Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunting Beasts  (Read 699 times)

kiaser90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hunting Beasts
« on: February 23, 2012, 06:14:38 pm »

I have not received any quests to kill exotic creatures (aside from vampires).  Mainly just bandits and my character is a 'Legend'.  Do you eventually start getting quests to kill dragons, minotaur, hydra, demons, etc or do you need to try to hunt them out yourself?  If so how might i track them down?  Thanks.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting Beasts
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 06:26:18 pm »

I'm not sure, but the order of quests can be a bit random. Maybe from what attacked more the population or something.

One thing is for sure: the more "legendary" the beast is, the better "legendary" status you need. Then, sooner or later people will ask you to kill Hydras and stuff (if they exist).
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 06:45:29 pm »

talk to the law givers, and all the priests, sometimes, they will each give you a different quest. if you are still getting vampire quests from them, and they are in awe when you address them, then you should move to a different area and see if you get better luck there... some places just don't really have dragons and stuff.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

kiaser90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 06:51:01 pm »

Ok thanks.  Also, are there always capital cities.  Mostly what i see around are hamlets, towns, and keeps.  Maybe i need to find a city for the better quests.  I've started a new character though, so i'll have to grind through some quests to get powerful again.  I stopped the world gen around year 60 while still in the myth era.  My goal is to kill as many legendary beasts as possible.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 06:54:11 pm »

sometimes the keep will be the capital and there will be no city. (this happened when i was playing around with worldgen)
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 11:52:31 pm »

Megabeasts tend to get killed off in worldgen in the latest version again. Toady fixed a bug where there weren't any beast hunters in worldgen.

There simply isn't anything else for you to kill.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.