Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I had a great first expereince to adventure mode.  (Read 4447 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I had a great first expereince to adventure mode.
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 08:19:39 am »

I've played one game where, if you had two shields you'd actually tie one on your back, taking it out when the other shield was bashed useless, but it still acted like a shield, so sometimes you'd take it out and wonder where those 5 arrows came from. That would be nice here too, with shots in the back often fracturing your spine.
Mount & Blade?
I used to play Warband during the closed beta - Good times!

I liked shooting people with a crossbow several hundred feet away. Goodtimes.
That game is so much fun, it should be illegal.

The crossbow in that game is not as lethal as it should be, but I guess it IS still a fantasy game.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 08:22:52 am »

Just want to say that as a legendary thrower, I've never been able to hit a prone target.
theres currently a glitch with sneaking people using ranged against prone targets, makes it impossible to hit them even if your standing right next to them.

and my thought on going prone was go prone for one turn so they are more likely to miss so even if you don't have much dodge or block skill you have a chance of not being shot in the face
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 12:03:05 am »

The only real way I see to deal with a bowman is to bypass all his buddies and choke him, you dont need to kill him as long as he nods out you can usually take care of everyone else and get back to him later
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

Haus Party

• Bay Watcher
  • Haus cancels Write paper: Taken by Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 03:25:17 am »

The only real way I see to deal with a bowman is to bypass all his buddies and choke him, you dont need to kill him as long as he nods out you can usually take care of everyone else and get back to him later

See, I just move in and spear him once in each arm. No more crossbow, no more problems.

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 04:47:38 am »

See, I just move in and spear him once in each arm. No more crossbow, no more problems.

Yeah, I usually go for damage to both arms, or at least damage to a leg so that the archer gets slowed down a bit (fewer arrows, yay!). I don't care if I've got two bandit leaders a few steps behind me, one with a masterpiece steel 2h sword and the other with a masterpiece steel pike, the archer is attacked FIRST!.
Pages: 1 2 [3]