Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: necro towers safe for item storage?  (Read 1876 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
necro towers safe for item storage?
« on: February 22, 2012, 05:44:49 pm »

i cant seem to find any lairs anywhere on my current world and am not sure if there even are any due to the fact that bogeymen aren't attacking so i wana know if i can take over a necro tower and store my head collection and whatnot inside the tower.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
Re: necro towers safe for item storage?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 07:27:00 pm »

Go to a town and repeatedly ask a towns person about surroundings, that will reveal lairs to you.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 08:18:44 pm »

i know how to find lairs and i sat for like half an hr hitting both my enter keys as quickly as i could, no lairs within a LARGE distance, i was wondering if necro towers work just as well or not.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 09:08:32 pm »

Well since books and corpses don't despawn, neither should your stuff. Also, Toady made it so that objects placed by adventurers never despawn, which I believe is on the changelog. I managed to personally test this after dyingmultiple times to a titan and finding all of my previous adventurers' bodies where I died at, as well as their gear.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 09:15:41 pm »

Well since books and corpses don't despawn, neither should your stuff. Also, Toady made it so that objects placed by adventurers never despawn, which I believe is on the changelog. I managed to personally test this after dyingmultiple times to a titan and finding all of my previous adventurers' bodies where I died at, as well as their gear.

not really the de-spawn i'm worried about i knew it was dealt with but items dropped in some places still tend to scatter like in bandit camps, the items from all the bandits will scatter all over the campsite.
but i guess that shouldn't be a problem with a necro tower. so i think i might go take me one or 2 towers, or all the towers.

oh yea, they cant animate the many MANY heads i am carrying with me at the time as long as i don't drop them right? :3

nvm, i found out for myself, they ALL shuddered and began to move, it was 3 pages :s
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 09:38:39 pm by Xotano »

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 09:43:23 pm »

What about abandoned fortresses?
After all I observed items you deposit there will stay where they are till you return
(at least if you deposit them in one of the central houses/towers

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 10:02:49 pm »

What about abandoned fortresses?
After all I observed items you deposit there will stay where they are till you return
(at least if you deposit them in one of the central houses/towers
that would work too, i couldnt find the book i wanted in the necro tower but i was told any book having to do with death would work, so i have "death infamous" in my left hand now, and think i lost a few of my many many collected heads :(

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 10:41:25 pm »

Interactions can target any carried or stored items. Sort of like how your adventure can look a dozen tiles away and count the number of arrows a guy has in his quiver.  The up side is, if you're a necromancer yourself, you don't have to dump all those heads out of your backpack to animate them.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 07:31:49 am »

Interactions can target any carried or stored items. Sort of like how your adventure can look a dozen tiles away and count the number of arrows a guy has in his quiver.  The up side is, if you're a necromancer yourself, you don't have to dump all those heads out of your backpack to animate them.

i might not even animate them actually, they are slow and not that great for killin stuff, its more of just a thing i like to collect :3