei? The stats bonuses don't really help you at all.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2012, 01:52:28 pm »

Because I've always wanted to get a good Chei character going.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 08, 2012, 02:11:54 pm »

Chei transmuter used to be pretty cool - his int boosts made all the forms easy to cast earlier, the str/dex boost put your blade hands damage through the roof (8 + str/3 + dex/3 + UC - so a 20 base damage boost) and you could escape with Spider Form (which melded your ponderous gear and boosted your speed).  Now, though, Chei slows you in spider form, so you'd have pretty much no escape options until you find blink...

In other news, 27 UC on my MiMo.  My current vanguard are 2 Profane Servitors (who are fucking ace... I think Umbra might give you a stealth boost although the learndb doesn't suggest this), a Bone Dragon and some other random gifted undead.  Unfortunately I lost my cool enslaved unique, so I'm currently on the lookout for a new one.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15