Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So what IS a capital?  (Read 987 times)

Die Nacht

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMUNE_TO_SOCIAL_LIFE]
    • View Profile
So what IS a capital?
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:59:38 pm »

I read in the wiki that the capital is where the monarch is. But when asking people for the capital, they point to some near by town (the regional capital?). So how do I find the REAL capital of the civ? I thought it would be the first one founded, but then I remembered Monarchs can move.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:26:55 pm by Die Nacht »
'rtg593' Bemongibruk, forumite cancels megaproject: interrupted by 0.34.01.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: So what IS a capital?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 04:46:43 am »

The capital is just a kind of main-town, i havent ever seen any monarchs tough, but there usually is a law-giver, it is the capital.
not the regional capital, df doesnt have provinces as far as i know.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:31:19 am »

Monarch can be a King, Queen, Lady, Law-Giver, etc..I believe.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 02:56:02 pm »

But when asking people for the capital, they point to some near by town (the regional capital?). So how do I find the REAL capital of the civ?

It is because there are multiple independent human civilizations each with their own capital.
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 03:02:20 pm »

And usually the capital is surrounded by multiple hamlets ...
so if you believe to be in the capital and they point you to another city,it might be that you are just in a hamlet next to the capital
(you know that you really are in the capital if, upon asking, the person says: "This is [name of the city you are in]")

Die Nacht

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMUNE_TO_SOCIAL_LIFE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 05:26:45 pm »

So is it a game feature that I always spam near a capital? Some civs expand over several continents or even island, yet it seems I'm always near the "capital" when I start.
'rtg593' Bemongibruk, forumite cancels megaproject: interrupted by 0.34.01.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 05:35:56 pm »

Nope, this is either good luck on your side, or each civilization has fixed spawn points.
My adventurers only rarely spawn near a civs capital.

But I usually change the civ they spawn in, so I donīt know if it may be that you always get the same starting location if you choose the same civ again