Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The great lair wall of Ozbostu  (Read 3443 times)

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
The great lair wall of Ozbostu
« on: February 23, 2012, 01:19:42 am »

WHAT THE HELL YOU HUMAN PEASANT "NIGHT CREATURES" ALL I WANT TO DO IS TRAVEL TO THE CITY

Is this a glitch in the matrix?

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The great lair wall of Ozbostu
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 02:13:14 am »

I've noticed this as well. What I think is happening is that due to the were-beast exponential reduplication bug (which makes cursed beasts populate out of control) way too many peasants are getting cursed.  So almost every village, hamlet, town, and city i've come to is surrounded by a few dozen lairs each with a peasant or two to kill. It's not difficult to defeat.. unless you have the bad luck of trying to get through during the full moon.
Playing since 2007

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:40:08 am »

You could just leave fast travel and hoof it past the lairs on foot. Takes like a minute maybe.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 04:02:25 am »

You could just leave fast travel and hoof it past the lairs on foot. Takes like a minute maybe.

And on the way there kill a few naked peasants whit ease, getting you some extra followers once you arrive.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 04:18:33 am »

I had a city with a bandit camp in view range of the keep, Fun was had.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 06:49:04 am »

People always have so many were beasts, find strange vampires.... I want too!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 07:17:23 am »

sadly i'm having the very opposit problem at the moment, i have almost no were-beasts and not many vampires, i managed to find a vampire to strangle for a wile for some extra wrestling skill and then cut it in half and filled my water skin with its blood so i can be a vampire when i want to, so its all good.

had to go get another water container tho, got me a bucket.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 05:20:01 pm »

sadly i'm having the very opposit problem at the moment, i have almost no were-beasts and not many vampires, i managed to find a vampire to strangle for a wile for some extra wrestling skill and then cut it in half and filled my water skin with its blood so i can be a vampire when i want to, so its all good.

quivers are nice water containers too, take up a chest slot though.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 05:45:06 pm »

...Just walk past them??

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 09:20:30 pm »

I'm not saying it's impossible to get through, my silly forum goers, but it is annoying when you discover a lair every direction you go :P

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 09:52:39 pm »

I agree that it is a bit extreme ...
in my current world there is a hamlet which has 4 or 5 rows of lairs north of it,
about 8 lairs wide

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 10:05:37 pm »

Barrels are even better. Sometimes, out-of-stock market stalls have barrels that you can easily walk away with.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 11:41:30 pm »

'Chest slot'? I'm pretty sure you can wear as many quivers as you can find, regardless of how many pieces of chest armor/clothes you are wearing.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 11:56:38 pm »

yes but do to oddity they seem to 'sometimes' prevent you from equipping one of the possible total chest armors. depends on the order you put them on i think.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 09:59:50 am »

I'm not saying it's impossible to get through, my silly forum goers, but it is annoying when you discover a lair every direction you go :P

I think it has something to do with fashion. Were-centipedes are so in this year. It should pass soon enough.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.