Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: On a quest to kill a vampire - can't find her!  (Read 13091 times)

MrCompassionate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On a quest to kill a vampire - can't find her!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 06:10:42 pm »

I have a new problem. Apparently this random river with cliffs is really important because the objective marker is over it but there is no sign of vampires at all, the game says it isn't a lair and I cant see one. Am I missing something? Is the thing not here or is it like... hunting right now?
NOW THE DEMONS OF THE UNDERWORLD SHALL SHARE IN MY HELL! NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A RAVEN CORPSE! NOTHING!

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 01:44:49 am »

Man what a necro.

Objective markers are wonky, it basically just means the town its on not that the vampire is in that exact spot. If you go to the people living there and ask if they need help they will start direction you to the house its in instead of giving you a new quest. Look for flashing citizens and accuse them.

scionkirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 01:06:56 pm »

I was looking for a vampire once, and I came across two bowmen in a house and asked them to join.  Then I kept looking for the vampire.  I just couldn't find him.  Then it occurred to me - one of my bowmen was the vampire.  I guess accuse someone before asking them to join, just to be sure.

The Cafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 04:22:17 pm »

I was looking for a vampire once, and I came across two bowmen in a house and asked them to join.  Then I kept looking for the vampire.  I just couldn't find him.  Then it occurred to me - one of my bowmen was the vampire.  I guess accuse someone before asking them to join, just to be sure.
A vampire companion, especially one that can fight, is a very worthwhile companion, for they won't be killed as easily, and are usually very experienced in their field. Besides, you can get rid of them anytime you want by accusing them in safe locations.

ÆthintheEevee

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn them with FIRE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 04:28:03 pm »

I was playing, and I came across a task to kill a vamp. I found the guy, and as my game is modded, used my super bronze collossusy strength to punch through his face. Then I learned something: Bronze Colossi can drink blood. A vampire statue... the lols.
"Aliens: Death is coming for you."
"Out of grenades!" Throws Eevee.
What is this?! This isn't XCOM! Where are the deaths, the screams, the bodies of humanities "finest"? 

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 07:53:43 pm »

Bronze Colossi can drink blood.

Course they can, the bastards...I've lost so many forts to them I just cage or entomb them now.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 08:10:03 am »

Sometimes, quest targets just aren't there.

It may be that you have to swim underwater through long, airless tunnels is the only way to find your quarry. Being a vampire really helps with that, not needing to breath and all.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.
Pages: 1 [2]