Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Undead vs HFS?  (Read 4101 times)

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
Undead vs HFS?
« on: February 22, 2012, 04:15:47 pm »

Has anyone survived in an undead-spawning region long enough to dig down to candy? 

A friend and I were discussing what would happen if you dug down to the spire, opened up a path to the surface, sealed yourself off from the rest of the world, except for one sacrificial miner, and opened the HFS to a surface full of zombies.

Assuming they were hostile to each other, the battle would be epic.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Undead vs HFS?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 04:17:11 pm »

I know husks (or thralls?) can beat the mess out of the circus I'm not sure about generic zombies but I imagine it has alot to do with what kind they are.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:18:08 pm »

Undead are weak compared to husks and thralls.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:30:17 pm »

Moreover, how about throwing a husk or two, and then throwing a necromancer down after, so you have get zombie HFS?

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 05:22:37 pm »

Yeah. Find my Husk science thread. Should be a page or two back. Its how i ended my first !!SCIENCE!! station.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 09:22:40 pm »

I remember everyone saying they were going to try weaponize the undead to fight the HFS, now we're weaponizing the HFS to try and stop the undead :d

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 09:27:33 pm »

I remember everyone saying they were going to try weaponize the undead to fight the HFS, now we're weaponizing the HFS to try and stop the undead :d

This is why Dwarf Fortress is awesome.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 09:42:54 pm »

Based on some weird reports I got after exposing the circus (via designation on an unexplored circus level, hear the bug's fixed now), I believe zombies and HFS aggro on each other-- was getting some combat reports from down there.

The other thing it suggests is that HFS can zombify.

I'm not sure that replacing your undead and HFS, separated by miles of rock, with undead and undead HFS on your surface, is such a good idea.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 12:16:26 am »

I'm not sure that replacing your undead and HFS, separated by miles of rock, with undead and undead HFS on your surface, is such a good idea.

Since when has Dwarf Fortress been about not attempting bad ideas?
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 12:25:31 am »

For the sake of dwarven ‼SCIENCE‼, I'm going to embark near a tower, make a gigantic arena, cage every zombie I can get, and dig to the HFS and capture some of the clowns.

And I'll throw them to arena. Let's see if zombies make clowns zombies. If so, fun is surely ensured.
:3

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 01:06:19 am »

Based on some weird reports I got after exposing the circus (via designation on an unexplored circus level, hear the bug's fixed now), I believe zombies and HFS aggro on each other-- was getting some combat reports from down there.

Mother of God.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 08:46:17 am »

Mother of God.

This. Must. HAPPEN.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 09:09:03 am »

For the sake of dwarven ‼SCIENCE‼, I'm going to embark near a tower, make a gigantic arena, cage every zombie I can get, and dig to the HFS and capture some of the clowns.

And I'll throw them to arena. Let's see if zombies make clowns zombies. If so, fun is surely ensured.

Try to zombify a were-creature, make sure arms are lopped off sufficiently, watch dwarven cloning.
free zombies

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 11:47:57 am »

Mother of God.

This. Must. HAPPEN.

Yes, this was my main curiosity about pitting HFS vs Zombies.  If HFS can zombify, I'd love to see that happen, then wait for a goblin ambush while I'm hidden away in my sealed-off fortress.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 12:12:13 pm »

Try to zombify a were-creature, make sure arms are lopped off sufficiently, watch dwarven cloning.
free zombies

Great plan.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)
Pages: [1] 2