Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261034 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Finals - TT S4, SF
« Reply #1950 on: April 27, 2015, 04:21:31 pm »

Oh, Criptfiend managed to pull it off, eh? I wonder, what would happen if that beastman didn't get lucky back then... No matter, congratulations. Unless if I'm reading this wrong and it was i2amroy who won Training league? I'm confused how can there be elven AND chaos victory. :S

As for me and i2amroy, we played our game on Saturday, yeah, with the final score 3 - 0 for wood elves.

I'll be definitely continue to play this. So sign me up!

Team Name: The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds
Team Race: Orcs
League: Main League   

I'll be playing in training league too, but haven't yet decided on race. Nurgle was tempting, but I concluded they are more tricky to pull off than I'd really be prepared to spend my time on. So currently I'm thinking either Amazons or Chaos Dwarfs... or doing something completely silly and picking Goblins. Other people feel free to take any of those teams though, I'm not calling dibs on them or anything.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Signup - TT S4, Finals
« Reply #1951 on: April 27, 2015, 04:28:50 pm »

I've not played my game against i2amroy yet (and yes, I am terrified), the champion part was about me winning the main league. The chaos and elf victories are about the semifinals.

Anyway though. Sounds like a cool game. I'll be rooting for you in the main league!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 04:32:59 pm by Criptfeind »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 27, 2015, 04:37:19 pm »

Aaaaaah, I though something was off when I checked the league and your match was still marked as ?-?. But I though "Championship Circle" refers to you already winning so that's the source of my confusion, yeah. Well, good luck then. Spank some elven butts for us, will you? ;)
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 27, 2015, 04:58:30 pm »

I better sign up while there's slots open...

Name: We move for nobody
Race: chaos dwarf
League: Training league

I might make a team for the main league if more players are needed but I think I'd best leave the landing party aside (at least for this season) given their losing streak...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 27, 2015, 05:44:20 pm »

Aaaaaah, I though something was off when I checked the league and your match was still marked as ?-?. But I though "Championship Circle" refers to you already winning so that's the source of my confusion, yeah. Well, good luck then. Spank some elven butts for us, will you? ;)
He is one of the winners and thus in the Championship circle.... for the main league. Whether or not he continues the current-standing tradition of the training league where the winner of the main league also takes the training league cup is still up for debate. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 27, 2015, 10:44:19 pm »

Signing up for the training league.

Team Name: Mr Bone's Wild Team
Team Race: Undead
League: Training
Steam/BB Name: Dapper Apples
Time: Eastern (EDT -4)

That might mean undead is closed off for others, assuming the pre-existing team is having another go.  If one of the vets wants to start an undead team, I'll step aside and try something else.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 27, 2015, 11:30:39 pm »

Training league doesn't allow "another go". It's limited to brand new teams only. :P (The main league, on the other hand, takes any team, new or experienced, as long as it has only been in Bay12 leagues so far).
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 29, 2015, 04:08:48 am »

Ok sack it, let's do this.

Team Name: Da Grin Party
Team Race: Goblins
League: Training League

Can't wait to try my disaster crew out. Dis gon be goooood.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: May 01, 2015, 02:14:48 pm »

Congratulations to Cryptfiend! That game was easily the longest game I've ever played, going for a grand total of 32 turns (because I spent 10 of them trying to get a treeman who had picked up the ball to get the season winning TD rather then decently ending the game with the win :P). And even then after Cryptfiend scored the winning goal the game was almost not over, on my turn 32 I got a single roll away from succeeding in a OTT to tie the game again, but my wardancer only managed to roll a 3 on her leap instead of a 4).

Definitely a good game and was funny enough that I don't even feel bad about throwing the game due to the pure hilariousness that it contained. I lost two lineman permanently, but my team has well over the gold needed to replace them (and I needed one to die so I could pick up another catcher anyways).

Wood elves will be moving up to the main league next season, and I'm gonna be starting a vampire team in the training league.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: May 01, 2015, 02:23:59 pm »

Holy crap that game was. So looooong. And super tense pretty much every single turn.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Signup - TT S5, Signup
« Reply #1960 on: May 01, 2015, 08:45:05 pm »

The tradition holds true, xD. That means both leagues are officially done and just waiting on all the applicants to submit their teams to the leagues.

The Svens have moved up to the main league and I've added SLAYA'S STRÖNGHAMMERS (Dwarves) to the training league, If anyone wants to join make sure to let us know, I'd love to see some more of this season's training league teams move up to the main league and compete there.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: May 01, 2015, 09:18:47 pm »

Both of my teams are formally submitted. Looks like Main league is going to be a rather bloody place this go around with all that AV7!

Congrats to Criptfiend on the double! You are now of course obliged to try for the repeat to earn our first double-double. :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: May 01, 2015, 09:50:30 pm »

As much as I'd love to try for it again, I just don't have the time these days for so much blood bowl. So I'm still just going to stick with the training league this time around. Which means as far as I'm concerned that the tradition is going to die with me!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: May 01, 2015, 10:20:45 pm »

Good to see Slaya and Aslandus picking different teams from one another this season. :P

I've applied both my teams. I think this is the stupidest theme I've ever come up with for a team, but hey, making teams is hard. :(
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: May 01, 2015, 10:34:31 pm »

Indeed, technically dwarves and chaos dwarves are different :P

I don't think I developed my Norse team very well, if I head for the main league I'll be making a different team, maybe goblins or halflings just for the lulz... What are the leagues looking like so far? I count 8 for the training league and 5 for the main league...
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 149