Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: You Are Freedom Fighter(The Docks(MHAG Patrol))!  (Read 20160 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Freedom Fighter(Al the Arms Dealer)!
« Reply #210 on: March 15, 2012, 06:27:46 pm »

"We can always get one of the unknown youngsters to either pickpocket or go up to one of the dirty officers with some bullshit story. One of us, sure they'd find strange, but some little dirt-covered kid with a sob-story about how his family died and he doesn't know where to go? It'll at least get the kid close enough to check 'em out, or plant something on them. If only we had a tracking device..."
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Freedom Fighter(Al the Arms Dealer)!
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2012, 02:12:43 pm »

The group once again leaves the warehouse, this time to hit up the port district for a little bit of recon. They keep to the back alleys, now darker then ever, due to the setting sun.

The docks are much like the slums, but the buildings and warehouses are not falling to wrack and ruin, and are rustier then any building in the ghetto. It seems like every business- from the import tobacco shop, to the nautical or Eastern themed bars and dives- is centered around the sea or the sailors coming in.

The Squad is the most obvious thing in the whole area, as it patrols the main streets, occasionally stopping to frisk a sailor, or apply a light buzz to beggars and drunks sleeping in public. The squad contains four Guardsmen, and most of are shiny and newly painted, and judging by the markings being in Old Centralis and English, instead of Eastern and English, of foreign import.

They only patrol the main roads and well-maintenanced docks, keeping out of back alleys or the ruined docks that collapse into the sea. They have a very fixed pattern of movement, which would be easy to use to the party's advantage.

What now?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 05:07:56 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Freedom Fighter(The Docks(MHAG Patrol))!
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2012, 07:00:39 pm »

Hmm, I say send in the youngsters to look around then report back to us what they overhear sailors discussing.

Find out where the MHAGs report to. They have to have a safe-zone, some point where they take breaks, resupply, or meet to change shifts/routes. This will ensure maximum destruction from the EMP mine, taking out at least two of the MHAGs.

OR, we can start a fire which all/most of them will investigate, then plant the mine in their path so is destroys 3-4 at once.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2012, 07:22:12 pm »

Zera speaks up about the patrol.
"Well, this squad isn't used to patrolling long, I'm guessing, and they just head back to the Police Headquarters at the end of their shifts. Hmm...seeing as most of the newer models have an on board GPS, they'll take the shorter route around...I'm guessing that it will be Aïkio or Doishira, both a quite a few blocks over, they'll take...but they're pretty public places with cams and everything."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 11:09:03 am by filiusenox »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2012, 07:55:13 pm »

Remember, we have CHILDREN. The perfect inconspicuous meatshields!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2012, 07:58:14 pm »

"We could have someone run up in a panic, yelling about some sort of violation, an assault or something, and send them running off into our trap. Ya think that would work?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2012, 08:12:31 pm »

"Someone give me matches, gas or a flare. I'll set a building on fire then they'll go investigate. We can send one of the little pissants to get their attention, crying about how men with guns invaded their house and took their mommy hostage, they'll eat that shit up. It'll get them to surround the building, which we can either circumvent or trap them while they figure out what to do. The least it'll do is cause a panic which will allow us to walk around freely within the crowds, unnoticed."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2012, 12:26:31 am »

"Fuckin' hell..." Sven hissed, shaking his head. "We know their route, just plant the EMP and get on with it. Enough with the theatrics."
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2012, 01:17:58 pm »

Which street would you plant it on then?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2012, 06:45:00 pm »

We should, preferably, plant the EMP at an intersection. This way once they've been shut down, even if they still have some fight left in them we can flank them with little difficulty.

Naturally, Sven will remain out of combat (he is unarmed, after all) and preferably unseen until the fight is over at which point he'll put his skills to work with any necessary HASTY repairs, as well as over-riding any security measures that may prevent our people from using our new human resources department. If we have anyone else who can hack/do mechanics, they should also be performing this task so we can get these things operational with greater speed.

Anybody have any disagreements with this?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2012, 12:18:33 pm »

Unless no one says anything, then I'll roll for which plan is used.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2012, 12:21:22 pm »

Erm. We're just going to plant it? Most of us, by the looks of it, wanted a distraction to provide the right place/time for a planting.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2012, 03:30:39 pm »

I think a distraction, especially the sort you specified, would not only be unnecessarily flashy but also would be likely to cause them to call in more enemies. Besides, if they're moving in a group and we can plant the EMP in a reasonable enough spot we shouldn't need a distraction- they'll get taken out right away and, since said spot will be tactically advantageous, any fight they have left should be easily dealt with.

I don't care, of course. Light a building on fire and have them call help in, I'm just suggesting something practical.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2012, 03:47:26 pm »

>_> Well they want them gone. For good. So they can bring shipments through. I'd assume by the language that they wouldn't bring in reinforcements, cause I figure MHAGs aren't exactly the most common thing in the world, where they can easily shift some around and just keep throwing more at you. If they *are* that common, then the RP has been misleading and it totally changes the dynamics of the game.

If what I understood is true, they want us to get rid of the MHAGs. I don't quite think a random fire would automatically bring in legions of more MHAGs when there are already 4 there. If the MHAGs disappear and don't clock in, they'll send in reinforcements anyway, so it'd be smartest to attack them right AFTER they go to their spot, where they'd undoubtedly clock in and report to their commanding officer. OR, tactically, we attack them just before, and catch them tired, irritable, possibly sleep-deprived, and in an easier state to outsmart.

Bah, whatever. Fuck strategy. Lets just blow them up. :P

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2012, 04:32:50 pm »

I can support the "just before", if we don't want to keep the MHAGs and are willing to move with clock against us.

Otherwise, I suppose just after they clock in might be a good idea as well.

Either way, I'm still opposed to a fire. I'd rather they send in reinforcements based on a few missing mechs than reinforcements based on a few missing mechs and a raging inferno.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17