Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261001 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Week 5 - TT S5, W4
« Reply #2025 on: June 18, 2015, 01:13:18 pm »

THE_SLAYA and I played our match, ending 3-3 after a few hours of connection issues. One of those games where you play terribly, but at the end Nuffle's like "You sucked, but hey, you don't have to lose!" and I didn't, because elves.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: June 20, 2015, 04:33:57 pm »

We move for nobody 2 - 1 Da grin party

Through a combination of luck and skill, the game went back and forth. Sinistar scored a 1 turn TD on the first turn of the game, after giving one of my blockers a BH with his chainsaw. I managed to push through the goblins and score a touchdown myself during the rest of the first half. During the second half it became a slugfest with the fanatic knocking through my blockers and not breaking their armor while the trolls push around my hobgoblins. Eventually I managed to get a second TD with two turns left on the clock, after Sinistar had exhausted all of his rerolls and I only had 1 left. I managed to get most of the useful goblin players on the ground before the last round, and the game ended with the pogoer failing to pick up the ball.

Notable injuries: none, all badly hurts, though at least two of my players will be leveling up before next game

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: June 20, 2015, 06:55:18 pm »

THE DWARVES FINALLY HAVE A LEVEL UP!!!!

Otherplayers and I played our match ending in a 2-0 win for me because the dwarves finally did dwarfy things. I scored in the first half after removing some thralls (-MV and -AV injuries) and a vampire (double dead but regenerated). The score was pretty unusual as one of my blockers managed to catch the ball after it was knocked out of my runners hands and sprint (at 4 squares per turn) into the endzone. The next half was tough for the vamps as their first turn ended with a turnover on a failed 2 or 3+ catch roll. This let me increase my player advantage and surround the outmanned vampires leading to a defensive score in the second half.
The deathroller managed to level up along with the runner (who got +AGI!) and one blocker. hopefully now that I have some guard I'll be able to start punching more guys!(:

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2028 on: June 21, 2015, 03:11:35 am »

While part of me doesn't want to say it, I must admit that our game was pretty fun in the end. One of those games where luck is really fickle, but instead of just shanking you over it also gives you opportunity for silly silly stuff. My 1TTD was like that - first, I had to re-roll to even pick the ball (+3 roll which is in fact +4, I'm slowly getting used to that), but then both troll-throw and 2 GFIs were executed perfectly. Next turn, my chainsaw guy (which I managed to keep thanks to bribes) managed to knock-down bull centaur (after already BH-ing a dwarf drive before)... only to roll 1 for two consecutive turns when trying to use his tool, eventually knocking himself out (or was it dwarfs that did that?). Anyways, couldn't stop the dwarf push and score was soon 1 - 1.

3rd drive I tried 1TTD again, but the goblin didn't manage to land on his feet properly, dropping the ball in the process. It was just few turns before first half ended so I managed to hold on.

4 drive was me kicking and the dice let Aslandus place on of his guys under the ball, but he failed at catching it. This drive was pretty interesting, I've managed to put up quite the resistance. Fanatic being absolutely fantastic for once, though yeah, couldn't punch through dwarf armor - still, he kept the other team busy. I also at one point successfully blitzed the ball carrier with a troll... but naturally, the ball rolled straight into the hands of a chaos dwarf few steps away. In my postion, I'd pass the ball further to bull centaur that was beside, but Aslandus decided to play it safe. I've had some chances still, however, my trolls went stupid on me in few critical moments and how. One guy rolled 1 for two turns and the turn he FINALLY didn't... his buddy did, only to wreck my plans even more. Still, that's what you get for pinning your hopes on wildcard that are trolls.

After failing to stop another TD, next drive I got lucky again - the game let me put my player under the ball this time, but he too failed at catching it, heh. And the ball was kicked pretty deep in my territory. Well, my pogoer managed to pick it from the ground at least, but he had to roll 2 GFIs if he wanted to pass the ball to a goblin that would be trying yet another 1TTD. Decided GFIs are too risky, I threw the ball. Successfully, and with a successful catch even! However, it was only then I realized you cannot pass the ball AND then also throw a player. Makes sense. Then however my slightly sleepy brain derped completely on me. I was sure for some reason this is my last turn so I decided to foul with my ball carrier. This of course put him straight on the frontline. Aslandus tried to make the best of this, but at the end of his turn the ball somehow ended on the ground. At that point, I could still theoretically pull a draw, I only had to pick the ball, pass it, throw a team-mate and do 2 GFIs, all without re-rolls I've already spent turns before... but as Aslandus already said, the pogoer failed to even execute step one.

So yeah, pretty back and forth game. Aslandus rolled twice a combination of 2 skulls and both down, but saved himself thanks to block skill. I had total of 3 badly hurt people, and one knocked out that didn't make it back till the very last drive, but at least no permanent injuries. Trolls were behaving... unless they weren't. And bombardier managed to toss the bomb without it exploding in his face for once. Well, I think even if we take away all the bad rolls (which, tbh, there weren't that many) I still didn't play well enough to deserve a win, so final score is pretty in line with what should be. All in all, I don't mind loosing if there's a spectacle to watch! I had fun. :)

Also, dicking around with pogoer is the best thing ever. There's something about him, his pogo stick and his boing-boing-around-the-field-motherfucker that just says (not-literal) "dickhead".
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 03:15:54 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: June 21, 2015, 01:34:36 pm »

I won't be able to play next week. Could you wait for me, because I don't want an automatic loss?

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: June 21, 2015, 11:25:12 pm »

I won't be able to play next week. Could you wait for me, because I don't want an automatic loss?

