Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Giant Thrips  (Read 2732 times)

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Giant Thrips
« on: February 23, 2012, 02:58:04 am »

Right, so the elves bought me a Giant Thrips, apparently it is an exotic pet as well as an exotic mount.

"[DESCRIPTION:A huge monster in the form of a thrips.]"

Plus is also has a Prolific Breeder tag too, so I naturally assume this guy(gal?) is pretty fertile.

Now, it says its "[CHANGE_BODY_SIZE_PERC:20000700]"

And its "[BODY_SIZE:0:0:1]" (for run of the mill thrips)

I don't really know what those two numbers mean in relation to how big it is per-say, but judging from the weight of the cage, 2401 dwarf-pounds (what unit of measurement do dwarves use anyways?), I would have to say it is somewhere around the size of an adult Elephant! 

This is where things get interesting!

Since a Giant thrips copies all of its tags from a regular thrips and doesn't exlude them, this gives them, ontop of their massive(?) size: [FLIER] [NO_SLEEP] [NOBONES].  A flying massive bug (fuck ground types)!

My question is namely this,

[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON] [GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS] [GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT] [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE] [PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]

Does this mean this creature has a poision-type attack? 

Aside from that, going to use some !!SCIENCE!! and see if these things are badass or not (do they breed alone or with a mate?).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Thrips
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:02:14 am »

Right, so the elves bought me a Giant Thrips, apparently it is an exotic pet as well as an exotic mount.

"[DESCRIPTION:A huge monster in the form of a thrips.]"

Plus is also has a Prolific Breeder tag too, so I naturally assume this guy(gal?) is pretty fertile.

I don't really know what those two numbers mean in relation to how big it is per-say, but judging from the weight of the cage, 2401 dwarf-pounds (what unit of measurement do dwarves use anyways?), I would have to say it is somewhere around the size of an adult Elephant! 

This is where things get interesting!

Since a Giant thrips copies all of its tags from a regular thrips and doesn't exlude them, this gives them, ontop of their massive(?) size: [FLIER] [NO_SLEEP] [NOBONES].  A flying massive bug (fuck ground types)!

My question is namely this,

[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON] [GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS] [GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT] [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE] [PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]

Does this mean this creature has a poision-type attack? 

Aside from that, going to use some !!SCIENCE!! and see if these things are badass or not (do they breed alone or with a mate?).

No, it doesnt have a poison attack, that just puts it in the GENERAL_POISON poison class, so you can define all things to be affected by poison in a single token.
Wound infects and infections from rot are pretty obvious, they make the shallow cut so deadly. pus is if IT gets a syndrome that makes wounds ooze.
It only has a syndrome if you can find a material whit the [SYNDROME] tag in it, and some more tokens under the syndrome tag. (such as [SYN_INJECTED] or [CE_BLEEDING:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:20:PEAK:50:END:100])
ofcourse, you can always mod them to get a syndrome attack, the syndrome page on the wiki has some nice info about that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:09:18 am »

I see!

I would be more than happy to be able to breed my own air-force of huge flying bugs though, if that is the case!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 03:10:34 am »

Yeah I bought a giant thrips from the elves. For me it looks horse-sized. It's dead now. What I have observed :

-Giant thrips are quite fast. They can catch up with a fleeing kobold.
-Giant thrips wrestle opponents, as much as this makes no sense coming from an unintelligent insect... they might push but i've never observed them.
-Giant thrips live a few years, nothing more.

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 03:14:46 am »

-Giant thrips live a few years, nothing more.

Well, that sucks!

At least for these short few years I can turn one of my dwarves (probably a farmer) into a "Bug Trainer" and have him do battle for me!

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 04:00:40 am »

It means that the other animal is 20000700 percent larger than the original or, to put it another way, it's 200007 times as large.

Size 2000007 puts it at between three to four times the size of a dwarf or the same size as a lion.