Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Razed buildings.  (Read 982 times)

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary elf skin tanner
    • View Profile
Razed buildings.
« on: February 22, 2012, 11:39:05 am »

Some giants 10 years ago razed a lot of shop in the only human city, they have rebuilt 3 of them, but they don't have armor shops. What if I turn my dwarves into invincible, no hunger, no thirst, and wait for 100 years?

Will they rebuild tham or expand?

Also currently I can't chose elves, because they are defeated, but, there are still elf children out there approx. 30. When they gor up, will they found a new civilization?

Goblin civ is still listed, but I have killed them all, in fortress mode will they attack?

Also my adventurer killed the last demon, ending the age of demon and titan. Age of dwarves has come, but if my dwarves release another demon and got killed, will another age of demon come?
Szuvas Fogbank the Skinny Innocent Inn-Dinner of Spinning

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!
The lower body flies off in an arc!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Razed buildings.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:57:03 am »

I don't think they will expand or repair the town since it seems to me that the world just stops doing stuff once you make an adventurer. They just sit around waiting for you to show up so they can send you to some waiting night creature or bandit leader. (I don't know if it is possible for rampages or battles between civs to occur after the world has been genned. DOES any npc actually go around doing things themselves after the world is made?)

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 12:46:33 pm »

Could somebody with more experiance in this answer these questions?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:50:04 pm by towerdude »

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 02:02:31 pm »

As far as i am aware, they wont rebuild it, and armor/weaponsmiths are very rare to begin whit.
Those elves wont go out and start a new civilization, they will probably still stay in the town and become merchants or peasants.
Not alot will change, im not even sure if new law-givers will be created once you kill one of them.
Better go find a diffrent town or head down into the dungeons for some neat armor.
(if you find an overlord or commander, run. they are unstoppable war-machines if you dont have any companions, and they still are if you do.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 02:32:45 pm »

worldgen type events do not happen after worldgen ends.  the world is frozen aside from things that you do in fortress or adventurer mode.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 07:05:29 pm »

Well the elves are not in the city because, they are at war with the humans. They are in their forest retreat. It is listed on the map, but I can't choose playing elf.

By the way its a pocket world, and has only 1 town per civ.