Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So this one Goblin fortress abducted almost half the town  (Read 865 times)

Die Nacht

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMUNE_TO_SOCIAL_LIFE]
    • View Profile
So this one Goblin fortress abducted almost half the town
« on: February 24, 2012, 02:01:14 am »

I was in a capital where, whenever I asked someone about family (children), they said "was abducted" by the same Dark Fortress (The high Priestess, poor girl, lost her husband to a war and then lost ALL her 4 children to snatchers, it was so sad).
Strange thing is, all of the abductors were either human or dwarf, not Goblin.

Also, all the people abducted were then murdered about a year later by a dwarf or human in the fortress!

Can someone explain wtf is happening there? Do goblins make their abducted people kill each other? (ala arena)?

Also, what is the difference between murdered and struck down? They were all murdered, no struck.

Also, the law-giver of the town was a vamp (killed him). Maybe that's why all of the abductions were happening (the leader doesn't give a Dwarf's arse about his people). Also, the vamp had killed 2000+ people in the town, most were probably his own military since they are close to him in the keep (which explains why there were so little solders in the keep; I took two of them with me, and they sucked btw). If he killed most of the army in the keep, then there was no one to stop the snatchers.
'rtg593' Bemongibruk, forumite cancels megaproject: interrupted by 0.34.01.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: So this one Goblin fortress abducted almost half the town
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 02:07:26 am »

abductees become members of the abducter goblin civ, and thus inherit the [BABYSNATCHER] tag, so they act as regular goblins and snatch babies.

goblins also habitually murder each other.

so yea, intended behavior.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:39:49 am »

Also, goblins are weaker than humans and dwarves, and between wars and crime the notable gobbo population will almost completely deplete itself after a few hundred years.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:11:49 pm »

Also, goblins are weaker than humans and dwarves, and between wars and crime the notable gobbo population will almost completely deplete itself after a few hundred years.

Tell me about it. Last night I was ambushed by a "goblin" bandit gang that consisted of two goblins and about a dozen dwarves. The leader was a speardwarf, even.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 12:39:12 pm »

perhaps this release, last version i had gobbos pretty much taking over the world.

of note, im trying some new things in updated goblin fortress.  hopefully i wont have to add no eat and drink tags to all the other races to keep them alive after snatching, as i did last version.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time