I usually try to advance the league every monday night/tuesday morning so if there is any time to schedule the game before then do so. If not schedule the game for as soon as you can and let me know when it's scheduled via pm.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: June 22, 2015, 04:28:25 pm »

TOO SPOOKY 0 - 1 Fightin Fairies

Thanks once again to Aslandus for being such a good sport about scheduling. This game was actually quite close to a tie game, with the there being about a 50/50 shot of Aslandus tieing the game on the very last turn, those ghouls are quite tricky with their long move. Gameplay wise it wasn't necessarily that interesting. Without my exceptionally elfy wardancer around I was unable to break Aslandus's cage, while I still had enough movement, AGI, and STR to prevent him from really moving forwards. As such both halves pretty much consisted of Aslandus's cage sliding back and forth across the pitch, while the elves maneuvered back and forth 3 squares downfield to prevent him from moving forwards. The most exciting part was probably the first two turns of the first half, where my wardancers managed to get through the enemy line and run in for the only touchdown on around turn 9.

Also playing this on a computer that was not my normal one (and such didn't have the Community Content Graphics pack) brought to my attention that my colors are all horribly wrong without it (I mean seriously, Navi has an orange crest instead of blue? It looks ridiculous!). As such I highly encourage anyone who doesn't have it already to go download and install the Blood Bowl Community Content Pack, it makes a lot of things look a lot nicer (and makes all my guys the right colors again :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: June 22, 2015, 04:35:48 pm »

And let's not forget that your wardancer was almost out of the game when my wizard zapped her on the second turn...

Also, notable injuries: none, somehow there was one badly hurt in the whole game and it was on a zombie (I don't remember if it was a foul or the treeman). There were a few KOs, but they all got back in the game before the end.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: June 22, 2015, 04:37:39 pm »

Twas the treeman. My only foul KO'd your wight on the very last turn of the half, only for him to stand up again immediately. (Actually other than that one foul I'm pretty sure every armor break I had was with the treeman :P).

Though yeah, being forced to use my apothecary on the second turn had me nervous every time your mummies hit someone.

Also Treeman got MVP! Only a few more CS's till he levels up again! :D

Edit: @Kanil: Just noticed that Aslandus's player thing at the top says that he's playing Chaos Dwarves, when in fact he is (as the one inside the spoiler tag indicates) playing Undead.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:41:03 pm by i2amroy »
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: June 22, 2015, 06:22:11 pm »

Edit: @Kanil: Just noticed that Aslandus's player thing at the top says that he's playing Chaos Dwarves, when in fact he is (as the one inside the spoiler tag indicates) playing Undead.

I may or may not have copy pasted his entry in the TT list...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: June 23, 2015, 12:04:39 pm »

A note about the community blood bowl pack: make sure to back up data and check that everything is in order. I just realized that the high elf blitzers are now missing torsos when I played a single player game. Granted, I haven't played against high elves before so maybe that's how they're supposed to look.

I'll probably leave it as is, it isn't game breaking and I think it's kinda funny.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: June 23, 2015, 12:13:36 pm »

There's an additional quickfix patch for that on the same page, just download that and install it over the top of the community content pack and it fixes that problem. (Just a single broken file IIRC.)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: June 23, 2015, 12:26:15 pm »

Ah, thanks. Not too big a problem, but I'm glad to have everything where it's supposed to be.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: June 23, 2015, 06:05:08 pm »

All matches have been validated and both leagues have advanced!

Week Six Main League Match-ups are:
i2amroy - Fightin Fairies vs Kanil - Shimmering Dragons
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS vs Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds
Aslandus - TOO SPOOKY vs monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks

Week Five Training League Match-ups are:
MrRoboto75 - Mr Bone's Wild Team vs Kansa - The Sickly Soldiers
SpottedWobbegong - Sandstorm Riders vs Aslandus - We move for nobody
Sinistar - Da Grin Party vs monk12 - Monk's Mjolner Makers
Criptfeind - Cript's Korinch Crew vs i2amroy - Vorpal Vampires
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S STRÖNGHAMMERS vs Kanil - Broad Street Broads

The league will be advancing Monday night unless scheduling issues occur. If there are any issues or difficulties, let me know.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 07:01:58 pm by THE_SLAYA »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: June 27, 2015, 10:50:37 am »

Sandstorm Riders 1-1 We move for nobody

Khemri, being a new team, got inducements to start with. An extra reroll, a loner, and something else I don't remember. The chaos dwarves started off kicking, and the thro-ra caught the ball immediately. A bunch of punching was done and three khemri players were injured (including the loner). One skeleton got kicked off by the ref for fouling a hobgoblin, leaving the khemri undermanned for the next half. The chaos dwarves got two badly hurt players, but nothing dangerous. A hobgoblin slipped out of the tomb guardian's tackle zone and another tried to blitz the ball carrier, but failed to dodge out. The thro-ra ran the ball in for a touchdown on the 8th turn.

The second half started with more punching, and a hobgoblin managed to slip through the defensive line of the khemri for a touchdown. The thro-ra managed to instantly catch the ball again, and the tomb guardians punched a hole in the chaos dwarf line. However, thanks to sneaky blocking and a few lucky 1 dices, I managed to knock him down before he scored another TD, but it didn't break armor. The thro-ra then dodged through a tackle zone, picked up the ball and dodged out of the tackle zone. The bull centaur managed to knock the thro-ra down again and dislodge the ball. A hobgoblin tried to pick up and pass the ball, but failed the launch.

A fun game, almost lost with the last push, but might've stopped his first run if my hobgoblin hadn't failed to dodge out of one tackle zone.

Notable injuries: none really. There was a niggling injury, but it was on the loner so I doubt it'll come up later. The rest were badly hurts.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 149