Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible to kill mummy's?  (Read 3259 times)

snpaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is it possible to kill mummy's?
« on: February 23, 2012, 12:46:03 am »

Or am I just wasting my time? I've been pretty much save scumming for a while now, me and my posse have been trying kill a mummy for at least 15 mins, is this one of those battles you just can't win?

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to kill mummy's?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 12:51:00 am »

I heard you either need to decapitate it, or bisect it.
Try and recruit tons of people, and lure them towards the mummy, so they will get cursed instead of you.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 12:52:56 am »

Try to cut his head off. But generally they aren'r worth the hassle. The fun is in loot their tumbs without awakening them.

snpaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 12:59:40 am »

Try to cut his head off. But generally they aren'r worth the hassle. The fun is in loot their tumbs without awakening them.

Wow , that's really disappointing to me, since the mummy's gigantic tomb only contained meager items in it. I find it weird that a mummy is harder to kill then a titan standing on a dragon while riding on a roc.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 01:19:17 am »

Wow , that's really disappointing to me, since the mummy's gigantic tomb only contained meager items in it. I find it weird that a mummy is harder to kill then a titan standing on a dragon while riding on a roc.
those dont curse you to make the RNG hate you.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

yamamushi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 01:20:30 am »

I'm onto the second mummy in the catacombs I'm currently raiding, the first one took about 30 minutes to take down. I cut off every single one of it's limbs, and finally managed to decapitate it when it was just an upper torso connected to a head. That finally did the trick.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:09:35 am »

Hm,
maybeit´s because I usually make demigods as adventurer,
but I didn´t have a problem killing mummies...
usually they die within a few strikes with a longsword or helbard.

Unfortunately it is usually the skeletons which were raised by the mummy, that kill my adventurer afterwards

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 10:16:25 am »

usually they die within a few strikes with a longsword or helbard.

Sharp weapons are important (and yes, weapon skill helps). My first fight with a mummy was with a whip. I lost.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 11:14:45 am »

Yes.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 11:16:31 am »

Fighting mummies kills any hope you have of getting a truly legendary character. MY most recent character, i started with very low on every stat and 0 on all skills but reading, then worked my way up to legendary wrestler/shield/dodge/sword/swim/ambush.fighter/armor, and on the way i killed a mummy. But if i take on more than 3 enemies in an enclosed space i'll die because the damn curse will kick in, so far i have found no way t remove it including, turning into a were creature  and learning the secrets of life and death.... but i did kill that one mummy.... not worth it.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 04:01:02 pm »

Curses are the new infected toes.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 05:33:44 pm »

Fighting mummies kills any hope you have of getting a truly legendary character. MY most recent character, i started with very low on every stat and 0 on all skills but reading, then worked my way up to legendary wrestler/shield/dodge/sword/swim/ambush.fighter/armor, and on the way i killed a mummy. But if i take on more than 3 enemies in an enclosed space i'll die because the damn curse will kick in, so far i have found no way t remove it including, turning into a were creature  and learning the secrets of life and death.... but i did kill that one mummy.... not worth it.

I kill mummies all the time by sneaking up near them and throwing crap to cripple them.  When they are sufficiently injured to the point of my hits being easy to make, I run up and cut them in half with a two handed weapon. 

Mummies are really obnoxious that they are the only opponents that will follow you around even when they can't see you in stealth.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 05:43:31 pm »

Curses = Death sentence

Sneak everywhere and let your peasant meatshield take the curses.