Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Deity/demon damage resistance  (Read 2142 times)

Cbast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Deity/demon damage resistance
« on: February 22, 2012, 04:02:33 pm »

I mean, what ? I've broken almost all of his bones, bruised all his muscles, stabbed his head 15 time with a two handed iron sword and headshotted him with iron bolt. Even more funny, his wool armor can deflect all slash attack of my sword. The only effective ones are the stab and the pommel strike.

I've also thrown thousands of bolt at his face. He's still able to dodge and struggle for his armor pieces. I can't manage to grab them. Even though my character has superhuman strength.

He also had bleed and heavy bleed throughout the battle but no blood was lost on the ground. Looks like a big lie :L
Oh, and I didn't manage to choke his throat hard enough to make him pass out so... I don't really know how to finish him.

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deity/demon damage resistance
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 04:12:47 pm »

Have you tried fire? Like, igniting something around him? Is that possible?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Cbast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 04:13:47 pm »

We are indoor.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:15:22 pm »

I have the very same problem. I was going to post asking for suggestions too.
Even funnier: I did the same things as you. I'm Legendary Thrower/Superhuman Strenght and I can kill Titans throwing anything at them..
But there's only one single demon, a war-leader from an almost-dead Goblin civ, that just don't die.

I thought about this too:
Have you tried fire? Like, igniting something around him? Is that possible?

And if nothing works, I'll make a fort and wait for him to come, then kill him with arrows, super-soldiers, deathtraps...
If it still doesn't work..I guess I'll have to atom-smash him out of existance.

I'd love to hear any other suggestions though.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Cbast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 04:16:42 pm »

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one :3 I just tried about the fire, it says that I don't feel safe enough to make fire. :[

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 04:28:39 pm »

Try to Ignite something (a tree or a shrub). Fireplaces can't burn things. I will try it now too.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Cbast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 04:43:31 pm »

I've just managed to slash his feet several times and I cut his left hand off. I wonder if all theses hit weakened his armor ? Anyway I'll keep going. Since I'm necromancer I won't die from starvation. It's a death battle between a demi-god and a demon .P

... Nevermind he just bled to death o_O...

VICTORY !

Fun fact : When I try to keep his body in my inventory my speed goes from 1712 to 212 :L
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:51:12 pm by Cbast »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 05:01:53 pm »

Nice job! I did the same thing - managed to cut one of his hands and kept fighting until he bled out.

Finally! :D

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 05:33:52 pm »

Yeah I think in such cases as this it would be advisable to do two things: First, to strip all his clothes off via wrestling, and two, to cut his throat open. Can't go wrong that way :D

Cbast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 06:56:57 pm »

Well believe me or not but I failed every struggle to get his armor pieces and attacking his throat end up attacking his head (which never break like I said in the OP). :I

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 07:24:59 pm »

Yeah.  That's why they call 'em deities, I suppose.  I imagine fire would have been most effective though, considering it is made of green ferns.  Admittedly, not the no.1 ingredients for demons, but I guess he does did blend in with gobbos.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 07:48:27 pm »

i had a demon composed of some kind of metal once cant remember which.

however a liberal application of artifact platinum warhammer looted from an old fort quickly resolved his whole living problem.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 08:50:37 pm »

Yeah.  That's why they call 'em deities, I suppose.  I imagine fire would have been most effective though, considering it is made of green ferns.  Admittedly, not the no.1 ingredients for demons, but I guess he does did blend in with gobbos.

I tried burning "my" Demon but he didn't catch on fire, neither did his clothes.
But a gobbo that was standing beside him in the fire died and got all his items/corpse destroyed.

Cbast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 08:53:18 pm »

Also I tried to raise the dead demon but it didn't work. He does not appear as a corpse allowed to be raised. What a pity :L

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 09:02:17 pm »

The cause of your troubles is that it has this in its raws:
Code: [Select]
[NATURAL_SKILL:WRESTLING:14]
 [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:14]
 [NATURAL_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE:14] 
 [NATURAL_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE:14]
 [NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:14] 
 [NATURAL_SKILL:RANGED_COMBAT:14]
 [NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:14](
 [NATURAL_SKILL:SITUATIONAL_AWARENESS:14]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:10000000]

So, it has the body size of a whale/giant, is a grand master at many combat skills, and clothing scales to the wearer. Know how you can't wear a dwarf's shirt if you are playing as a human? This guy's whale-sized shirt is a deflector shield against most attacks. If a human sized shirt weighs about 1kg, his shirt weighs 780 kg. How do you expect to penetrate armor that weighs almost a ton??
Pages: [1] 2